• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
1 (-). "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" - 12,057,628

2 (1). "One Piece" - 10,134,232 (8,113,317 in 2018)

3 (6). "Kingdom" - 7,661,361 (4,970,171)

4 (8). "The Promised Neverland" - 7,454,745 (4,246,955)

5 (-). "The Quintessential Quintuplets" - 5,895,000

6 (2). "My Hero Academia" - 5,047,574 (6,718,185)

7 (3). "Attack on Titan" - 4,704,234 (5,235,963)

8 (5). "Haikyu!!" - 4,514,838 (5,030,624)

9 (-). "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War" - 4,096,492

10 (9). "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" manga edition - 3,414,482 (3,460,066)

The fact One Piece isn't #1 makes me really sad. While I have trouble with the list because of the names used here forced to google most of them to even know what they are, the list looks ok-ish and consistent with the previous years.

Hey, at least their sales are on the millions, American comic books can only dream to sell that well.

Hahaha slime on the top 10 again, the first and only isekai manga ever got top 10 each year.

Despite how popular Kingdom is, we don't seem to have many supporters of the verse.

Maybe it's because it's not anywhere near as popular outside of Japan?

But One Piece is similarly not as popular in the west as Japan.

GLHF22 said:
Hahaha slime on the top 10 again, the first and only isekai manga ever got top 10 each year.
You got that wrong. Not the "only isekai manga ever to reach top 10 of a year", but rather the "only manga adaptation of a Light Novel ever to reach top 10 of a year". That's a much greater achievement.

I personally think Death Note is by far the best written manga ever published by the Shounen Jump, but I can see why you like One Piece better.

ChocomilkAlex said:
No bias here, One Piece is the most well written Shonen of all time. Death Note is in a close second.
Hunter x Hunter is better written imo. Along with shonen like Ashita no Joe and Yu Yu Hakusho but thats just me

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
amongst these other shounen.
Actually, Kaguya-sama and TenSura are the only non-shounen rated manga on this list, and they are 9 and 10 respectively LOL.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Oh, what genre is it?
What do you mean by what genre? Both Kaguya-sama and TenSure are rated seinen, unlike everything else, which are rated shounen. Genre has nothing to do here, given the Top 8, despite all being rated shounen, are of many different genres.

What do you mean by what genre? Both Kaguya-sama and TenSure are rated seinen, unlike everything else, which are rated shounen. Genre has nothing to do here, given the Top 8, despite all being rated shounen, are of many different genres.

Technically TenSura is shounen since it's released in Monthly Shounen Sirius, but since it's just an adaptation and seems appeal to, and I quote, "geezers", I don't think the official demographic has much meaning.

Kingdom on the other hand is an actual seinen that's released in a seinen magazine. Kaguya is also seinen, as you already mentioned.

NeoSuperior said:
Technically TenSura is shounen since it's released in Monthly Shounen Sirius

Kingdom on the other hand is an actual seinen that's released in a seinen magazine.
Oh, I totally mixed up those then, I remembered reading Kingdom was the one on the Shounen Sirius XD. My bad then.

Back