• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What happened to 7-A My Hero Academia?

Shigaraki went after Aizawa to get his Quirks back, and tried to grab Izuku and leave. Why does Shigaraki need to do any of that, if he can blow a hole through Endeavor with the energy he generates by flicking his pinky finger? He clearly didn't believe he could take them all on without his Quirks, he needed to get Aizawa off him. Either by getting out of his line of sight or killing/blinding him.

There is no threat if Shigaraki could one shot Endeavor, absolutely zero damn threat. By saying Endeavor's dura is 8-A yet Shigaraki has Low 7-B+ AP, we're saying Shigaraki and that entire fight is the biggest load of CIS and PIS in the entire series.

Shigaraki just became to stupidest character in this manga, even though he himself stated he was done holding backing against the Heroes in the previous arc.

Endeavor, no anyone, would've pointed out that Shigaraki was holding back and take advantage of that, yet it's never stated. In fact it's stated by Shigaraki that the heroes forced him to go past his limits.

This isn't even a big deal when this is all confirmed in universe, with Endeavor's dura being comparable to 45% Izuku. Who's only slightly less than 2X weaker than 100%.

No one has brought up any real reason why Shigaraki would hold back when he tried to kill Endeavor as his first move with decay, yet now all of a sudden he wants to hold back and let him live?

Do I think Endeavor full scales to Shigaraki, no I'm certain he should downscale. Shigaraki wasn't going Plus Ultra on him, but I see no reason to believe he'd holding back his strength by thousands of times.

I'd say something against your point happens in literally the next sequence of events with Rock Lock. We all know how weak Rock Lock is physically from Overhaul arc. We should all at least agree that in terms of durability: Ryukyu >>>>>> Rock Lock yet the latter literally stepped in front of Shigaraki to intercept him.

Shigaraki had to sidestep and avoid Rock Lock to pass him considering Rock Lock was still in the same position after Shiggy bypassed him. Shigaraki later easily pierced Ryukyu's dragon scales with his bare hands so he couod have easily ran right through Rock Lock and burst him like a balloon.

Shigaraki avoiding Rock Lock just means he wasn't wasn't going for lethal attacks at that point. He was basically smiling and laughing at that point in the fight.

As for holding back by thousands of times, Muscular already did it to 5% Deku then to 100% Deku which is a much steeper difference than Shigaraki & Endeavor.

Shigaraki didn't move in midair, he continued on his straight path. The only way for Shigarkai to move is by punching the air, he did no such thing.

He didn't avoid Rock Lock, Rock Lock completely failed to stand in front of Shigaraki who was in the air.

Muscular isn't Shigaraki, Muscular wants to enjoy fighting and to play (He also can't fight that good at his 100%). Shigaraki stated he wants to kill everyone, the first damn thing Shigaraki did when his Quirks came back was to do a massive wave of decay. There is no in character reason for Shigaraki to hold back by thousands of times.

Your only evidence is that he's smiling, which doesn't mean anything. People can smile and not hold back by thousands of times their usually strength.

Edit: Please explain why no a single character mentions Shigaraki is holding back his strength? While when Muscular used his full power, it was mentioned that he was holding back. They made it clear he was holding back, both Muscular and Izuku said so.

I honestly think Shiggy was acting out of character due to AFO trying to take him over. He easily could have killed Ryukyu, Rock Lock, Gran Torino, etc. with just simple movements, but he didn't, despite that never being something he wouldn't do.

I think the argument he was holding back here is relevant SOLELY because AFO's desire to take OFA was overpowering his own desires at the time, and it resulted in him having to go beyond his limits. After he destroyed the visage of AFO in his mind, he immediately smacked GT and Endeavor away and almost instantly made it to Deku. He really was just not paying attention to Endeavor after he sensed OFA, it was all he cared about.

Note: This is pointless, if Endeavor has 8-A dura than Shigaraki has 8-A AP.

Shigaraki has a "chance" of being Low 7-B+ because of Endeavor's statement. He stated Shigaraki had strength like All Might, he also said 100% BoS Izuku had strength like All Might. Meaning he believes BoS 100% Izuku and Shigaraki are comparable to each other.

Endeavor has no reason not to point out, Shigaraki dodged my flame with All Might level power yet the punch he hit me with was vastly weaker. He's holding back for some unexplained reason.

Shigaraki has no reason to be Low 7-B+ without this statement.

I honestly think Shiggy was acting out of character due to AFO trying to take him over. He easily could have killed Ryukyu, Rock Lock, Gran Torino, etc. with just simple movements, but he didn't, despite that never being something he wouldn't do.
No he can't, he never did something like that and it was never stated that he could. He failed to go through Ryukyu fully, even though he was going past his limits. If he was thousands of times stronger than her he'd go through her hand like it was made of air.

It makes no sense for him to hold back in your case either, if he wants OFA no matter what, he'd squash the bugs with one hit. Even Gigantomachia realized that trying to ignore the heroes was a mistake and decided to squish them.

Guess Machia is smarter than Shigaraki.

No he can't, he never did something like that and it was never stated that he could. He failed to go through Ryukyu fully, even though he was going past his limits. If he was thousands of times stronger than her he'd go through her hand like it was made of air.

It makes no sense for him to hold back in your case either, if he wants OFA no matter what, he'd squash the bugs with one hit. Even Gigantomachia realized that trying to ignore the heroes was a mistake and decided to squish them.

Guess Machia is smarter than Shigaraki.
Machia doesn't have AFO in his head telling him to get OFA all the time and directly influencing his combat abilities. You're telling me that its impossible for Shigaraki to want to ignore the others instead of actively kill everyone?

Also, he one shot Ryukyu by just stomping Endeavor into her, not even directly hitting her. She is far below him, Endeavor and 45%, its not even a question. The only reason he didn't run through her completely after twisting her hand nearly completely off with minimum effort, is because Deku hopped onto his back and took more attention than she did, especially since he actually succeeded in restraining him.

Attempting to play this game of "lol guess Machia is smarter cause he reacted like this" is ridiculous. They were in completely different situations, are completely different people, and operated under completely different circumstances when it came to fighting. Machia has a simple brain and plan. Shigaraki was looking to initially ignore, then humiliate Endeavor, hence why he mocked his pose and talked down to him.

Why did he want to ignore and mock Endeavor? Because AFO was messing with his head and trying to take over, and AFO's default personality is talking shit to everyone and getting OFA. Endeavor was a problem that wouldn't go away, so he smacked him down and taunted him before leaving. I don't see how this is an impossibility in your eyes.

The Ryukyu thing was rather weak, I'll give you that.

The Machia thing was more sarcastic though, not fully serious, apologies about that since something like that isn't clear in text, my bad.

AFO being his head means nothing, can you prove that Shigaraki is holding back. Endeavor not dying in one hit isn't proof at all, he can just have Low 7-B+ durability. Why is Shigaraki Low 7-B+, why doesn't NO ONE mention Shigaraki holding back, why does him smiling and taunting mean he's holding back?

Muscular was smiling against Izuku when he went all out, does that mean he was lying and was still holding back? Smiling doesn't mean he's holding back, it just means he's having fun and enjoying himself. Saying he can't think clearly, yet he can think clear enough to get rid of Aizawa so he can kill everyone.

With this logic he can stand still and kill everyone with less than 1 percent of his power. His entire struggle against them makes no sense, all of those chapters loses any damn meaning because Shigaraki and AFO decided to become the stupidest people in the world.

When they can get OFA in just one minute. Or everything makes sense because he cannot defeat them without his Quirks, so he needs to get Aizawa off him or lose his line of sight.

Shigaraki didn't move in midair, he continued on his straight path. The only way for Shigarkai to move is by punching the air, he did no such thing.

He didn't avoid Rock Lock, Rock Lock completely failed to stand in front of Shigaraki who was in the air.

Muscular isn't Shigaraki, Muscular wants to enjoy fighting and to play (He also can't fight that good at his 100%). Shigaraki stated he wants to kill everyone, the first damn thing Shigaraki did when his Quirks came back was to do a massive wave of decay. There is no in character reason for Shigaraki to hold back by thousands of times.

Your only evidence is that he's smiling, which doesn't mean anything. People can smile and not hold back by thousands of times their usually strength.

Edit: Please explain why no a single character mentions Shigaraki is holding back his strength? While when Muscular used his full power, it was mentioned that he was holding back. They made it clear he was holding back, both Muscular and Izuku said so.
What do you mean Shigaraki was in the air against Rock Lock? He was running on the ground. He mocked Endeavor stepped down then started sprinting towards Aizawa. His face was literally lined up at the same level as Rock Lock and Aizawa. Also Rock Lock was literally in front of Aizawa and Shigaraki was moving in a straight line towards Aizawa. How could he bypass Rock Lock without literally sidestepping him?

Also while the characters never mention Shigaraki holding back, his actions say otherwise. He literally faced Gran Torino while the latter talked random stuff about Nana and didn't even injure him, later he shows that he could have easily one-shot Torino at any time. Neither Torino's speed nor attacks or defence were are problem for Shiggy so why did he even entangle with him before and not one-shot kill him? Because he wasn't as serious before he got hit by Vanishing Fist and made that speech about Heroes and Villains.

IIRC it (7-A) was deemed as an outlier compared to the Tier 7 (C to B) and Tier 8 (C to A) feats
Why would it be an outlier? The attack was produced by 2 smashes. The only people who should scale to it are Nine Bakugo and Deku at 100% full cowl. I fail t see why it would be an outlier

yea, I think it was upscaling from 100% deku and bakugo punching a hole in and basically dispersing nines storm which I think was high 7-A + the 60x multiplier for prime all might, if im remembering correctly
Why would All Might scale to this at all? That 100% Deku should be seperior to a 100% All Might even in his prime.

Less than a year had passed in universe during Hero's Rising. Deku's 100% still wouldn't be exponentially above All Might or anything.

It would probably be a negligible difference since as late as season 3 Muscular fight, Deku still calls his 100% smashes, 100% of All Might's power meaning he didn't notice any significant growth in OFA till that time.

Otherwise he would have just said he used even more power than All Might.

Why was All Might’s storm calc rejected again? Because someone argued that he just punched air in the sky to make the clouds?

That’s BS, he pulled those clouds in, otherwise there wouldn’t be a literal eye and the clouds wouldn’t be spinning in circles.

I have no idea anymore, you should probably ask Therefir since he's the one who actually did most of the calcs.

But I'd like to bring up that while High 6-C is an outlier. I don't believe the 7-A calc should be discard, unless we believe 7-A is an outlier as well?

Where is High 6-C from? I

Tho I agree there, I can see 7-A to High 7-A, but them being High 6-C seems like a stretch

High 6-C comes from the same storm, to be more accurate the kinetic energy of the storm while it was spinning.

The 7-A calc comes from the explosion and the kinetic energy of dispersing the storm, which I want to know if we considered that an outlier.

Also I've seen plenty of people talk about 6-B all might, where does that come from? Is it because of the 300 multiplier thing?

Less than a year had passed in universe during Hero's Rising. Deku's 100% still wouldn't be exponentially above All Might or anything.

It would probably be a negligible difference since as late as season 3 Muscular fight, Deku still calls his 100% smashes, 100% of All Might's power meaning he didn't notice any significant growth in OFA till that time.

Otherwise he would have just said he used even more power than All Might.
This is an assumption, youre claiming that Deku hasn’t gotten any stronger despite the series stating he has been increasing in strength.
I still fail to see why its an outlier

There is no 300x multiple, there's a 60x times multiplier that'd put Prime All Might at 7-A though. I've never heard of a 6-B rating.

But that multiplier currently rejected.

I have no idea anymore, you should probably ask Therefir since he's the one who actually did most of the calcs.

But I'd like to bring up that while High 6-C is an outlier. I don't believe the 7-A calc should be discard, unless we believe 7-A is an outlier as well?
Why is high 6-c an outlier?

Because it is currently believed that Full Cowl 100% is the exact same strength as 100% in a single limb
Why would it? We literally have proof that completely refutes that. Deku with 100% in a single limb could barely fight full powered Nine, with 100% full cowl he literally slaps nine like and adult fighting a child. Even if it was the same as 100% in a single limb, why would tjis be an outlier?

Why would it? We literally have proof that completely refutes that. Deku with 100% in a single limb could barely fight full powered Nine, with 100% full cowl he literally slaps nine like and adult fighting a child. Even if it was the same as 100% in a single limb, why would tjis be an outlier?
If it’s the same strength in a single limb, then we have Shigaraki being possibly High 6-C, which makes Endeavor possibly High 6-C, which ***** everything.

I don’t believe High 6-C is an outlier either because I disagree that Full Cowl and a single limb are the same strength, but that was turned down via a crt a while ago. You’re welcome to revisit the argument.

Because High 6-C is a feat far greater than anything the series has ever shown, it's way too high. It's over thousands of times higher than the Low 7-B they scale to. I cannot accept such a high jump with no other feats to back it up.

Izuku at no point mentioned that using Full Cowl makes him stronger than when he was using 5% in a single limb, considering something like that is pretty important in terms of how his power works, there's no reason not to bring it up. And it makes no sense for 100% Full Cowl to be stronger and not 5% Full Cowl, in comparison to a single limb use.

Izuku also figured out that they needed two OFA's in order to defeat Nine, this is after he was blown away by his tornado. So he clearly knows how strong 100% Full Cowl is compared to a single limb use of 100%. During the fight with Shigaraki he states "He has to go down here. Now's the moment to let it all out! Everything OFA has to offer! No matter what happens to me!"

Izuku's 100% against Shigaraki is his absolute full power, there's no mistaking that, and he's not using 100% Full Cowl. So either Izuku has memory loss as well and can't remember using 100% Full Cowl against Chisaki and Nine, or he's lying to himself for some reason.

If using Full Cowl does increase his strength more than a single usage, than it's not by a massive amount.

Note: No one scales to Shigaraki's Durability.

If it’s the same strength in a single limb, then we have Shigaraki being possibly High 6-C, which makes Endeavor possibly High 6-C, which ***** everything.

I don’t believe High 6-C is an outlier either because I disagree that Full Cowl and a single limb are the same strength, but that was turned down via a crt a while ago. You’re welcome to revisit the argument.
Why cant endeavor be 6 c? Or tomura??? Why cant these few be 6c

Why was All Might’s storm calc rejected again? Because someone argued that he just punched air in the sky to make the clouds?

That’s BS, he pulled those clouds in, otherwise there wouldn’t be a literal eye and the clouds wouldn’t be spinning in circles.
******* HELL, we even see how the clouds are spinning after they're generated, which implies he somehow moved them. It definitely shouldn't be rejected.

Because High 6-C is a feat far greater than anything the series has ever shown, it's way too high. It's over thousands of times higher than the Low 7-B they scale to. I cannot accept such a high jump with no other feats to back it up.

Izuku at no point mentioned that using Full Cowl makes him stronger than when he was using 5% in a single limb, considering something like that is pretty important in terms of how his power works, there's no reason not to bring it up. And it makes no sense for 100% Full Cowl to be stronger and not 5% Full Cowl, in comparison to a single limb use.

Izuku also figured out that they needed two OFA's in order to defeat Nine, this is after he was blown away by his tornado. So he clearly knows how strong 100% Full Cowl is compared to a single limb use of 100%. During the fight with Shigaraki he states "He has to go down here. Now's the moment to let it all out! Everything OFA has to offer! No matter what happens to me!"

Izuku's 100% against Shigaraki is his absolute full power, there's no mistaking that, and he's not using 100% Full Cowl. So either Izuku has memory loss as well and can't remember using 100% Full Cowl against Chisaki and Nine, or he's lying to himself for some reason.

If using Full Cowl does increase his strength more than a single usage, than it's not by a massive amount.

Note: No one scales to Shigaraki's Durability.
Trying to argue that the feat being too high and you dont like thus makin it an outlier does not work, thats an appeal to emotion. You would simply have to prove that it cannot fit in the scaling and is contradicted.

The feats in the show literally show that Full Cowl is a greater boost in power, statements arent need when literally feats support this being the case. Deku uses 100% smash to try to stop nines attack, and it literally does nothing. Deku uses 100% full cowl and he’s literally capable of stomping nine. So the series does support it being a higher boost than just a 100% smash.

Deku stating that two ofa users were needed to defeat nine does not contradict Full Cowl being shown stronger than a single limb, this simply means he felt that two full cowl users were needed to defeat nine, i fail to see the point you are trying to make here.
Deku saying hes giving it all hes got agaisnt shigaraki but not using full cowl also does not prove Full Cowl isnt a greater boost in strength, the feats support the latter to be the case. Why would Deku use Full Cowl and incapacitate himself when he can simply spam his smashes without full cowl? It would literally make no sense for Deku to just end himself right then and there, so this isnt an argument what so ever.

Deku scales to Tomura’s durability and so does endeavor

******* HELL, we even see how the clouds are spinning after they're generated, which implies he somehow moved them. It definitely shouldn't be rejected.
Thats anime only, in the manga he just punches the ground and it starts raining lol. I fail to see why this cant be accepted anyways

The movies have way better feats than the Manga or Anime honestly the buff in the movies is exponential.

Because that is wildly stronger than literally every other feat in the entire series by such an absurd margin that it requires extraordinary evidence to be considered applicable
Thats like trying to argue Moon busting roshi is an outlier, which is something this wiki has accepted. They have the feat, that’s enough proof of to show they are at that level. How can a series progress in power if yall deem every big jump in power to be an outlier? The burden is on you to prove that this is an outlier. Prove this feat cannot exist within the series and its contradicted by later statements in the series.

Thats like trying to argue Moon busting roshi is an outlier, which is something this wiki has accepted. They have the feat, that’s enough proof of to show they are at that level. How can a series progress in power if yall deem every big jump in power to be an outlier? The burden is on you to prove that this is an outlier. Prove this feat cannot exist within the series and its contradicted by later statements in the series.
There are Multiple other feats that back that one up and Guide statements not just 1.

Just read the Manga dude in no place in the war did they even Create such a feat not even while all of them where going at it at their best.

There are Multiple other feats that back that one up and Guide statements not just 1.
Roshi moon busting feat isnt backed up by any previous feat. His only other feay is destroying a mountain. The guide backing it up is alr, but that doesnt change the fact that its a large boost.
Im not saying Moon busting roshi is an outlier as I dbz and i believe roshi is more than a moon buster but this is the type of logic yall are using. Prove it to be inconsistent or dont argue against it. That simple.

Roshi moon busting feat isnt backed up by any previous feat. His only other feay is destroying a mountain. The guide backing it up is alr, but that doesnt change the fact that its a large boost.
Im not saying Moon busting roshi is an outlier as I dbz and i believe roshi is more than a moon buster but this is the type of logic yall are using. Prove it to be inconsistent or dont argue against it. That simple.
There is actually. King piccolo destroying shenron who is as strong as he's creator that being Kami which can recreate the Moon.

Back