• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An inactive bureaucrat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Lots of additions before I had the chance to update my last post.

Anyway, I am fine with a "former bureaucrats" section at the bottom of the staff page, and possibly a "former admins" as well, but Lord Kavpeny will have to okay it.

Galaxian Pyron is the founder of VSBattles wiki, but he hasn't been active in the past four years for reasons unknown.

He is the founder of the wiki. He hasn't edited here since 2011, I think.

It was made by Galaxian Pyron. We don't know if he was from Moviecodec. Please stick to the topic. Thank you.

Antvasima said:
It was made by Galaxian Pyron. We don't know if he was from Moviecodec. Please stick to the topic. Thank you.
I've seen the thread, he is from Moviecodec.

Sorry about not sticking to the topic, just saying.

Darkness552 said:
i say make a retired admin section on vs battles wki staff page
This seems like the best plan of action to me, Antvas. Don't completely fail to mention what Polar-Kun's contributed in the past, but also recognize that he's no longer suitable to fulfill duties as an administrator.

Though, I must ask... what plans, if any, do you have regarding the now-vacant admin seat he once filled?

ThePerpetual said:
Darkness552 said:
i say make a retired admin section on vs battles wki staff page
This seems like the best plan of action to me, Antvas. Don't completely fail to mention what Polar-Kun's contributed in the past, but also recognize that he's no longer suitable to fulfill duties as an administrator.
Though, I must ask... what plans, if any, do you have regarding the now-vacant admin seat he once filled?
Yeah, I'm with this too... take away that privilege or demote him to a moderator maybe? Whatever is best for a lasting admin that rarely goes on now.

I think you are SEVERELY over reacting, one or two bad admins arent going to ruin the wiki and tear it down. Ive dealt with this type of deal before, if he makes bad edites, roll them back and take away his adminship, i mean really? you are exaggerating y a FAR margin.

No one said that Polar was gonna lose his Admin rights. He's simply gonna lose his Bureaucrat rights because we are worried that his complete disconnection from the VS Battles wiki leaves his judgement to appoint Admin candidates significantly impaired. Should he accidentally appoint completely unsuitable people as administrators, and then leave again, it could create complete chaos, destroy the VS Battles wiki as it is, and dissolve everything that we have worked so hard to build up.

@Uncle Paul I am already extremely overtaxed enough as it is. Admins are there to help lighten my burden. I cannot reasonably be expected to constantly monitor and edit war with completely unsuitable ones as well. And neither can Lord Kavpeny.

In addition, as I said, it is also about that he has done extremely little to earn his position, and keeping around bureaucrats who haven't done their job at all seems like a bad idea.

@ThePerpetual Given that there are almost 1 million visits a month now, and the Marvel wiki, which is similarly active, has lots of admins to help lighten the work burden, I would technically be fine with 10 different admins helping each other out, as long as they were alldedicated towards unbiased accuracy, moderated important discussions, and upheld the rules of the wiki. An admin cap isn't the problem. The problem is that we have to find people that we know for a fact are willing and dedicated to do the work.

Well, that is very off-topic. We can't remotely decide something that important in this thread.

Also, just because some people have contributed a lot does not remotely automatically make them reliable, levelheaded, and unbiased, or suited for the type of admin work that I explained earlier.

@Antvasima: "Retired" section can be implemented. As soon as all wiki features are re-enabled, The "Admin" tag next to his user handle can also be revamped to "Former Bureaucrat".

@Uncle Paul: Your disagreement, for your own sound reasons, based upon your personal inferences, is noted.

But I assure you, the result of misuse of Adminship cannot be mitigated by simply "rolling back a few pages". Not even remotely. If you seriously think that, then with due respect to your experience, you have no idea how much power an Admin actually has.

@thread: Polar-ku is the most senior staff member of VS Battles wiki. He will not be removed from Admin position, given his past record. Currently however, he is deemed (IMO, and by most of you) unsuitable to appoint any further administrators, given his detachment from the wiki. As such, the current discussion is regarding his removal of bureaucrat status only.

As for promotions, there will be none for the time being. But I assure all members that VS Battles wiki does need each and every person's help. To any members hopeful for a Staff position, I will soon post a thread regarding ongoing VS Battles wiki projects. Helping out with said projects significantly, in addition to being polite and respectful to community members, will result in a promotion.

Also, there will be no further discussion of promotions on this thread. As mentioned by Antvasima in the OP, this thread is important, so please avoid derailing the topic.

The point still stands though. You only visit every few months, and don't actually help out with any administrative work, whereas I have spent thousands of hours maintaining and cleaning up this wiki for the same position.

That said, due to near complete burnout from spending 8-10 hours a day managing the wiki, I am planning to leave the wiki in Lord Kavpeny's hands soon. He is easily the best qualified member for the job.

I don't think there is too much need for administrative work since there are more admins than before, and also you can appoint as many admins as you like. Back when 2013-14, there are only two or three admins and also only a few pages, so we need to check and work for everyday. But now there is more than 4k pages and enough admins to do the job (also popular pages can be locked for new users). Also many registered users won't like their created pages changed or edited against their will. That is why I am just mainly acting as an observer since I don't really want to argue. If I were to be actively contributing, then some character pages and calcs could be debunked or changed, and some contributors might not like this happening.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Also while the chances of this happening is almost non-existent I do wonder what would happen if Polar suddenly comes back today or tomorrow...
OK I called it (^_^)....

I prefer to discuss this matter in public, right under this page. Because I am observing peacefully all this time, letting you guys do whatever you want. And now you are trying to interrupt the peace by demoting me, eh???

You can appoint any admins and even bureaucrats as you like to maintain the wiki. But trying to demote a bureaucrat means you want to monopolize the "Bureaucrat Status", right?

As it turned out like this, then I cannot keep a closed eye to this matter anymore. I am appointing a suitable and experienced bureaucrats soon. So please vouch for the one you want to become a new bureaucrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back