• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

"Er ... no, although this is still a pleasant surprise," I reply, lifting the two cups of tea and handing one to Trixie.

He continues in abnormality, straining the essentials. Squatting, Benchpress, Deadlift, and a few others to cover other muscles.

Eventually he finishes, and sits in silence. This place is a little bit noisy, with constant shifting in the background and whatever else his now high senses can process.

"... It's so different now. All this technology... I wish there was still radio. I want to listen to something for awhile."

It's still the morning time eh?

Solomon decides to enter, and investigate the clattering

Secundus doesn't react much to the shifting. He then begins analyzing for ways to manipulate magicules to improve his own body.

"Yeah..."

Meretrix says as she picks the tea and drinks it

"By the way, did you know that the First Eye did those experiments? You know, making artificial humans?"

"Are you referring to Everet? We might even if I don't know what we could get out of that information ... or why you care about this thing"

"No, i am talking about Secundus, and just curiosity, and... i don't, i just don't like that the guy doesn't have free will like us"

"Well, if you want we can go talk to him," I say, finishing to drinking the tea and then putting the cup on the table.

Meretrix than finishes her Tea

"Ok, let's dissect this case and the machine-like guy."

Meretrix says as she goes towards the exist

Meretrix quickly finds Secundus due to feeling his mind, she approaches him

"Hey, Secundus, right? Mind if we talk to you a little?"

I walk into the gymnasium, following Everet.

"Hey Everet, can you tell me about the kinds of monsters that are in the other countries?"

Secundus doesn't react to her presence at all until she says something.

"What do you wish to know?" He asks in an entirely calm tone.

"I am knowledgeable on a large amount of information regarding the subject, however that is information I was ordered not to share."

"...Well, i guess that you can say that later. Anyway, let's change the subject, how was your first thoughts after you were created?"

"I was created with a large amount of information installed in my mind, as such, my first thoughts were analyzing this information and concluding what my objectives were."

@Faruel

"Well, maybe your authority would be recognizable by him, so give it a shot, i guess"

@Pheenie

"I mean, what were ou feelings? Did you not felt happiness or something like that?"

As with before, the weights are rather heavy for holding in one hand. This seems to be lessened over time, though. There's a slight pause after Abarim's comment, at which point a small, silvery device appears in his lap.

The clattering is coming from 6 people in the back of the kitchen wrapping what looks like clay blocks in form-fitting plastic. It appears that military rations, although much more nutritous and sustaining than those of older days, are just about the only food here.

Secundus rapidly runs through every book in the library, as well as the information contained within several terminals. Most of it is things he already knows, things that aren't really important, and outright useless things such as fantasy novels, although the terminals contain more detailed information on magicules and the research conducted on them. It also contains the procedures for creating, maintaining, and training various specialized security forces, which include the Nothings. They specifically undergo rigorous psychological and genentic reconditioning to be able to affect magicules in the first place, along with decades of training to get the technique to functional levels.

A few personel chuckle at the frilly military dolls.

There's a distinct pause from the Nothing. Sieg hears "Come again?"

Everet looks up from his crossword. "We don't know exactly, but what little contact we maintained with orbiting stations shows that whatever is out there is way beyond what we can handle. Britain is a barren rock incapable of supporting life, Jerusalem is just a hole that reaches deep into the earth's mantle, China appears to be on fire, and the list goes on, really. Sea levels have also risen by nearly a dozen meters as well, which was likely done by the creature that came through the Nexus on top of Iceland."

Abarim looks down with confusion at the device in his lap, before picking it up and trying to process this new machination.

"Secundus, as an affiliate and last member of the First Eye, the authority of your leaders goes directly to me, so I order you to tell Trixie everything you know about here experiments on artificial humans"

Hl3 or bust said:
There's a distinct pause from the Nothing. Sieg hears "Come again?"
"I am asking you what it feels like to be a "Nothing" or whatever they call people like you."

Sieg responds.

Looks like they don't have much besides military rations, at least they are good enough to keep people alive.

Solomon tries to get a closer look at one of the rations in order to analyze it and see what it is made of.

Back