• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd part of LN vol.16 prologue

(First of all, I'm so confused with this term þò░þòî, so I will translate it as foreign world hereon)

In this way, a new relationship was built over time.

Feldway and Zelanus did not get along well, but they recognized each other's usefulness in dealing with the Cryptid clan.

It was for this reason that there was a tacit understanding that they would not interfere with each other, and a cooperative relationship was formed.

But that relationship was destroyed due to the disappearance of Veldanava.

At first, they thought he would come back soon.

But even after centuries, Veldanava showed no sign of reviving.

Feldway was in doubt.

Then he suddenly thought.

Veldanava might have abandoned them.

Otherwise, there is no other explanation for the fact that a "True Dragon," which should have been immortal, is not resurrecting.

And if that assumption is correctÒâ╝

Feldway lamented and in hatred.

Towards the people on earth.

No, not just humans.

Even elves, dwarves, beasts, and magic-born. He hated the race called DemihumanÔöÇÔöÇIn other words, he hated mankind (human race or whatever).

So he thought of destroying it.

It was not worth it to make those who had taken away Veldanava live.

Unify the world that Veldanava created with my own hands, and condemn those who commit great sinsÔöÇÔöÇFeldway concluded.

He would dye with his color the world that God Veldanava loved so much... To destroy that diversity and to make it a world under his control.

『God, Veldanava! If you punish me, then do it. That's what I desire. Come now, if you don't hurry, the world will disappear!』

Feldway began to act as if he were testing God.

It was the birth of the "monster tribes (Ú¡öµùÅ)," the enemy of mankind.

(TL: now this might be confusing, it is not the clan of Diablo, etc. I don't know the exact translation but yeah it's different. For example ogres, slimes? lizardmen, etc,etc.)

Feldway first called out to Zelanus.

Let us cooperate to destroy the Cryptid clan and use that momentum to invade the earth, he said to him.

However...

『Don't make me laugh. There's only one being in the world who can command me. Now that He is dead, I will do as I please』

Turning a deaf ear to him, Zelanus bluntly turned him down.

Feldway was furious to hear this.

Not because he was refused.

Feldway could not put up with the attitude of Zelanus as if to say that Veldanava had perished.

『Then I'll get rid of you first!』

He turned his anger toward the Insector clan.

Had Feldway and Zelanus been joining hands at this time, the Cryptid clan might have perished along with the immortal Destruction Dragon (TL: I changed the World-destroying dragon to this) Ivalaje. But it became an unfulfilled dream.

The Phantom clan and the Insector clan had begun to fight, and a real era of war had arrived.

Years went by.

The situation remained a stalemate.

As long as Veldanava was not resurrected, they could not return to their original world from the foreign world. They hastened to seize the "gate," but the demons always got in the way.

The black king Noir, who loved war beyond all else, was the most dreadful of them all. He despised the Phantom clan as a monster tribe and looked down on them as one who disobeyed Veldanava's will.

From Feldway's point of view, he was bad news. Noir, the black king, seemed to be nothing but a fool who would hinder the resurrection of Veldanava.

However, it was impossible to destroy him. Even in the physical world, the primordials are powerful, but in the foreign world and underworld, their power is limitless.

Given the strength of their will, they seemed to be invincible in the spiritual and semi-material worlds in which they could restore their influence.

The same is true for Feldway. That was why, though it was shameful, the right answer was to ignore him since even if they fought, it would not conclude.

With that being said, the return to the world of Veldanava was extremely difficult.

Even if a slit in space and time had opened in the foreign world, there was only another world ahead. They tried to invade there too, but it was nothing but for killing time.

Feldway got only frustrated by the lack of results.

That was when the opportunity came.

《Òâ╝Can you hear me, Feldway?》

A mysterious voice spoke directly to Feldway's mind.

ÒÇîWho are you?ÒÇì

He asked, and the voice replied, coldly.

《I intend to dwell in power (TL: as in authority). Since I am not free yet, I call myself "Rudra." I surmise that you and I have the same objective, thus I spoke to you 》

RudraÔöÇÔöÇthe name was familiar

He was a close friend and a disciple of Veldanava.

And, he was famous as the "First Hero."

He did not know what "dwell in authority" meant, but what his concern was was the objective of this person who called himself "Rudra."

(If this objective of his is worthless, then I will trace this voice and destroy its existence)

With

With that in mind, Feldway continued the conversation.

《My objective is the resurrection of my Creator, Veldanava-sama. Nothing else.》

What did you say? Said Feldway, with glow in his eyes.

There was a hint of sincerity in his words. Besides, his objective was certainly of interest to Feldway.

He didn't care about his identity. Feldway then talked to this voice to heart's content.

The identity of this voice turned out to be the Ultimate Skill "Justice King Mikael" created by Veldanava.

Feldway never doubted "Justice King Mikael" for the Ultimate Skill knew all that he and Veldanava only knew.

Feldway promised to cooperate with the Justice King Mikael, and told him:

『Very well, you and I are comrades from today. In that case, it will be inconvenient for you to have no name』

《That's ridiculous. Giving me a name isÒâ╝》 (TL: sorry I suck at translating incomplete sentences)

Interrupting the robotic reply, Feldway declared:

『You are not Rudra, right? I will call you Mikael 』

It was just a light-hearted statement.

But the change was drastic.

The Justice King Mikael, who had not been fully aware of his role as Manas, began to sprout firm purpose.

《I guess I should be thanking you. Feldway, I do not approve of you as my true master, but, when I regained all my powers from Rudra, my tentative master, I will entrust you with some of my powers》

InterestingÔöÇÔöÇ answered Feldway.

However, instead of shaking his head vertically, he offered an alternative plan.

『No, it's better if you're the master. My body cannot move from here unless I do something about Zelanus. I detest Zelanus, and he doesn't trust me similarly. You should negotiate and persuade Zelanus』

That was what he thought with no falsehood.

Feldway was happy.

There was one who, like himself, did not believe in the destruction of Veldanava. And there was no reason for him to refuse to cooperate if he made moves towards the resurrection of Veldanava.

Who is in the upper and lower positions is no more than just a trivial matter.

Besides, there was a feud between Feldway and Zelanus. Since Feldway would never forgive Zelanus, entrusting the persuasion to Mikael had a better chance of success.

Mikael could prevail upon Zelanus, murmured Feldway's intuition. Since Mikael had an atmosphere somehow reminiscent of Veldanava, Zelanus would lend his ear.

For that reason, Feldway decided to take a step back.

Feldway's judgment was right.

How did he do it? Mikael succeeded in persuading Zelanus. It seemed that they had signed a deal to recognize half the world as the territory of the insector clan, but such is a modest reward for Feldway.

If Veldanava would be resurrected, he would be content with that alone.

With this, a new relationship was built, and more than a thousand years went by...

The plan was going well.

Rudra, who ruled Mikael, was weakened by repeated reincarnation.

『How's your condition, Mikael-sama?』

《Of course, better than ever. More than that, as I have said many times, there is no need for a title of honor between you and me.》

『Fufufu, that is superimposed. It's just between you and me that you and I are equals. You have to always be careful so that we will not carelessly expose our secrets.』

It was a conversation after the reincarnation.

In that reincarnation, Mikael's powers were largely unrestricted. Feldway was happy to confirm that.

Once Rudra's influence was lost, Mikael can exercise his full power. That would mean he would have complete rule over the possessors of angel-type ultimate skills.

With Velgrynd at the lead, several nuisances would turn into submissive allies.

In that situation, even that formidable demon lordÔöÇÔöÇ

《I'm not as naive as Rudra. I will exercise all my powers, and I will not hesitate to destroy Guy Crimson. Let's settle this with him this time.》

Feldway agreed

Rudra was obsessed with competing with Guy, but as long as he was bound by the rules, he had no chance of winning from the beginning.

Rudra's powerÔöÇÔöÇif he had exercised Mikael perfectly, he would have defeated Guy more easily.

Despite that, Rudra did not make his moves.

The result was the current chaotic situation.

『If we overcome Rudra, the world will fall into our hands. Then all we have to do is wait for Veldanava-sama to come back.』

《Aye. That's why Feldway, I have a favor to ask you》

『What would it be?』

It was unusualÔöÇÔöÇFeldway was curious. It was the first time Mikael had asked him a favor.

《I want you to be my host》

It was an offer I once refused.

Although they played the role of master and servant, they were equal comrades. I don't want to seize the initiative here, Feldway thought.

Feldway pondered if he should refuse, but Mikael's explanation changed his mind.

《I, at last, took possession of Velgrynd's "parallel existence." This made it possible to immigrate Rudra's authority as is to you.》

This meant that Feldway would be able to exploit the power of Justice King Mikael while still using Rudra as a decoy.

No, it was more than that.

Because the "Castle Guard" of the Ultimate Skill, Justice King Mikael, had the characteristic of protecting only the master.

As loyalty to the master was a source of energy, affecting even the believers would go against the principle "nothing is absolute." Therefore, the target of "Castle Guard" was only the master.

Certainly, there was no such expediency that if a person did not have faith in the master, he or she would be included in the scope of the protection. That was why Rudra could only protect himself, but if Mikael became a "Parallel Existence" and resided in Feldway, he would be under the protection of the Castle Guard.

There was another advantage, looking ahead.

After Rudra disappeared, if Feldway became the master of Justice King Mikael, the Phantom clan, which had a population of more than 10,000, under his control would become the source of energy.

Unlike the subjects who believed in Rudra, they were complete followers without any will. As long as you did not worry that they would have a change of heart, you would never be betrayed.

There would be no instability, such as the situation changing due to the hearts of the subject being as one. This was as good a protection as Rudra's and the best Feldway could ask for.

There was no reason to decline Mikael's offer.

There was the option for Mikael to move into Feldway when Rudra disappeared, whether he wanted it or not. Feldway convinced himself that this just happened a little sooner.

『If that's the case, you don't have to ask me. I'll accept your proposal if you promise that we keep the same relationship 』

《Of course my friend》

『Then come, my friend』

In this way, Mikael, an information body (µâàÕá▒õ¢ô) known as "Manas" dwelled in Feldway. (TL: note: µâàÕá▒õ¢ô is like a kind of body? If Þéëõ¢ô is flesh and Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝õ¢ô is energy body then that is that… I hope you get it)

Finally, the day of the decisive battle came.

Rudra was barely able to maintain himself with his strong mental strength. Despite the situation, he set out for his last battle against Guy.

It was planned to eliminate the curtain-raiser, the demon lord Rimuru, and add Veldora, one of the true dragons, to their game pieces.

The plan went well.

Velgrynd was overwhelming, and there seemed to be no issue with the capture of Veldora.

It didn't matter to Feldway how much damage the Empire might do. Whether there would be awakened people who could be in the Royal Knights or not is a story that had nothing to do with Feldway.

What was important for them was to get rid of Rudra and free Mikael. As long as that happened, even Guy would no longer be a threat.

That was why Feldway decided to nip the last remaining worry in the bud.

For others, it would be insignificant information. However, it was something Feldway could not ignore.

The hero Masayuki looked exactly like Rudra. What was more worrisome was that he manifested Rudra's power, the "Heroic Ruler Chosen One."

In the worst case, Masayuki could be a spare for Rudra. To dispel that anxiety, Feldway began to act.

Without even considering that their plans would go wrong due to the demon lord Rimuru...

He can likely make more than 20 based on his writing habit (writing more) and his afterword in Volume 6

According to Discord, Vol 15 and 16 were also supposed to be a single volume but turned out to be like twice as long as he expected

Yeah I hated that in the WN but it's only how high your magicule capacity is in the LN. It's not to be confused with power level. Higher EP =/= Stronger

Having more EP doesn't mean you're stronger or Gelmud would be way stronger than the Oni's in Volume 2 due to how high his magicule capacity back then or Carrera being stronger than Diablo as of Volume 16 according to the current stat page and Carrera being comparable to Rimuru due to their EP being near to each other

from Rimuru's page, Magic: "Dragon Magic", "Greater Spirit Summon (Jōi seirei shōkan, iirc Joi can also mean Superior?)", "Greater Demon Summon", "Other / Etc."

Manas: Ciel

Intrinsic Skills: "Universl Sense", "True Dragon Haki", "Universal Shapeshift"

Skills: Void God Azathoth, "Soul Collapse" "Void/Nihility Collapse", "Imaginary Space", "True Dragon Release: Scorch Dragon", "True Dragon Release: Storm Dragon", "Spatio-Temporal Domination", "Multidimensional Barrier"

Harvest Lord Shub-Niggurath: Give/Receive Skills, Skill bank etc.

Resistances: Physical/Natural/Status/Mental attack Nullification, Holy-Demonic Resistance

Hype bois Azathoth is back.

VoTW is back and officially announced The 5th True Dragon, Rimuru Tempest, Ultimate Slime (Drago-Demonic Viscous Star Body) - Dragon Species

Unlike the previous unique level, the Ultimate Skill 'King of Heroes The True Hero,' although at minimum, offer protection to resist ultimates. For those who can resist them, they should have at least 100,000 ep, but those who do not will still be blessed with good luck. If they were followers of Masayuki, they would be put under his patronage (protection). A balance breaker. It was such an extraordinary power that one man on the battlefield could turn the tide of the war over.
Ok this is ridiculous

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Unlike the previous unique level, the Ultimate Skill 'King of Heroes The True Hero,' although at minimum, offer protection to resist ultimates. For those who can resist them, they should have at least 100,000 ep, but those who do not will still be blessed with good luck. If they were followers of Masayuki, they would be put under his patronage (protection). A balance breaker. It was such an extraordinary power that one man on the battlefield could turn the tide of the war over.
Ok this is ridiculous
so if you managed to resist masayuki new US then you would still be blessed with good luck?

It gives protection and resistance to Ultimate Skills if the ally/companion has 100k EP

if you dont have more than 100k ep, then you can still become lucky but doesn't provide protection against Ultimate Skills

New info from vol 16: True dragon resurrection doesnt makes them lost their memories, its just makes them change personalities, velzard multiple Times Kill Veldora in order to educate Veldora's personality.

Guy with only Unique skill is able to fought Velzard in equal ground but cannot defeat her for good because of Ultimate skill shenagigans.

Guy, Feldway, Veldanava and many others fought Ivalaje and Veldanava decided to seal him instead of kill him.

Rudra is a lot stronger than Guy, and stated by Guy himself to be able to kill Guy if he want.

Also we got more in depth explanation regarding Ultimate skill and unique skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back