• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto and for me those 2 people happened to be related to me. That said these DB discussion threads kinda perpetual loop back to this topic, so to nip this in the bud (again) just look no further than the ads DB uses and that should be a good indicator of their main viewership demographic is.

I mean if you don't live in NA you can't even buy most of the products DB advertises, heck you could live in Mexico or Canada and some of DBs products are still out of reach for you.
As an Asian living in Asia I can say that I can actually become a Champion or even commission a song, and with extra extra shipping costs I may even buy some Death Battle and even Rooster Teeth merchandises.

A true trouble for the non-US audience is ironically (1) inability of / (2) super difficulty in / (3) reduced benefit from buying products and services from the sponsors like Dollar Shave Club, Blue Apron, DoorDash, Blue Chew, Adam and Eve, BetterHelp, MintMobile and more...

As an Asian living in Asia I can say that I can actually become a Champion or even commission a song, and with extra extra shipping costs I may even buy some Death Battle and even Rooster Teeth merchandises.

A true trouble for the non-US audience is ironically (1) inability of / (2) super difficulty in / (3) reduced benefit from buying products and services from the sponsors like Dollar Shave Club, Blue Apron, DoorDash, Blue Chew, Adam and Eve, BetterHelp, MintMobile and more...
Yikes so even if you financially support DB, you still (overall) get less benefits just for being born outside the US (Albeit the logistics makes sense). That said with certain products like Blue Chew or Adam&Eve I highly doubt international audiences would find them appealing let alone buy them, if they were more accessible (call it a "hunch").

Are Super Sentai and Kamen Riders the same thing? They look very similar to me.
Super Sentai are specifically color coordinated teams who fight human sized monster in person and giant monster in mechs, they're also the basis for Power Ranger
Kamen Rider are more individual fighters who fight human sized monster (This does not mean they can't have teams more that they don't have color coordinated matching outfits and are specifically designed to fight together)
Ultraman are more individual fighter who fight giant monster (Same team rule as Kamen Rider)

@Mariogoods Okay, at this point you are exaggerating too much
I take every massive deletion attempts seriously because it affects something I do take great effect in. But now I am the attacker of the "fort" and it is definitely not something positive. I did my best and I did not do nothing this time.

Systemic bias in VS Battles Wiki includes that the pre-Internet verses are underrepresented ("pre-Interent" in this case is different in different regions), non-English verses are underrepresented, indie verses are underrepresented. The new rule will worsen the situation because it formally justified deletion of these verses.

And lacking representative verses. By the way, for fans in "alternative universe", they failed to recognize the ad in Steven VS Star despite they like to say something suggestive.

Actually, I'd like to see the versus debating communities in other regions could have their own DB.

Last edited:
Super Sentai are specifically color coordinated teams who fight human sized monster in person and giant monster in mechs, they're also the basis for Power Ranger
Kamen Rider are more individual fighters who fight human sized monster (This does not mean they can't have teams more that they don't have color coordinated matching outfits and are specifically designed to fight together)
Ultraman are more individual fighter who fight giant monster (Same team rule as Kamen Rider)
I see

Super sentai = The inspiration for Power rangers
Kamen rider = Power rangers minus the mechas
Ultraman = Kaiju power ranger

I get it now

Yikes so even if you financially support DB, you still (overall) get less benefits just for being born outside the US (Albeit the logistics makes sense). That said with certain products like Blue Chew or Adam&Eve I highly doubt international audiences would find them appealing let alone buy them, if they were more accessible (call it a "hunch").
And lacking representative verses. By the way, for fans in "alternative universe", they failed to recognize the ad in Steven VS Star despite they like to say something suggestive.

Actually, I'd like to see the versus debating communities in other regions could have their own DB.
Now we look into it, VBW has become the biggest character versus debating website whereas Death Battle has become the biggest character versus debating show on Earth.

It would be easy to start similar forums or shows, but quality, quantity and view counts will be far less.
And since this is essentially a show crossing lines with copyright issues across a lot of franchises, I see very few shows want to invest in it as a show and even fewer making it big and continuous. (At best you would see WatchMojo which will be more like buzz article than a character versus show.)

I take every massive deletion attempts seriously because it affects something I do take great effect in. But now I am the attacker of the "fort" and it is definitely not something positive. I did my best and I did not do nothing this time.

Systemic bias in VS Battles Wiki includes that the pre-Internet verses are underrepresented ("pre-Interent" in this case is different in different regions), non-English verses are underrepresented, indie verses are underrepresented. The new rule will worsen the situation because it formally justified deletion of these verses.
You may be over-worrying but I see your concern, esp. when VBW is a truly international website for verses all over the world (you would really see verses in USA, Japan, France, Korea, Taiwan, mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Poland, The Philippines and more...)

Meanwhile Rooster Teeth and Screwattack Inc which, despite how international they are, still reside in Austin TX USA with Hollywood + USA sitcom mindsets). So ya VBW has less excuse in this regard. Also they need to spend more money on each episode of matchups (unlike VBW where people just look into characters, compare, and poof - a matchup).

You may be over-worrying but I see your concern, esp. when VBW is a truly international website for verses all over the world (you would really see verses in USA, Japan, France, Korea, Taiwan, mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Poland, The Philippines and more...)

Meanwhile Rooster Teeth and Screwattack Inc which, despite how international they are, still reside in Austin TX USA with Hollywood + USA sitcom mindsets). So ya VBW has less excuse in this regard. Also they need to spend more money on each episode of matchups (unlike VBW where people just look into characters, compare, and poof - a matchup).
What Jason said, i know your concern but you eay too worried over it, @Mariogoods

It is right.

Looks like my effects to bring obscure verses are for naught.
Makes me wonder what this means for RPG Maker games. We do have a few that are very popular, like Yume Nikki, Omori, Ao Oni, from the top of my head (but those things became franchises, good luck to those that remained as games with some fans in their blogs =P)

Perhaps. I saw one person wanted to see Captain Price vs Thatcher, though he envisioned it as more of a team fight with Smoke, Mute, and Sledge helping Thatcher defend an objective while Price, Soap, Ghost, and Gaz attacked. So really it’s more like Task Force 141 vs Rainbow Six
As of the recent CoD game, Price has Zombies guns, so...

Hey, you think CoD could make it on to DB?
Nah man, bass and salmon are more likely to be in DB.

Since I finished Will Vandom's profile, I was wondering if she had any other potential matches besides Bloom (Winx Club) for a death battle?
One other matchup I thought of for Will Vandom is Emily Hayes from Amulet. Both are red head girls with a little fiery temper that uses pink energy magic from the necklace artifact they wear. Said artifact comes from a grandfigure that used to have it and is passed down to them (though Will got it from her friend's grandmother, Yan Lin while Emily got it from her great grandfather, Silas). Both lost their dads albeit in different circumstances (one by divorce and other by car accident). Both also got thrust into a fantasy world and fought an evil royalty figure (Prince Phobos and Elf King).

It's a sorta neat idea but hampered by the fact Amulet is a graphic novel so far and has no physical/motion media to get a good idea of how Emily and her power interact in motion. There's an upcoming film but that's stuck in development hell it seems. Also, Emily dies hard to Will.

Other MUs I heard are Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon), Livewire (DC), Misaka Makoto (Toaru Majutsu no Index) and Ruby Rose (RWBY). Though none of those options are great in a sense. Either they're generic (Ruby) with electricity (Livewire and Misaka) or I am not familiar with some of them (Jupiter).

image.png

Society moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back