• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BloodZ_vs_CripZ_-_Gohan_-_Pegasus_Kouga_vs_Ultraman_Zero.png
Pegasus Kouga vs Ultraman Zero

Anyways to pass the time post ya top 5 favorite MU and reasons for them
Kinda hard to decide since I don't have any particular favorites

5. Vert Wheeler VS Mike Chilton (Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 VS Motorcity)
3yv8z6pcpue81.jpg

I watched and enjoyed both of these shows as a kid due to the vehicular action they deliver, moreso on Motorcity due to the Gorillaz inspired art style and smooth and dynamic/exaggerated animation, making the action all the more stylish. We never had many car on car fights, with Joker VS Sweet Tooth being the only one of its kind and it ended with an out of vehicle kill. Since the team has done DEATH RACE and those were pretty good, I have no doubt they would do this MU justice. Combining Motorcity's rock punk aesthetic with BF5's sleek tech design would make for an awesome car clash with a neat contrast of alien hi-tech VS gritty scrap design. Admittedly the connections are kinda light, both are leaders of a five-man team that drive weaponized cars that use a melee weapon and has to protect their home from a major villain that are known for their futuristic hi-tech robots. They also face another villian group that contrast the major one with a more primitive and jungle theme. Only thing that holds back is Motorcity's sparse material due to the show being canned early and that both shows are pretty obscure nowadays.

4. Lupin III VS Sly Cooper/Carmen Sandiego
zunmyjajegda1.png
49odfe73azp81.jpg

I have been getting into Lupin III recently and I love the goofy gentleman thief and his rag tag team of robbers. Both Sly and Carmen play off Lupin really well in the banter department and their gadgets and abilities would make the fight interaction fun. A battle of wits, tricks and quips as Lupin and his foe attempt to steal an artifact is a scenario I would see fitting really well. It's nice to see Lupin VS Sly getting more attention, even getting featured on DBC. I personally prefer Carmen, though Sly is a better choice since he is more overall suited to fight, compared to Carmen who doesn't really fight until on her 2019 Netflix show and only recently had a few combat abilities and feats.

3. Akuma VS Yujiro Hanma (Street Fighter VS Baki Grappler)
anBn

Has very eerily similar connections, great fight potential and plus their interactions could be neat to see them boasting yet giving mutual respect to each other. Akuma kinda stomps, but I'd imagine Yujiro putting a tough fight regardless. Plus Akuma needs a good episode.

2. Tari VS Miko Kubota (Meta Runner VS Glitch Techs)
mulw46p1t8f71.png

Even though this MU sorta waned my interest after the hype for both shows wears off, I still think Meta Runner and Glitch Techs are baller and so is this matchup. I like both characters and their settings, the cast, the style and that fact its one of the few gaming centric show that's not cringe/how do you do fellow kids shit. Both Tari and Miko have contrasting personalities that could play off their interactions really well, with Tari's calm and hesitant demeanor clashing with Miko's hyperactive and recklessness, leading to hilarious yet competitive moments. I can see the fight taking place in a virtual tournament and both Tari and Miko fight in various virtual gaming worlds, leading to many variety and creative backdrops. There could be a heartwarming moment where Miko respects Tari as a friend and rival, even if she's an AI or "glitch". I'm glad this MU has a commissioned track, giving them notability. Though it still might be unlikely due to Tari being from a non-Rooster Teeth web series and Glitch Techs being short-lived and having little presence now.

1. Mystique Sonia VS Cerebella (Hero 108 VS Skullgirls)
k8d4cf046dd81.png

Mystique Sonia is what led me into Hero 108 due to her design and it led to the show being my favorite hidden gem. Her against Cerebella would be rad since we get to see a hat-on-hat brawl. Their connections are alright, but carries hard on animation potential and choreography, helped with their similar fighting style and their hats could be exaggerated with their long limbs drawn out dynamically for the action part. Hand-drawn animation would be ideal since it pays tribute to Skullgirls' hand-drawn animation in the fighting game that sets it apart and both Hero 108 and Skullgirls' pleasing unique style would make for an awesome visual flair.

Other mentions:
ZF93cHRjdms3NA

Bloom VS Will Vandom (Winx Club VS W.I.T.C.H.)

dfcxtjq-52a4e4a0-1d04-4360-876b-8c3b17c0620f.png

Birdie VS Earthquake (Street Fighter VS Samurai Shodown)

ZmNyZTM4MS5qcGc

Rex Salazar VS Max Steel (Generator Rex VS Max Steel 2013)

MzZoOTQ3MS5wbmc

Ladybug VS Randy Cunningham (Miraculous VS 9th Grade Ninja)

For Zero
Sons of previous alien heroes Both were trained by an associate of their dad (Ultraman Leo and Piccolo) While both series have tons of villians both characters are mostly associated with one( Belial and Perfect Cell) Both villians came back (somewhat) in the form of kaiju forms They both have tons of forms where one is associated with their instincts (Gohan Beast and Wild Burst) One of Ultraman Zero's hosts have a similar family life to gohan where they are part of a nuclear family consisting of them with a wife and a daughter Both are skilled in martial arts and have beam attacks

For Koga
Those are both pretty good. GohanvKoga is definitely a better GokuvSeiya. I feel like Kōga has better connections here then zero, or at least more personal ones.

I have no connection nor love towards any of the series present in this image. Whichever gets death battle more views is my choice.
From the production perspective Son Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga is easier to make (and has a lower risk of screwing up) than Son Gohan vs Ultraman Zero.

This is one reason I prefer Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga over Son Gohan vs Ultraman Zero.

We have Batman Who Laughs vs Dreadpool.
We have Yukari Yakumo vs Altair.
Now: We have Altair vs Dreadpool.
And connections are simple.
Ew.

What next?
Batman Who Laughs vs Yukari Yakumo?
Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo?
(Now we have Hoopa vs Erazor Djinn so Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo is less needed)

Last edited:
We have Batman Who Laughs vs Dreadpool.
We have Yukari Yakumo vs Altair.
Now: We have Yukari Yakumo vs Dreadpool.
And connections are simple.
Ew.

What next?
Batman Who Laughs vs Yukari Yakumo?
Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo?
(Now we have Hoopa vs Erazor Djinn so Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo is less needed)
Please, you're diluting the pool of Yukari's worst MUs. That title is reserved for Giratina.

This TN goes hard.

3. Takano Miyo vs Albert Wesker (When They Cry vs Resident Evil)

I deeply empathize with people who want matches like Walter White vs Light Yagami, because this is one of those matchups where everything lines up on paper, but how does one actually implement it?

You've got two people who became obsessed with the end goal of becoming a God due to the influences of their adopted fathers who had, in some form, wanted to accomplish the same. However, Takano did so out of extreme admiration, while Wesker had pure contempt for Spencer. The death of said fathers would kickstart their desire to become God.

Both were taken away by family due to circumstances beyond their control. Both excelled in school, driven by their ambitions, and would end up working work with secret organizations. Both groups have a Pharmaceutical background which serves as a front for their true research of dangerous viruses, with some hoping to weaponize it. Both Takano and Wesker end up betraying all of their supposed allies along the way.

Both worked with parasitic viruses, spreading them across a village to try and achieve their Godhood (one physically and the other metaphorically). They both also hide in the shadows as they plot, rarely taking the frontlines once their plan is in motion.

Oh, and they're both evil blondes who wear a lot of black, from horror games. You also have a male vs female and East vs West angle to pull from, and amazing music from both series.

Again though, good look making an actual fight or animation. It doesn't seem possible whatsoever.
Good thing you didnt feed Wesker to Kazuya and came with something rather new too

i haven't done it but i'll go over Gohan Lesser Alts given how i liked Zero and Koga

if-death-battle-decides-to-use-only-z-manga-gohan-pre-manga-v0-vc6gnki7x3v91.png

Thoughts: As i said before Invincible just offers nothing interesting to play off Gohan, its basically Bardock vs Omni-man with nothing interesting about it.

I'll let a quote from the discord
"Mark is too weak to be a threat and doesn't have enough powers to make it Intresting. Also not as carthritic to see him get beat up like homelander."

The only thing that carries it is the banter which really wouldn't be anything special outside Mark making fun of the Great Saiyaman suit
beyond it its just lame. Invincible is just a boring brick of a fighter and unlike Nolan he doesn't have some flare or Charisma to compensate outside getting his ass beat.
what makes it even more annoying is how Folks try to salvage it by nerfing Gohan to his Cell Saga Self or have Gohan be reduce to the Great Saiyaman persona for the sake of "Fairness"

Which is dumb for variety of reasons.
1.Teen Gohan doesn't do anything different then his Current self-outside being weaker
2. You Bring a Character at the peak of there power not when there vastly weaker.
3.It makes for a weak analysis, why focus on a specific time period of them? its like bringing in Sonic but only Adventure Era and not current one
4.Gohan Still stomp lol ssj2 gohan is Solar System level and is quadrillion x FTL via Base Goku speed feat from the anime
5.Great Saiyaman still gohan its not some Alternate version and the moment he stop holding back he merks Mark

Overall if you have to try and nerf a character to make up for a MU then maybe you shouldn't do the MU?
There is one good reason why Death Battle want this mu to happen
views

Thanks to Hoopa vs Erazor Djinn being on the radar (potentially another Kyogre vs Chaos but the Mischief Pokémon may actually win)

Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard is also brought to the table.

If anything, this may actually test whether Son Gohan vs Ultraman Zero actually works in animation realisation since Merlina as Dark Queen with a giant stand vs Magolor EX / Magolor Soul would exactly work like Gohan vs Ultraman Zero.

Mao Mao could work for Puss
Puss vs Mao Mao or Buck Wild work.

(Puss is stomped by Meowth but Meowth alone may carry views so by Death Battle practice... Shadow: hmph, who cares?)

Its funny, Gohan, Piccolo, Frieza & Cell are the big characters remaining but DB seems to prefer other options more, Team Rocket vs Pilaf Gang might just happen before those 4.
Yeah.

But it is still something they recognize Kirby vs Majin Buu back at Season 2.

Speaking of Kirby, there is a big cast left behind.

Is it Sentry vs Gemini Saga? Awesome.

Xeno Glucose still has the speed and hax to bully Ricky Rat though, I'm assuming?
Speed yeah for now

Not sure about hax, KH characters apparently aren’t too shabby in that department either and DBH hax turned out to not be unbeatable as it’s touted as. So the hax argument is probably debatable

Tier 1 bargain sale ftw

Could someone tell me the connection between Gohan and Ultraman Zero?
Speed yeah for now

Not sure about hax, KH characters apparently aren’t too shabby in that department either and DBH hax turned out to not be unbeatable as it’s touted as. So the hax argument is probably debatable

Tier 1 bargain sale ftw

I feel that every Tier 1 revision should be dealt with caution, but I feel that the current upgrades to Tier 1 are somewhat reckless, which may harm the reliability..
Good thing you didnt feed Wesker to Kazuya and came with something rather new too
It seems that Wesker is confronting a much stronger opponent.

On an unrelated note, here are two characters who become Internet meme:

I am fine with other verses getting tier 1 as long as my favorite verses get tier 1. Tier 1 Touhou. Tier 1 Terraria. Tier 1... The hit mobile game inspired my Minecraft called Pixel gun 3d... Tier 1 base Mario without an arm nor legs.

I just remembered how Tiktokers like to give Outerversal scaling to anyone (I heard Outerversal Sans and Outerversal composite stormtrooper, one of them was trying to make me debate with them on Discord about it cuz I said Touhou beats Undertale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back