• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You can now Level up!

You've suddenly gained the ability to level up in real life, what do you do?

The rules and mechanics:

-You will gain an UI you can open by only wishing to do so, which will show you all your current stats like HP, Stamina, equipment bonuses, armor and skills and even current buffs (like a well rested bonus) and debuffs (slept horribly), you can search for skills by thinking about them.
-You level up by doing random things to gain exp, much like in any game.
-Once you level up you will be given 1 Attribute point and 20 skill points.
-Each time you level, you will require more exp for the next time.
-Doing harder tasks gives you more exp

-Leveling starts of being almost unavoidable and gets progressively harder as you go higher.
-There is no level cap, nor any limit for investing points into attributes or skills, so you can level beyond human capebilities.

-In addition to leveling, you now also gain a dimensional storage much like a game inventory, you can be over-encumbered which can be seen by looking at your UI and seeing your current carrying weight.

-You can equip things in your inventory at will.

-None else but you can see this UI.

-You can check other people's stats and description by hinking about them and opening the UI, however the information displayed aside from Attributes, HP and Stamina, will depend on your own knowledge of the person, so you don't get to know things about people without intracting with them first and getting to know them. -HP will increase by 10 each time you level up and increase by 5 each time you level endurance, the average person stat for HP is 100.

-Stamina starts of at 100 and scales with END, 1 point in END is equals 10 extra stamina.

-Durability also scales with END, DT starts of at 10 on your average person, and increasesby 2 each point invested in END.

Attributes:

Strength: Governs your overall physical strength and ability to lift heavy things.

Dexterity: Decides how flexible, agile, precise and your overall control of your body.

Endurance: Decides your stamina, durability and physical fitness in general.

Intelligence: Governs your calculative skills, reasoning and memory.

Wisdom: Your ability to make good decisions, mental fortitude, insight and what not to do.

Charisma: How good you are at interacting with others via your personality and decides how good you are at persuading, gaining trust and lying.

Luck: Decides how often good things happen to you and to what magnitude.

Your average person stats would have this as base attributes:

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Endurance: 10

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 10

Charisma: 10

Luck: 10

For skills, it comes down to any skill in real life (Like martial art skills or how good you are at drawing or mathematics) investing these will automatically make you better at this skill, even if you have never done it before or even know what it is, if you learn to do it via normal effort outside leveling, the skill will go up by itself, without the need to use points.

The average score for skills are 100.

This took a while took a little longer to make than what I expected, but eh.

So, assuming this goes beyond humanly possible, I wod divide how I spend atribute points every ten levels. (I also assume that training will raise my atributes by some, just much slower)

Every ten levels, I would put 4 into INT, 1 into charisma and endurance, 2 into dexterity and keep the rest. Inteligence is somewhat self explainatory, it's the real world so good charisma can be OP as all hell, and endurance is so that I can train in a more prolonged manner and to be able to live a longer life. Dexterity because I like to be a fast boi, and I like having great controll even more.

Skills I'd increase tough... Depends how much it can be abused. Could I increase stuff like recovery rate, metabolism and etc.? If just normal, vanilla skills then likely 5 into drawing, 10 into programming, and keep 5 for whatever I might need later.

To be perfectly honest, depending how hard it is to level up, I might just invest the remaining five into drawing as well, become the litirally best at drawing stuff, and then proceed to make webcomics, because the amount of money one can get through patreon like that is ridicolous.

Yeah it goes on limitlessly, so beyond what is normally humanly possible.

And skills is restricted to things you can learn and perform yourself, things like recovery rate goes up naturally as you level attributes like endurance, and mental recovery goes up faster with wisdom, etc.

and yes as I said, by training things can still naturally go up, however doing so will only increase it at normal speeds.

For leveling speed, It starts of very easily (to the point where it practically unavoidable) and then becomes progressively harder as it goes on.

Yeah, I imagined. I was just wondering how that is interpreted. For exemple, if I level up drawing over and over, there is a point where art can only be so realistic. Or if a musician would get empathic manip levels of music.

Yeah, I imagined.

But, say you reach peak human performance and you keep training, does it still go up?

Yeah, I imagined this too, was just wondering howany levels I could get realistically, since stats kinda depend on that.

Like, if I could reach level 200 in a decade I might as well spend all my points in inteligence and biology and make a cure fore cancer.

Yeah no limits, you can easily go up to superhuman levels, like having 50 in strength as an example, makes 5 times stronger than a normal human and you could basically end up killing gorrilas with 1 punch if enough is invested.

HP is also pretty broken in the sense that, the more HP you have, the more you can take, in other words, if a normal person has 100 hp, by leveling endurance, you can be basically bullet proof and have so much hp that even things that does damage you isn't evenclose enough. having high dexterity makes you able to survive virtually any fall what so ever.

I gues I should add a few details.

I mean, peak humans are more than x7 stronger than an average human, but I've got it.

But if endurance rapresents how healthy your body gets, would that not allow for people to become nearly ageless?

And if we go for superhuman knowledge here, would I keep my power if I put my mind in a computer?

Yeah, it's a existensial type power, in other words, you just need to be concious to use it, wheter that is through a machine or not does not matter.

And yes END is kinda broken in that sense, as you can stay at your peak virtually forever if invested enough, by having enough in END you would be able to easily double your lifespan by having twice the amount of a normal human, in other words 20 END = twice the average human lifespan, however I guess INT would allow you to make nanomachines that does it for you anyway.

The thing about having a power like this is that it extends far beyond what a normal human could do.

Yeah. Remember the points Ivjust decided to keep? They go in END.

Assuming over a few decades I get to level 100 and I for some reason don't train myself to increase endurance. I would still get nearly three centuries more for lifespan.

To be honest, I might as well dump all my points into it, and jist train everything else normally.

Back