• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that too, but also specifically sending him to a neuron star, why not send him to the Sun? Or, the most likely, just randomly in space? He doesn't know he can come back, or how he could come back.

It changes you in a form that can't be harmed by phasing you out.

And I watched his portal opening and it seems he needs to scratch and open a portal that way, so him opening a portal under Dovahkiin's feet is extremely unlikely.

Ogbunabali said:
It changes you in a form that can't be harmed by phasing you out.

And I watched his portal opening and it seems he needs to scratch and open a portal that way, so him opening a portal under Dovahkiin's feet is extremely unlikely.
Where does the lore say that? Can't find that stuff anywhere.

That's Discord being dramatic. He thunk open portals in the final episode, no claws required.

Ogbunabali said:
In the description.
Can you show a clip?
"The Thu'um reaches out to the Void, changing your form to one that cannot harm, or be harmed."

That's all I saw in the description. It just says you call out to the void and your form changes.

https://youtu.be/Eb-GsRpiezk?t=149

When he tore open the portal it had three blue white claw marks that fused into a singular streak, before becoming a portal. Here, the portal just expands open with no flashy effects. We would have at least seen brief claw marks if he physically tore it open.

Dragonrend nulls immortality. It does not null Regenerationn, just makes immortals killable. It specifically is desinged to enforce mortality on people with no concept of it. Discord is very mortal in the sense of killability. He just has Regenerationn and can live forever.

Lightbuster30 said:
Dragonrend nulls immortality. It does not null Regenerationn, just makes immortals killable. It specifically is desinged to enforce mortality on people with no concept of it.
Power Nullification (Immortality (Types 1, 3, 4 and 5) and Regenerationn Negation (At least Low-Godly) and Abstract Existence (Type 2) via Dragonrend)

Yeah, by reaching into the Void it phases your existence.

Considering he came out of the portal from the opposite side, I don't see anything suggesting he just "thinks it open".

He has the AP to bypass the regen, and hax so it's not important either way. By the way Dragonrend negates Low-Godly.

Where in that quote do you get it phases you into the void?

Beyond the fact that it's creation process looks absolutely nothing like when he clawed one open?

Where does the regen come from?

Lightbuster30 said:
Where in that quote do you get it phases you into the void?
Beyond the fact that it's creation process looks absolutely nothing like when he clawed one open?

Where does the regen come from?
from negating the regen of alduin.

In the same quote you quoted?

The portal creation is shown where the portal opened on the other end, not in the end where he actually opened the portal. There's nothing suggesting, nor would it make any sense, for the claws to appear on the other end.

Aldui.

From every dragon not dying from from their physical form being destroyed, and Alduin being >>> every dragon. That's like the whole plot of the game, which is why it's such a big deal for the Dragonborn to absorb dragon souls it's the only way to kill them.

Lightbuster30 said:
Ok, so where does Alduin's regen come from? Is what I'm asking.
No matter if people destroy the physical form of dragons they cannot die they still linger they just lost a physical form thats why being a dragonborn is a big thing because you can perma kill them.

Ogbunabali said:
The portal creation is shown where the portal opened on the other end, not in the end where he actually opened the portal. There's nothing suggesting, nor would it make any sense, for the claws to appear on the other end.
It says you become one who can't harm or be harmed. It's way too vague for me to assume he's halfway in oblivion and his world.

He's literally tearing it open, we have absolutely no reason beyond assumptions to think it would appear any different, especially when the clawing process involves physically tearing open the space between two different universes, which is going to damage their space in the same way.

He doesn't have a justification for his low godly. But I think I might have a vague idea where he gets it from. I'd like to hear thoughts before I actually say it though.

Ogbunabali said:
From every dragon not dying from from their physical form being destroyed, and Alduin being >>> every dragon. That's like the whole plot of the game, which is why it's such a big deal for the Dragonborn to absorb dragon souls it's the only way to kill them.
So would you say their regen is linked to their immortality?

How is it vague, it's literally stated in the description of the spell.

That's on you to prove, otherwise it's baseless headcanon. But considering every single time he has opened a portal he's had to tear it open, we have no reason to assume he has other ways to open a portal nor have we shown anything to assume that he does, and we have no reason to assume that when the portal opens on the opposite side the scratches don't appear, which doesn't make any sense for them to in the first place.

And, not particularly. Since there's a big distinction made between their eternal existence and their souls.

Iisdude1 said:
Acasualty since they never change and remain wherever they were killed until alduin revives them.
But don't you have to neg their acasuality to destroy them for good? Either with dragonrend or absorbing their soul?

If their regen comes from immortality/acasuality, and dragonrend is supposed to neg their immortality then it's only negating their regen by negating the immortality/acausality that is granting it. Losing low godly is just a side-effect of having the power granting it getting negged.

As I said, there's a pretty big difference made between those two things. So that's a pretty big stretch.

Not that it matters, I don't know why we're talking about this.

Alduin also gets his form completely destroyed, but due to his role as world water he appears again in a different time.

Ogbunabali said:
As I said, there's a pretty big difference made between those two things. So that's a pretty big stretch.
Not that it matters, I don't know why we're talking about this.
Which two things? We're debating different subjects here so I'm not sure which one were on.

Ogbunabali said:
Their acausality and them coming back from their souls.
Don't they mention the soul of a dragon being unchanging or something similar? Where is the afeformentioned distinction made?

Lightbuster30 said:
Don't they mention the soul of a dragon being unchanging or something similar? Where is the afeformentioned distinction made?
In the lore? Make a CRT if you want to get the Low-Godly removed, at this point you're just grasping at straws, which won't even affect the outcome of the match.

Well, let me see if i can explain alduin's immortality.

All dragons in TES are some sort of Shard of Akatosh, by that, dragons are immortal by nature, no human can FULLY kill dragons (their flesh may die, but their soul does not), only dragonborn, as he obtains their souls for him, alduin is a Bigger deal, he is technically the strongest dragon in the elder scrolls, and if he dies, he just comes back, his flesh is basically unkilabble by normal means, and even if killed, he comes back sorta instantly because he is basically an aspect of akatosh, the dragon god of time.

Not even dovahkiin can kill Alduin, BUT, Dovahkiin has a Shout that... well, changes the nature of the dragon, JOOR-FRAH-ZUUL (dragon language for Mortal-Finite-Temporary) is EXACTLY what the dragons aren't, so, dovahkiin, nulls his Regen And Acausality (Mortal And Finite)

I hope this is not confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back