• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Episode 2 of the anime was once again a phenomenal adaptation with a lot of passion. MAPPA gets a lot of unnecessary hate for a variety of reasons, but one thing I don't think people can deny is how faithful they typically are with their adaptations (GoH is an outlier since they were only given a few episodes by Crunchyroll).

They cut out the minor scene with muscle devil, but added additional scenes with Makima and helped expand on everything else as well. I liked all of the voices, and the designs for Aki and Power are great.

Loved Denji vs Aki and the scenes of Denji just enjoying life.

Another 10/10 adaptation of the manga, don't see how that could be denied at this stage. If this keeps up, the anime is easily going to be one my of favorites.

Is there going to be a new ending for each episode?
Yes, they revealed this some time back. 12 episodes, 12 endings. The one I posted is ED 3

There has been a different ending in every episode so far. Each ending fits with the episode.

The first time I've ever seen an anime do such a thing. MAPPA is built different.

Yes, they revealed this some time back. 12 episodes, 12 endings. The one I posted is ED 3

There has been a different ending in every episode so far. Each ending fits with the episode.

The first time I've ever seen an anime do such a thing. MAPPA is built different.
Every single one is a banger

Also, what's up with Asa's uniform sword? Do we assume it has dura neg that turns anything that touches it's blade into ribbons?

Also, what's up with Asa's uniform sword? Do we assume it has dura neg that turns anything that touches it's blade into ribbons?
It's not durability negation, it's just incredibly powerful because the uniform it was made from was incredibly important to Asa, since her mom gave it to her before she died.

It's not durability negation, it's just incredibly powerful because the uniform it was made from was incredibly important to Asa, since her mom gave it to her before she died.
Yeah but one touch from the blade cut her into chunks somehow

I think it just like, inflicted damage automatically, it doesn't seem like holding it made Asa faster given she still got it knocked out of her hand no problem.

Also, I think Denji should get either a "Part 2" or "Post-Kishibe Training" key, whichever makes more sense. Aside from maybe the ability addition I mentioned, Denji did OHKO The Bat Devil in Part 2 whereas he'd fought it proper in Part 1, albeit he had the upper hand pretty apparently.

Fujimoto roleplays as his own imaginary little sister on Twitter for some reason and well that account just got banned because of the age (according to him [or should I say her?] she became 12 or 13 last year). Anyway he has been doing this for some years now dunno why, though.

Since the anime came out he has been tweeting as himself though from time to time (that's putting it lightly actually).

Back