• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WandaVision MCU Spoiler Discussion Thread

Lol I cannot wait for next week's inevitable CRT

So theres two Visions now? Also I still can't believe they finally named dropped her actual title: The Scarlet Witch as well as mention the powers most associated with her comic counterpart (i.e: Chaos Magic and Probability Hex).

Anyways...

WOW. We have a LOT to discuss.

Monica and fake Pietro were oddly absent from today's episode, Agatha has been alive since the late 1600s and slayed her magic clan after they attempted to kill Agatha for practicing the dark arts, Wanda has had powers since childhood but only had her powers drastically exemplified by the mind stone, Wanda is the lone creator of the Westview pocket dimension, we're literally moments away from a showdown between Agatha and Wanda, Hayward has finally gotten his ideal version of Vision (another mid credits scene in case you missed it), and most importantly... we discovered where Wanda gets her love of sitcoms from.

Last edited:
Anyways...

WOW. We have a LOT to discuss.

Monica and fake Pietro were oddly absent from today's episode, Agatha has been alive since the late 1600s and slayed her magic clan after they attempted to kill Agatha for practicing the dark arts, Wanda has had powers since childhood but only had her powers drastically exemplified by the mind stone, Wanda is the lone creator of the Westview pocket dimension, we're literally moments away from a showdown between Agatha and Wanda, Hayward has finally gotten his ideal version of Vision (another mid credits scene in case you missed it), and most importantly... we discovered where Wanda gets her love of sitcoms from.
And most importantly, HAX

Agatha should get life absorption, teleportation, (whatever she did with the hair and subsequent scenes), transmutation, resistance to mind manip, longevity (or type 1 immortality), magic (of course) and last but not least, power nullification. There is probably more im missing, so tell me if I did!

In terms of abilities...

Wanda:
Wanda gets nothing new aside from magic and chaos manipulation (which I should note, it should be added to Wanda's first key given that her magic abilities aren't something new, but rather something she's been doing the whole time), but Wanda does now have blatant, visual confirmation that the entire creation of the "Westview Anomaly" was completely her doing. Agatha also confirmed that Wanda does have probability manipulation.

Edit: I missed this but Wanda gets Illusion Creation as well (Agatha said Wanda was causing illusions at the edge of town)

For Agatha...
This woman is no joke. She's showcased...
Telepathy (Wanda was unable to read her mind) and Mind Manipulation (Completely unaffected by the Westview Anomaly's affects on the mind)

Last edited:
I may have missed a few things so let me know. We should also discuss whether Agatha's death manip is just life steal or not.

I may have missed a few things so let me know. We should also discuss whether Agatha's death manip is just life steal or not.
That was really weird actually it didn't really have an explanation and was vague as to how she did it. Idk if she absorbed their life force, exhausted their energies and aged them, the method is just presented very oddly to me.

In terms of abilities...

Wanda:
Wanda gets nothing new aside from magic and chaos manipulation (which I should note, it should be added to Wanda's first key given that her magic abilities aren't something new, but rather something she's been doing the whole time), but Wanda does now have blatant, visual confirmation that the entire creation of the "Westview Anomaly" was completely her doing. Agatha also confirmed that Wanda does have probability manipulation.

For Agatha...
Telepathy (Wanda was unable to read her mind) and Mind Manipulation (Completely unaffected by the Westview Anomaly's affects on the mind)

I would say it is more life manipulation, as you can see her magic literally stealing their life, withering them away, rather than bringing upon their death.

Yeah I don't believe it to be outright death at with how they slowly decayed and corrupted, and their magic turned purple like agatha was manipulating it or absorbing it along with their life forces so im not really sure at least that's how I interpreted it

It didn't really look like she's absorbing them though, at least to me.
This is what agatha did, and is classified as life-force absorbtion

In terms of abilities...

Wanda:

For Agatha...
To point out about Agatha, she did the power null thing in a very limited area through the use of several magic runes within it, so that fact should be mentioned as that's not something she can do anywhere she wants and takes prep time.

To point out about Agatha, she did the power null thing in a very limited area through the use of several magic runes within it, so that fact should be mentioned as that's not something she can do anywhere she wants and takes prep time.
Fixed.

Unrelated note but there was no please stand by at the end of this episode since the whole facade is finally down completely. Or at least that's why I believe there isn't one

In terms of abilities...

Wanda:
Technology Manipulation and Metal Manipulation? I mean, she recreated all of Vision
For Agatha...
I wouldn't call Dark Arts "Darkness Manipulation". Darkness Manipulation refers to the control over shadows and darkness itself, whereas Dark Arts it's clearly a name refering to the insidious nature of Agatha's practices; her powers are therefore more akin to Unholy Manipulation.

I don't think that what Agatha did during this episode has something to do with Illusion Creation, as that would imply that she's the one creating those scenarios when it clearly isn't the case. It seems like a weird mix between Telepathy and Memory Manipulation.

In terms of abilities...

Wanda:

For Agatha...
Also to point to another thing i just noticed, i think Agatha wouldn't have telepathy cause as we see in the episode she didn't read Wanda's mind at the end of ep 7, she was showing her stuff instead, and the memories thing also seem more like some sort of Memory Manifestion as she wasn't actually reading her memories and had to have Wanda herself relieve those memories in order to see them herself.

Also, you forgot Mind Manipulation for Agatha which she showcased on the fly

Last edited:
Technology Manipulation and Metal Manipulation? I mean, she recreated all of Vision
I thought about that but I've decided to hold onto that until next episode. It did kind of seem weird that she was able to bring all his parts into one place from a facility that's likely several miles away from where she was. That whole mid credits scene with Hayward made me double check myself even more, so I'd rather wait til next week until we get more context with what's going on with that. It also seemed like Vision was completely being ripped apart when he tried to leave westview in episode 6 as if he was some kind of false reality.
I wouldn't call Dark Arts "Darkness Manipulation". Darkness Manipulation refers to the control over shadows and darkness itself, whereas Dark Arts it's clearly a name refering to the insidious nature of Agatha's practices; her powers are therefore more akin to Unholy Manipulation.
This seems fine then. I'll fix that.
I don't think that what Agatha did during this episode has something to do with Illusion Creation, as that would imply that she's the one creating those scenarios when it clearly isn't the case. It seems like a weird mix between Telepathy and Memory Manipulation.
I'd disagree. It seems like they were going through a physical recollection and not just a journey through Wanda's mind since it ended in an apparently physical room where we visually see Wanda walk out of it.

Also to point to another thing i just noticed, i think Agatha wouldn't have telepathy cause as we see in the episode she didn't read Wanda's mind at the end of ep 7, she was showing her stuff instead, and the memories thing also seem more like some sort of Memory Manifestion as she wasn't actually reading her memories and had to have Wanda herself relieve those memories there to see them
At the end of episode 7 we clearly see Agatha doing something to Wanda's mind, but in episode 8 we clearly see it wasn't mind manip since we see Wanda being able to act on her own free will. Also, how else would Agatha be able to access and show Wanda her memories if Agatha couldn't read them? Agatha also really seemed to fake being surprised at Wanda's memories since she reiterated them in a sarcastic tone.
Also, you forgot Mind Manipulation for Agatha which she showcased on the fly
She probably does have mind manip but I don't know if I've seen enough to give it to her. It didn't seem like she mind haxxed Wanda since Wanda was able to act on her own free will immediately after, and she only really tapped "Herb" on the shoulder to make him stop doing whatever he was doing. Maybe the whole thing with Herb is enough to give her mind manip and I'm just being too conservative though.

Just remembered Agatha only said that Necromancy was off the table because of the condition of Pietro's body and the fact that it's on a entirely different continent but that's all she never said it's not possible or viable for her use so shouldn't she get that ability even if it wasn't displayed she still put it on the table as something that could be possible if the body was there and in good condition

At the end of episode 7 we clearly see Agatha doing something to Wanda's mind, but in episode 8 we clearly see it wasn't mind manip since we see Wanda being able to act on her own free will. Also, how else would Agatha be able to access and show Wanda her memories if Agatha couldn't read them? Agatha also really seemed to fake being surprised at Wanda's memories since she reiterated them in a sarcastic tone.
It isn't like that really, she was actively pushing Wanda to relieve those memories and emphasizing the fact she needed Wanda to so, and as we see with each memory she was understanding Wanda's powers more but still needed to see more of them to fully understand how she created the hex and what her powers were. If she just outright had free access to all her memories she would have known all of that on the spot.
She probably does have mind manip but I don't know if I've seen enough to give it to her. It didn't seem like she mind haxxed Wanda since Wanda was able to act on her own free will immediately after, and she only really tapped "Herb" on the shoulder to make him stop doing whatever he was doing. Maybe the whole thing with Herb is enough to give her mind manip and I'm just being too conservative though.
I meant the scene where she literally outright uses Mind Control through her magic showcasing it to Wanda by doing it on the insect. Tho she points out at least she spell she used only works on feeble minds

Last edited:
It isn't like that really, she was actively pushing Wanda to relieve those memories and emphasizing the fact she needed Wanda to so, as we see that with each memory she was understanding Wanda's powers more but still needed to see more of them to fully understand how she created the hex and what her powers her were. If she just outright had free access to all her memories she would have known all of that on the spot.

I meant the scene where she literally outright uses Mind Control through her magic showcasing it to Wanda by doing it on the insect.
Agatha does showcase that on a fly and said something about it working on feeble minds.

I'd also have to agree somewhat with tsubasa on the point thar Agatha needed Wanda to actively relive her memories to find how she created the Hex. At the last few steps of the way she's literally telling Wanda that they're close and she has to keep pushing through so that she can see the start of it all but that said the narrative won't necessarily be contradicted by anything even going by Crimson's logic because Wanda is learning her own truth in that entire sequence and is coming to accept the reality of it all and not repress her memories any longer

It isn't like that really, she was actively pushing Wanda to relieve those memories and emphasizing the fact she needed Wanda to so, and as we see with each memory she was understanding Wanda's powers more but still needed to see more of them to fully understand how she created the hex and what her powers her were. If she just outright had free access to all her memories she would have known all of that on the spot.
Agatha needed to see Wanda experience the events herself to get a better understanding of how it led up to her current powers. She needed to see it with her own eyes. Merely going through Wanda's memories wouldn't have done that for her. Regardless it did seem like they were physically reliving Wanda's memories and not just going through her mind. I'm still convinced those were illusions we were seeing.
I meant the scene where she literally outright uses Mind Control through her magic showcasing it to Wanda by doing it on the insect. Tho she points out at least she spell she used only works on feeble minds
Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. I'll add it.

Agatha needed to see Wanda experience the events herself to get a better understanding of how it led up to her current powers. She needed to see it with her own eyes. Merely going through Wanda's memories wouldn't have done that for her. Regardless it did seem like they were physically reliving Wanda's memories and not just going through her mind. I'm still convinced those were illusions we were seeing.
I think it was some sort of Memory Manifestation combined with Illusion Creation yes, my point is that what she was not Telepathy as she wasn't actively reading Wanda's memories through her mind and needed Wanda to relive them in order to physically see them instead, as we see she talks she needs to see Wanda relive those to actually understand Wanda's powers, as she says "I have i theory, but i need more".

Last edited:
This episode was interesting. I am confused about what happened to Pietro and Monica. The character development for Wanda was pretty good. Hope we get to see action in episode 9

I am confused about what happened to Pietro and Monica
We'll find out next episode that's when all the spectacle, drama, and fighting typical of the MCU will go down. This episode was purely focused on threads being tied together through Wanda's development and set up for the inevitable finale battle and intro to phase 4 that the next episode will be.

We'll find out next episode that's when all the spectacle, drama, and fighting typical of the MCU will go down. This episode was purely focused on threads being tied together through Wanda's development and set up for the inevitable finale battle and intro to phase 4 that the next episode will be.
There are 2 episodes though

Back