• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

"Understood. As a member of the Everymen, your authority now exceeds that of the former First Eye, I will reveal all of the information I have. The First Eye had begun genetic engineering and breeding programs to create Everymen, these programs faced a number of issues until eventually culminating in my creation.

Model 1 died of SIDS

Models 2-4 were all carried to term, however both them and their mothers died

Model 5 lived to the age of 3 and died of a extremely fast-growing brain tumor that broke open its head

Model 6 lived to the age of 7 and disappeared

Models 7 and 8 were conjoined twins which eventually died due to Model 7 having a heart attack at age 14

Model 9 had no complications, but took its own life.

The projects existence was known in The First Eye, however the details behind it were not known to most. The reasons for the issues that killed them were never sufficiently understood before funding for the project was pulled and only a skeleton team remained to create me.

Due to the lack of funding, they ended up using their own organs to replace mine as they malfunctioned over time for whatever reason, and eventually they all lost their lives, but managed to stabilize me for long enough to be frozen." Secundus calmly explains before turning to Meretrix.

"I did not feel anything." He answers calmly.

So the previous model took his own life? That may explain why he doesn't have any type of emotions

"Geez, that is alot to process, and... quite dark. Even though those Artificial humans were not doing well, they still insisted in doing it, even after what happened to model 9...

And you didn't feel anything? Not even after they basically killed themselves to make sure that you could stay alive?"

"And that's why you never have to ask questions about the First Eye business, I thank heaven that my Constance was part of the research branch of the natural Everyman"

"These "feelings" were not among the information that was implanted into my brain when I was created. I am aware of the concept, but do not seem to possess them myself. As such, I did not feel anything."

@Faruel

"Well... everything has their dark side, i just didn't knew that they would go that far"

@Phoenix

"Well, that doesn't feel right. You look, you sound human, so you should feel emotions, the things that make us what we are"

I keep doing the lifting until it feels somewhat easy to lift both at the same time.

I wonder how everyone else is doing.

Abarim sees that it is an MP3 player. The bunker had the delve pretty deep for the schematics for this thing, as well as songs to put on it.

The Nothing appears to spend a moment thinking, before responding. "I don't believe it does."

Puppen finds little beyond some more armories, although these have less uniforms than the first one. Stranger runs past her as he exits a door that should by all rights lead in the opposite direction.

Solomon discerns that the ration is made of a sort of compressed nutrient jelly, similar to Jello. It contains enough nutrients sustain a human on its own and is very filling, but lacks any taste on its own.

Samson feels like this will take a rather long time.

@Morit

A woman stands over someone using a console in the same room as Sieg.

"What's the situation?" She asks.

"The pod is just being difficult. It should work now."

The final, 15th pod opens, releasing its cold, slightly stale air. Some slight pains wash over Jakovich, but he's overall in pristince condition. Better actually, as was expected.

His eyes opened.

A growl came from his throat as he shielded himself from the sudden, blinding light. He took one arm and pulled his suit around him tight, shivering and quivering. A pain shot through his critically underutilized, superhuman limbs as he forced himself to his feet, out of the pod.

A scowl of confusion crossed his face. "I..."

"Ow."

Pins and needles plagued his body, fatigue and uncomfort swirling inside as a headache wracked him. A grunt, as he reached for his cane, snatching it and using it as leverage to lean on for a moment as his eyes got use to the light.

His senses slowly returned to him. Aie aie, where was he again..? Oh right, something about... superhumans, and stuff. Something like that. Well, it seemed like a success, then! For a second, his mind wandered, enthralled with his superhuman awesomeness, until a sharp pain hit his head once more.

Regardless, a happy smile began to spread across his face. "Guess I won't be making that doctor's appointment, huh?"

"Biologically, my functions are not dissimilar to those of one like you, however my creators found it unnecessary for me to be given these things called emotions inherently, so I lack them. The capacity for them should exist within me, however there is no reason for them to come into existence." Secundus explains calmly.

Abarim remembers he's been asleep for the last 100 years, so technology has advances significantly

He goes through everything, prying through the heeps of music he doesn't recognize, then eventually finds something that catches his eye

It was the best 5 minutes and 22 seconds he spent in this new world.

"I guess in a world like this, taste is the last of everyone's concerns."

Solomon exits the cafeteria and continues walking around, looking for another room he hadn't been to.

A nutrient jelly that contains practically all the sustenance that a human would need, these communication devices, the Nothings, I wonder what other techniques or technology they possess at this base.

Suddenly I perceive the thoughts of a familiar voice.

"Oh, great ... he", I whisper irritably.

Immediately i teleport myself into the pod room, reappearing in front of him.

"Good morning, Jake," I greet the man with a sigh.

Eh, maybe not.

I let the weights down, as i have already grasped my potential strength. I step out of the gym and work my way through the large base, looking for any rooms yet unexplored.

and another yet rises.

Sieg mentally comments the awakening of the new Everyman.

"So, does your current state of being cause you any notable problems at all ?"

He asks one other question to the Nothing.

Crunkledunk walls into the chamber to see Jake and John. "Ah, of all the people that it could have been. Greetings Jake, do you have any questions or can you just deduce what is happening from context?"

"Holy-"

His heart skipped a quick beat as the two suddenly flashed in front of him. He almost stumbled back into the pod in sudden fright.

Jakovich gave out a friendly laugh as he walked forward, arms outstretched. "...ah, you two are going to give me a heart attack!"

"I could use a little refresher on the finer details, if you don't mind."

"If you want," I say, crossing my arms.

"We have been hibernating for over a hundred years, we are in a post-apocalyptic nuclear future, the human race is less than a million and radioactive mutants roam the whole planet"

"Oh, and my wife and daughter presumably died many years ago," I say in a clearly not happy tone.

"..."

"I see."

There wasn't really a joke he could make out of this one, huh? Well, that did seem pretty messed up, with the world being destroyed and all, but...

"If this world is ravaged beyond belief..."

A hopeful light ignited in his eyes. "Well, I presume it's our job to fix it?"

"Well... Improvement, would be the best way to put it."

He waved his fancy cane around in the air a bit, before holding it in two hands and presenting it. "Break it." It was just a normal cane, he should have no problem...

Well, looks like that he woke up to, neat

@Phoenix

"Well, they clearly had done that so that you couldn't disobey them, and... yeah, in a strategic way, it doesn't make sense, but still, it is cruel and unfair that you are unable to feel and react to the surroundings, and only doing so if there is an order for that.

Come on Secundus, it may be strange at first, but emotions won't hold you back, they will just make you better!"

I arch an eyebrow to then look at the cane and touch it with a finger.

In an instant it would be dismantled at the atomic level, becoming dust.

"These "feelings" were what caused my predecessor to end its own existence, I do not see how they would benefit me."

As he moved to dismantle it, it... resisted? At least for a moment - a moment long enoughf or Jakovich to pull it away. "I meant karate chop it, not vaporize it!"

The cane remained mostly intact, with some scuffs from molecular deconstruction. With a wave, he healed over them, repairing them away.

"I can improve things. That's what I do!"

"Do you want me to whack you with this cane to find out?" He threatened with a joking grin, preparing the guncane 'aggressively' and 'offensively'.

"Our best reports are from a cargo vessel that described something the size of the Burj Khalifa, made of inter-locking, rotating blades, and that seems to have blinked said ship out of existence once it got close enough."

Solomon fings a lounge, with several nice-looking chairs, some potted plants, a tank full of some slightly off-looking fish, and even a vending machine. A quick glance at the vending machine shows that all the food contained within is just flavored versions of the rations and is limited to 3 uses a day per staff.

Puppen hears someone complaining a few rooms away about how their uniform got turned into a doll, before someone tells them to deal with it and gives them another.

Samson enters a lounge, seeing Solomon entering through an opposite door.

"Not really, no. Normal creatures, both organic and made of magicules, can't percieve us in any real fashion, so anything that could harm us generally never gets the chance."

"There's no need for that!" The woman suddenly interjects, placing herself between Jakovich and Johnathan. She knew it wouldn't help if they actually decided to fight, but it was better than nothing.

Puppen's chuckles, she wonders off with her mini-army to see what the commotion between Jakovich and Johnathan is all about.

"Magnificent, your spirit of initiative is one of the few things I like about you," I say, then teleport me, Jake and Crunkledunk to the gym.

I walk a dozen steps away.

"Come on, shoot me with your little weapon ... and if you think it is danger, know that I first faced a mutant horse capable of manipulating water denser than the rock"

"Oh, hello there, fancy meeting you here." Solomon says to Samson

He goes over to look at the fish more closely

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of fish this thing is.

"It is complicated... truth to be told, everyone has their own feelings and emotions, and some of us, like Model 9, sometimes, can't handle something in their life and, unfortunate, they take their own life."

Meretrix says in a sad tone

"But listen, is not always like that. Life is worth living, trust me, you may find disappointments along the way, but everything good that life can proporcionate to you, the smiles, the people you met, the bad jokes and laughs, its all to good for you to be missing. Please, just give it a try Secundus"

She now says with a little more happines on her voice, but still kinda sad

"There's no need for-"

bzzzt

"...oh."

He turned to John and prepared to fire, and... "Wait, you fought what again?" That wasn't exactly a normal saturday activity, now was it?

"Apparently that was just the beginning, now ... show me if you have at least the skills to survive outside the bunker ... shoot, boy", I exclaim, spreading my arms.

He rose his rifle cane and aimed it, execution-style, at his friend. Hmph, he'd see it once it hit him. The magical molucules in the air gathered around his gun, and it fired, barrelling directly towards his solar plexus-

@Moritzva & Faruel

Puppen's and her 15-doll strong army just kinda wonder in and watch. Puppen's has a cheerful grin on her face.

"These things you describe are inherent to humans, however, as I am no human, merely a weapon, I have no need for them. They would interfere with my duty. I see no worth in taking risks for no gain." Secundus answers calmly.

I look at the shot coming towards me and raising an eyebrow, I stop it in midair with my telekinesis.

"Mh ... not bad, can you do anything else? For example shoot elemental bullets? Many here have elemental abilities"

Back