• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Powerscaling You've Ever Done?

How awfully did you guys scale characters before actually learning powerscaling? Back in my teenage days, I had Spyro at High 3-A (and couldn't fathom anything beyond High 3-A), via a single statement in the TLoS series about purple dragons having limitless power or something like that, and Dark Spyro having, like... Crackles of energy around him, reminding me of Super Saiyan 2 and 3 (of course this was also back when I thought Dragon Ball was the peak of fictional power).

Last edited:
I used to scale Rimuru to boundless unironically since I abused the actual word of “boundless” in tiering system as well as scaling any omnipotent “statement” from slime to boundless automatically.

Ya, I was toooo bad

I used to scale Rimuru to boundless unironically since I abused the actual word of “boundless” in tiering system as well as scaling any omnipotent “statement” from slime to boundless automatically.

Ya, I was toooo bad
Ha ha Good old times.
schitts-creek-me-too.gif

KH is wack.

You have a ton of original anime characters and they're slapped into a Disney multiverse, chaos ensues.

Uuughh. Okay. But like... When I was younger, I thought Digimon were like... Building lvl at best, except for Megas like WarGreymon who I figured were like... City Lvl. In my defense, all I had to go on was like.. The OG Adventure Anime. The highest I could ever fathom Digimon being was Planet Level because Apoclymon was going to destroy the digital world and the real world, which at the time I thought were just planets in different universes.

I also thought DBZ was peak fictional power... BUT ALSO THOUGHT PLANET LVL WAS THEIR LIMIT.. I'm sure there's more I could think of. Definitely used to think Kratos was like... Captain America lvl for a WHILE...

Edit:
Also on the note of Digimon, there was some wiki or the other that described, I think it was Imperialdramon's, attack in a way that also made me scale Digimon poorly, or led me think Digimon were weaker in the real world than in the Digital World
It was something like "This attack can rip apart time and space but in the real world, it's just a normal laser blast"

Last edited:
*I used to think Sonic's top speed was the SoL and with only certain techniques or power-ups (e.g super form).

*I used to believe no fictional character (that wasn't a meme or fan fiction) was stronger than TOAA from Marvel comics.

*I initially believed Guts Vs Nightmare (Death Battle) was accurate and made sense. In my defence as much as I loved SC2 I paid zero attention to the lore and was more interested in the music, gameplay and other "asset" plus I fell into the "well-written badass character" trap with Guts without actually realising, it has zero bearing on how strong he is and which opponents he can/cannot beat in Vs debates.

I used to think Akuma beat Goku because I always believed at the time he’s always invincible with the Raging Demon

How awfully did you guys scale characters before actually learning powerscaling? Back in my teenage days, I had Spyro at High 3-A (and couldn't fathom anything beyond High 3-A), via a single statement in the TLoS series about purple dragons having limitless power or something like that, and Dark Spyro having, like... Crackles of energy around him, reminding me of Super Saiyan 2 and 3 (of course this was also back when I thought Dragon Ball was the peak of fictional power).
omnipotent alien x

Uuughh. Okay. But like... When I was younger, I thought Digimon were like... Building lvl at best, except for Megas like WarGreymon who I figured were like... City Lvl. In my defense, all I had to go on was like.. The OG Adventure Anime. The highest I could ever fathom Digimon being was Planet Level because Apoclymon was going to destroy the digital world and the real world, which at the time I thought were just planets in different universes.

I also thought DBZ was peak fictional power... BUT ALSO THOUGHT PLANET LVL WAS THEIR LIMIT.. I'm sure there's more I could think of. Definitely used to think Kratos was like... Captain America lvl for a WHILE...

Edit:
Also on the note of Digimon, there was some wiki or the other that described, I think it was Imperialdramon's, attack in a way that also made me scale Digimon poorly, or led me think Digimon were weaker in the real world than in the Digital World
It was something like "This attack can rip apart time and space but in the real world, it's just a normal laser blast"
Well, the justification for their tier seems legit. Or it's the biggest wank on the wiki

I scaled (and wanked) Godzilla in weird ways. I thought his beam is blue so it's as hot as the inside of a blue star since both are blue and that him resisting it reflected at him 1000x would make it like a resistance to 150 mil C or sth like that and that his red beam would be even hotter since it one-shot SpaceG who tanked the blue beam.

I also scaled attacks by eyeing them in their size, an example being me thinking Godzilla could survive a genkidama since it was like a few hundred meters big.

I never watched even a bit of DBZ before that so i thought it was like country level.

Universal Doomguy (ages before Eternal dropped) because he gets stronger with every kill, and since he's been killing demons for millions of years he's clearly killed enough that he has universe-busting striking strength. I also thought his power absorption stuff included power mimicry, so I assumed he was massively hypersonic+ for having the abilities of a demon that looks like a bunch of lightning bolts when it's dashing.

Outerversal Touhou, based on a series of loosely connected statements that make no sense (like the Butterfly Dream being high 1-B 🗿) and contradict other bits of information in the verse. Thank god I never actually got around to trying to push that garbage on here, though.

Oh yeah, I also used to composite everything, the concept of an alternate canon didn't exist to me, so you ended up with stuff like Smash Bros being canon.

I have never done bad scaling

the closest thing to it though, is probably when I made a high 3-A battle cats profile because of 4D energy source

7-B jjba because i saw someone claim once that a human fist moving at the speed of light would impact with force comparable to an atomic bomb or something
now i have actual reasons

Scale Persona 3 Nyx Above Philemon and Nyarlathotep

... In all seriousness though, I, can't actually think of anything, terribly egregious, per say.

I used to think everyone in Tokyo Ghoul were extremely slow (at least, compared to many other series), even Subsonic at most, because they often fought CCG investigators who are average human, and they need Aratas for big boosts in power and speed.

Had namek ssj goku at 4-B because since he could easily destroy a planet scaling to frieza. This means if he pushed his power far enough he could destroy the others. At that time i forgot how big a star was.

Had namek ssj goku at 4-B because since he could easily destroy a planet scaling to frieza. This means if he pushed his power far enough he could destroy the others. At that time i forgot how big a star was.
This may be the mildest one I've seen here so far. Good on you.

Back