• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vaporization Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second, the source says

"And thanks to our spies spread across scientific organizations, we now have the energy required to turn a human into an atomic soup, to break all the atomic bonds in a body. According to the captured study, it takes around three gigajoules of death-ray to entirely vaporize a person"

This is atomization, why do we use this for vaporization?

I was wondering that too. We used to have values, but they were removed. I'd feel unsure using the old oes because I'm not sure if they were removed for a good reason.

I remember hearing from Gwynn the 2.99 GJ value was wrong. That said, he was/is working on a method to find the vaporization value of vaporizing a human.

Is the 2.99 Gigajoule energy requirement for atomizing a human body legit? Because if it is, it could come in handy for a couple of profiles.

And good luck with that calc @FanofRPGs.

Soldier Blue said:
Is the 2.99 Gigajoule energy requirement for atomizing a human body legit? Because if it is, it could come in handy for a couple of profiles.
And good luck with that calc @FanofRPGs.
It would work really well with the Daleks, who can atomize people at full power and their full power blasts have been calced to be building level by vaporizing other daleks.

Yeah, I think the 2.99 Gigajoules was for atomization; Fan's calc seems like good effort if you ask me, but at the very least; I'd say it's close to accurate.

The vaporization values for common materials such as steel is listed in my profile. I made a chart for it.

Also that J/cc value for human body is tremendous, considering that the value actually exceeds the energy required to vaporize rock, but it is what it is.

Here is the article that states that it requires 3 Gigajoules to fully vaporize a person.

@Lina If these values are not already available in the page, perhaps they should be inserted somewhere?

There is pulverization and atomization value for human body, but I don't think that it currently has a vaporization value. I checked both the Calculations page and Lina's profile, but didn't find it.

@Lina that article specifically states it's interpreting vaporization to mean separating all atoms within the molecules, in other words atomization. That's why it's so high. The article even says that it would take over 25,000 joules to vaporize a single gram of water.

@Blahblah That does not seem useful then.

To check this subject on Google, this article states that the

The average adult male is about 60% water.
Meaning if you were to vaporize the adult human body, 60% of that energy that is used in vaporizing the human body would apply to vaporizing water.

As for the other 40%, I am not sure what that is composed of, so can someone research that and figure out what it is?

Since it seems relatively agreed upon, should we change the page in accordance to this new information? And should there be a search for pages which deal with human vaporization and change their tier in accordance to the revision?

There is a calculator that I found online where you can calculate the mass of your bones depending on your body mass.

• Plugging 150lb into the calculator, I got a mass of 22.5lb for the bones. This would mean that the bones would make up about 15% of your body mass (can go up to 20% at max)
  • This is expanded further here in this article.

Antvasima said:
Here are the pages that link to the previously used value:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/index....ook-so-youe28099re-ready-to-vaporize-a-human/

Pages that are a part of the same franchise, and scaled from this, would have to be adjusted as well of course.

I am not sure where we should insert a link to the human vaporisation calculation, in a footnote for the Calculations or Calculation Guide page perhaps?
We should put it in both, and I have a suggestion for it being in Attack Potency too.

Well, upon inspection, it seems out of place in the calculation instruction pages, but we have a trivia section in the attack potency page where it would fit right in.

@GKS77 Thank you for the help. Please remember to check for other pages in the franchises that are scaled from them as well, and to update them accordingly.

Since this topic has been dealt with, perhaps we should close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back