• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wiki Maintenance Help Request

Seol404

Joke Battles Tiering System Scholar
She/Her
Joke Battles
Administrator

You read the title lol​

Alright so we are severely understaffed (at least concerning the active staff members) and currently incapable of maintaining the site and it's over 3000 pages so I'm making this thread as a request for help from anyone willing to put in time. Those who contribute the most to these efforts will likely be added as members of our staff as Content Mods and possibly Admin.

Going to try to break this down into different categories for ease of understanding.

Page Cleanup Request​

Most pages in our Powers and Abilities category are severely lacking compared to their VSBW counterparts (Which many are copy and pasted from) and I would like to fix that. Now it would be easy to simply delete them and use w:c:vsbattles links. However that would mean possibly thousands of pages would have to be fixed as a result, so I see it as an easier task to simply fix the Power and Abilities pages, what I'm requesting is that images be added and the broken links caused by direct ripping from VS be removed and replaced with characters who either have pages on JBW or would be eligible for pages on JBW.

Character Profile pages which you come across that are fine with the exception of page formatting issues should be fixed

Page Revision Request​

Our Tiering System, Attack Capability Scale, Speed Scale, Lifting Strength Scale, Striking Strength Scale, Durability Scale, and Intelligence pages are all incredibly outdated and should be updated to similar quality of their VSBW counterparts. I would request a draft be made in your user sandbox as the pages are locked, then share you draft with myself or another active staff member who will be able to update the page accordingly. Please do not simply Copy and Paste the source code directly from VSBW and call it good, because that would result in broken links and missing image files (If it was this easy I would have done it already lol)

Bad Page Reporting​

If you see a page that doesn't fit our rules, report it for evaluation. Pretty simple really :)

I am currently confused, do we give all powers and abilities in the {{Discussion}} template or no?

I'm not sure quite what you are referring to but if it makes the pages closer to the VSBW equivalents I would say so yes.

There is a template called Discussions, it looks currently like this: (in source code, it's called {{Discussions}})

c4fbacd8c782b637c9af80a249e09248.png

There are some with it, and some without it. So I am asking if we should apply this template to all powers and abilities or not. But I will take it as yes, alright.

Oh I see, I don't think we will need those on the JBW pages. But thank you for asking

Alright, I will be removing them all from those pages. Thanks for the answer.

Im still kinda getting the hang of doing pages as a whole I won't mind helping if I can get some tips on how help clean up pages or revert pages as a whole

I did almost most all basic stuff. I still need to do “examples” since most of them are outdated.

There are links to powers that don't exist do you want me to create the power or just remove the red link?
Creating a new page would be preferable, if too much effort change it to a w:c:vsbattles link

Haven't been able to get much done myself lately, sorry

@Ryukama @Copetan @Professor_Voodoo @TISSG7Redgrave @Megamangohan @Rodri_"Dante" @Seol404 @Super_Saiyan_God_Julian @Jaften @Moritzva @Rendynoc0unter
I have a pending request on Joke Battles that I would appreciate it if someone handled for me:
Recently, the new prefixes "Ronna-" and "Quetta-" have been added to scientific notation as the ones immediately following the "Yotta-" prefix. However, most battleboarding sites use the fan-made prefixes "Nina-" and "Tena-" for our values, which the main VS Battles Wiki has recently replaced with the new, official ones. I would like to have this wiki replace them too, so I request that you edit the following two pages as specified, which were the only two I found to contain these prefixes:

Seol, you need to start locking accepted pages according to your own evaluation.

Seol, you need to start locking accepted pages according to your own evaluation.
Which ones? I only lock important pages or seal of approval pages but if there's ones that should be locked but aren't please let me know which ones.

I do apologize in advance for not being able to keep up with the wiki as of late.

Which ones? I only lock important pages or seal of approval pages but if there's ones that should be locked but aren't please let me know which ones.
I am thinking of locking abilities that are accepted in your opinion, so we can deal with the unacceptable ones.

I find it challenging to go through all of them. When I finish my work and return the next day, I often can't recall where I left off, so I have to redo it.
I do apologize in advance for not being able to keep up with the wiki as of late.
No worries.

I am thinking of locking abilities that are accepted in your opinion, so we can deal with the unacceptable ones.

I find it challenging to go through all of them. When I finish my work and return the next day, I often can't recall where I left off, so I have to redo it.

No worries.
I will get around to locking them when I have the time, thank you for reminding me.

Yes, our formats should ideally be up to date with the standards of VS Battles Wiki

How do I perform a mass edit?

I'll give it a look over when I have enough free time, been very busy lately so I apologize if my work has been slow.

I'm sorry, but I am still unable to get around to it

Progress?
Okay, so seeing as I am not going to be able to get around to much on the wiki in the foreseeable future, would you be willing to accept a position as a moderator? Willing to trust you with it since you've got the roles on VSBW.

Okay, so seeing as I am not going to be able to get around to much on the wiki in the foreseeable future, would you be willing to accept a position as a moderator? Willing to trust you with it since you've got the roles on VSBW.
Sure.

Back