• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know that Charles Entertainment Cheese is his official name. Though yeah I was refrencing Russian Badger.
Yeah, i mostly know this because of him so I just thought of RB at first
I mean, even in the west Touhou is hanging in people's subconscious. And while Fleetway itself isn't popular in the east, Sonic as a whole certainly is.
I mostly know stuff about Touhou from the memes
There’s alotta mouse memes

Alright, after half of an hour I've filled it:
Death_Battle_new_franchise_tierlist.png

No. Just no. I rather watch ungodly Starco comics for 10 hours than see abominations of Disney Trilogy on screen. I litterally hate nothing more than Disney Trilogy. Also; Empire of Man would crush all of real Star Wars, let alone the ungodly abomination bootleg. A better matchup for Empire of Man is Doom, Transformers, Star Trek or even Star vs The Forces of Evil. LITTERALLY anything but Disney Trilogy. Star Butterfly would annhilate bootleg Empire in 2 seconds.

No. Just no. I rather watch ungodly Starco comics for 10 hours than see abominations of Disney Trilogy on screen. I litterally hate nothing more than Disney Trilogy. Also; Empire of Man would crush all of real Star Wars, let alone the ungodly abomination bootleg. A better matchup for Empire of Man is Doom, Transformers, Star Trek or even Star vs The Forces of Evil. LITTERALLY anything but Disney Trilogy. Star Butterfly would annhilate bootleg Empire in 2 seconds.
Doesn’t the empire have a better MU too? I think I remember someone say the Protoss or Covenant, but they would be better off fighting eachother

Except... Touhou Project seems obscure in the West and Fleetway Comics seems obscure in the East. And Kasen Ibaraki is just way behind the more known characters like Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame, Sakuya Izayoi, Cirno, Remilia Scarlet, Flandre Scarlet, Youmu Konpaku, Yuyuko Saigyouji, Yukari Yakumo, Keine Kamishirasawa, Reisen Udonge Inaba, Kaguya Houraisan, Eirin Yakogoro, Fujiwara no Mokou, Satori Komeiji, Koishi Komeiji, Rin Kaenbyou, Utsuho Reiuji...
I specifically mentioned this is an MU they'd never do, I just happen to really like it!

I'd argue Kasen is a bit more popular than many other characters, though, especially someone like Keine. She's had an entire manga series to herself and was playable in several fighting games. Some of these characters also don't really have any major Vs Battles to my knowledge. Despite Satori & Koishi being two of my favorite characters of all time, I've never heard of a Vs fight for them, I never see much for Kaguya, Reisen, Okuu, Eirin and such either, and I've never heard of Orin having one either.

Admittedly, Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Cirno, Flandre, Youmu, and Yukari all definitely have some options for battles too, and many of which would be more popular.

I just think Kasen v Fleetway is a really cool ass fight with some cool connections, really great fight potential, and some fun banter.

Salvaged a few thoughts from the most wanted matchups list I made (probably won't see the light of day):

Asura vs Atrocitus: Real talk, Asura may be the single most cheated character in all of Death Battle that never got an episode. The guy has been highly requested since day 1, against a veritable buffet of opponents, with feats that are equal parts awesome and ridiculous (aka when Death Battle is in it's element), and yet over a decade later, we have ... literally nothing with the guy (not even a DBX). His two most requested opponents fought each other instead of him, the infamous "i WoUlD aLmOsT RaThEr HaVe AsUrA vS MiGhT GuY", the fact that the actual given reason Asura wasn't used over Hulk or Broly was because he only has one game so it's hard to write an analysis (that didn't stop Shovel Knight, but whatever), the guy might be the single most overdue character in Death Battle history.

Just give him his Death Battle so he can finally go home.

Atrocitus is the opponent I'd take the least issue with. It's pretty thematic, you can have destruction on a cosmic scale without it feeling weird (an issue Kratos has), it save us from the absolute snorefest that is Atrocitus vs Red Hulk, what's not to love? It does suck that we'd essentially be waiting this long for Asura to be in Death Battle, only to have him lose, but I still think you could have Asura lose and present him as the badass he is. As for Asura's other opponents, Kratos is 100% fighting Dante when he comes back, I don't know enough about Phoenix Ikki to comment on it, and Angron (or any Warhammer 40K character for that matter) isn't happening as long as G&W's zero tolerance policy on fan animation is sticking around.

Ippo vs Mac: This is another one that sort of speaks for itself. It's a decently requested fight, it's actually close (albeit still pretty cleanly a Mac win), it's gives us two brand new universes, it's got a long legacy to it, make it happen! Not the most thematic fight in the world, I'll admit, it mostly just boils down to "small, determined underdog superhuman boxer", but when everything else is working in the matchups favour, I can overlook that to an extent.

The only potential sticking point would be the animation style. If this fight happens, please keep it 2D. 3D Mac vs Ippo is naturally going to invite comparisons to Balrog vs TJ, and that's a very steep hill to climb (that and the Dempsey Roll in 3D sounds ******* cursed, especially if it's the SFM team doing it). Throw in the Star Punch's and Smash moveset, and we could have some excellent choreography on our hands. More than possibly any other matchup on this list, I want the characters fighting style to be as accurate as possible, rather than just going through the power sets like a laundry list.

Though, as weird as it may sound, I don't want Giga Mac to be the killing blow. For a character who's supposed to be an underdog in all his fights, having him just steamroll Ippo with a super form just seems ... wrong, somehow (not to mention would essentially just be the ending of Balrog vs TJ all over again).

Imagine it: Mac uses Giga Mac, and this forces Ippo to dodge all of Mac's attacks to avoid having his skull caved in. Eventually, Mac lands a decent hit in, but by the time he does, the form subsides, and Mac is out of breath because he's essentially just been swatting at a fly full force while it flits about him the entire time he's had Giga Mac. Then the last 30 seconds is them fighting with pure force of will, having exhausted every option they've got, where Mac wins.

Shifu vs Splinter: Shifu vs Splinter, weird as it may sounds, almost feels like an inevitable matchup to me. Splinter is the only main recurring combative character from TMNT to not get an episode (barring mini-bosses like Leatherhead), and Shifu is likely our next Kung Fu Panda rep if we're to get one. The matchup is more likely than I feel people are giving it credit for.

The difference in size could make for some unique, interesting, fast-paced choreography, especially if you throw in some references to the Shifu vs Po training match from Kung Fu Panda 1. Sprinkle in some words of wisdom, have them break each others staff's to transition to a hand to hand fight, have Splinter and Shifu break out their sword and chi abilities, this could be a fun, fast-paced fight like Shredder vs Silver Samurai or Po vs Iron Fist.

I initially though that most incarnations of Splinter would fold Shifu like a paper pretzel, but if Shifu can scale at least somewhat to Po, he might just pull a win out. I genuinely don’t know who wins, and that’s a reason I want it. Mentor battles are pretty consistently great on Death Battle (All Might/Might Guy, Obi-Wan/Kakashi, Yoda/Mickey, etc.), it brings another animated movie character to the mix, it rounds out the main TMNT cast, just so much YES with this matchup.

682 vs Doomsday: Give it some pseudo-horror undertones like with Carnage vs Lucy, have them tear each other apart only to regenerate in a matter of seconds, have civilians hopelessly try to get away only to die anyway. Make it take place in the SCP containment facility, the clean and sterile environment contrasting the bloody, bestial destruction perfectly. I'm a bit iffy on the idea of other SCP's being in the animation (it could come off as a bit distracting from the main fight, especially for people unfamiliar with SCP), but I think it could be pulled off.

Don't get me wrong, I don't EXPECT this to happen as an actual episode. While it's a decently requested fight, I don't think the crew are super compelled to bring Doomsday back, and researching SCP sounds like an absolute nightmare, much less presenting it in a way a casual viewer would easily comprehend. Death Battle has presented complicated franchises before (hello, Kingdom Hearts), but the difference between them and SCP is that they, at least, have an established main canon, a luxury SCP doesn't have by virtue of being a constantly ongoing community-created project (an online one at that). Not to mention that it's inevitably going to be compared to the standard set by Hulk vs Doomsday (at least animation wise), and that is a tall hurdle to clear.

Could make for one hell of a DBX, though...

There are hundreds of verses you missed, but you see potential of A hat in time, Earthbound and Rayman which is why you get my respect.
I largely used the ones I have interest in or care about particularly. There's a lot of media I haven't consumed or otherwise aren't familiar with. A few on there I DID know like Fossil Fighters but couldn't even begin to use in a Versus sense.

I completely forgot to add Terraria though whoops, that'd be in the 4th tier

I largely used the ones I have interest in or care about particularly. There's a lot of media I haven't consumed or otherwise aren't familiar with. A few on there I DID know like Fossil Fighters but couldn't even begin to use in a Versus sense.

I completely forgot to add Terraria though whoops, that'd be in the 4th tier
Kind of agree, looking on my list it is full of franchises I'm not knowledgeable of.

You know talking with some friends in a server
I feel Death Battle needs to have moments where the winner genuinely regrets killing the loser
Like damn sorry this has to be this way
Death Battle should really expand and improve on the reasons why they're fighting, the banter between the two combatants , and bring back post fight scenes. Cutting too much corners in my opinion. I said it before, Death Battle is the closest thing to an "official" crossover for a lot of verses, they should expand on the set-up on the fight.

Death Battle should really expand and improve on the reasons why they're fighting, the banter between the two combatants , and bring back post fight scenes. Cutting too much corners in my opinion. I said it before, Death Battle is the closest thing to an "official" crossover for a lot of verses, they should expand on the set-up on the fight.
well i guess we have to see how the new writers and directors going to do this season
i feel there's certain fights where you can have one of the winners be sadden over killing somebody who isn't an asshole

like the only Mu that could induce something like that so far this is Jonathan vs Tanjiro this season

Thor would possibly give Vegeta some respect maybe
Neither Jinx nor Harley would care over killing each other
Mags nor Tetsuo would shed a tear over killing one another
same with Bobba vs Predator
as well as Wanda vs Zatanna

So really Jonathan vs Tanjiro is where you can have either character show genuine regret over killing one another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back