• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you said it well and easy to understand.

Alduin unlike dragons that cannot regen he can as Lucas said even if you kill/destroy his body he comes back near instantly.

Ogbunabali said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Don't they mention the soul of a dragon being unchanging or something similar? Where is the afeformentioned distinction made?
In the lore? Make a CRT if you want to get the Low-Godly removed, at this point you're just grasping at straws, which won't even affect the outcome of the match.
I don't have anything against Alduin and Dragons having Low Godly. I am questioning if the low godly is linked to their immortal/acasual nature or seperate from it.

Lightbuster30 said:
Ogbunabali said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Don't they mention the soul of a dragon being unchanging or something similar? Where is the afeformentioned distinction made?
In the lore? Make a CRT if you want to get the Low-Godly removed, at this point you're just grasping at straws, which won't even affect the outcome of the match.
I don't have anything against Alduin and Dragons having Low Godly. I am questioning if the low godly is linked to their immortal nature.
Alduin is the only dragon that can regen the other need help to get their physical body back.

I mean, in a way it is, but not in the way you're trying to get me to say it. If you have a problem with the ability make a CRT, don't know what else to tell you.

Lucas Carvalho Santiago said:
Iisdude1 said:
Yeah, but not their bodies. They can be slain normally but they will still be "alive"
He won't come back, His Immortality was negged by dovahkiin, meaning he will never come back, only if... GODHEAD WANTS OWO
Shhh let the poor thing sleep he has been thro enought.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Ogbunabali said:
Lightbuster30 said:
I don't have anything against Alduin and Dragons having Low Godly. I am questioning if the low godly is linked to their immortal nature.
Alduin is the only dragon that can regen the other need help to get their physical body back.
So only Alduin has low godly? I was under the impression all of them did. My mistake.

Lightbuster30 said:
Ogbunabali said:
Lightbuster30 said:
I don't have anything against Alduin and Dragons having Low Godly. I am questioning if the low godly is linked to their immortal/acasual nature or seperate from it.
No dragon except alduin has Regen, They all have immortality and acausality (quoting Matthew:

"Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

They aren't even physical beings either, they have been notably described as "Biological Time Machines powered by ideologies" by authors Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann, and are indeed aspects of the Embodiment of Time itself.

As such, dragons are immortal. Even if their flesh is killed on Nirn they will never fully die, they remain, they linger, as they were and always are.

Dragonrend changes that. It forcibly strips a dragon of their timeless, immortal nature, and makes them experience mortality. The Dragonrend Shout is actually called "JOOR ZAH FRUL" in Dovahzuul, the Dragon Tongue, and it means "Mortal Finite Temporary", exactly the opposite of what dragons are.

Dragonrend made it possible for The Dovahkiin killing Alduin forever despite being a major aspect of the Time Dragon, and literally the End of Time.

Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

They aren't even physical beings either, they have been notably described as "Biological Time Machines powered by ideologies" by authors Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann, and are indeed aspects of the Embodiment of Time itself.

As such, dragons are immortal. Even if their flesh is killed on Nirn they will never fully die, they remain, they linger, as they were and always are.

Dragonrend changes that. It forcibly strips a dragon of their timeless, immortal nature, and makes them experience mortality. The Dragonrend Shout is actually called "JOOR ZAH FRUL" in Dovahzuul, the Dragon Tongue, and it means "Mortal Finite Temporary", exactly the opposite of what dragons are.

Dragonrend made it possible for The Dovahkiin killing Alduin forever despite being a major aspect of the Time Dragon, and literally the End of Time.")

I hope this clarifies your questions.

Iisdude1 said:
He's 4 dimensional as being a shard of time.
Why don't the other dragons have it then?
Because alduin is the Aspect of a Akatosh.

He is the breed of time itself. And Exists outside it.

EDIT: I may be wrong, this is actually a pretty good question.

Lightbuster30 said:
Iisdude1 said:
Where does alduin get his higher dimensional existence?
It's because he is a shard of Akatosh, The Dragon god of Time
Or, you can just say that he is a Shard of Time itself.
Well, yeah, but doesn't your quote describe dragons in general as tiny shards of Aka?
Well, i think as Alduin is the Aspect of Aka, he gets it in a stronger state than the others.

I may be wrong, i probably am.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
So can someone summarize the match and the wincons of each side
It's a stomp until OP changes the equipment so Discord has a wincon in the first place. Otherwise it's passive magic negging time.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
It's a stomp until OP changes the equipment so Discord has a wincon in the first place. Otherwise it's magic negging time.
If you were OP what things would you give the dova?
Depends, I'd have to know about his equipment. Game mechanics aren't gonna help me, so I'd need to know what they can "truely" do. I think we can all agree that spellbreaker is a big no no here though.

Lightbuster30 said:
TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
It's a stomp until OP changes the equipment so Discord has a wincon in the first place. Otherwise it's magic negging time.
If you were OP what things would you give the dova?
Depends, I'd have to know about his equipment. Game mechanics aren't gonna help me, so I'd need to know what they can "truely" do. I think we can all agree that spellbreaker is a big no no here though.
Well we have a few

The Ring of Namira while the ring is being worn, any damage the bearer takes is suffered by the attacker as well.

Ebony Mail its power grants the wearer resistance of fire, magicka, and grants a magical shield
Spell breaker you know this one

Staff of Magnus a metaphysical battery of sorts for its creator, Magnus. When used, it absorbs an enemy's health and mystical energy. (this one is high 1B i think)

The mace of bal drains its victims of magicka and gives it to the bearer. It also has the ability to transfer an enemy's strength to its wielder ( It seems to be a favorite for vanquishing wizards)

The mask of vile basically makes everyone fawn over you even if your personality and appearance was shit people would give the world to the one that wears the mask

The razor besides being able to kill any creature instantly it can aslo change reality by "cutting' the cababilities of it are so strong that someone used it to become a dragonborn againts the will of Akatosh a high 1B god

Saviors Hide you can read up for that one the one that wore it could take hits from dagon a Daedric prince

Auriels shield can make its wielder nigh invulnerable. In its resistance to fire and magick, Auriel's Shield is unsurpassed. To defend its wielder from any attacks it cannot absorb and give it back to the attacker , the Shield lends him or her health.

Auriels bow one of the mightiest weapons ever to exist in Tamriel's history. the Bow can turn any arrow into a missile of death and i think it gave you inmunity to attacks or something like that also the speed at which the arrows fly is damn near instant and the range is crazy too

The ebony blade Every time the Ebony Blade strikes an opponent, part of the damage inflicted flows into the wielder as raw power basically every time you hit you become more strong

Have in mind that the daedric one are At leat 1C While the Aedric one are high 1B.

EDIT: there are some more but i dont think the dova has them like the spear of bitter mercy that was capable of destroying The daedric prince dagon (I dont know if the destruction was only physical or compleatly ei. body, mind, soul, erase from all time (all posible ones too) past, present and future and his concept too i think)

IIRC

Ebony Blade: Low 1-C Absorption.

Staff of Magnus: 1-B Power Null.

Mehrunes Razor: Low 1-C Conceptual Death Manip.

Savior: Completely Absorved the physical strikes of Mehrunes Dagon (Low 1-C)

Mail: Pseudo-Invisibility and Poison (I Don't Know the tier of this one.)

I don't remenber the others.

IIRC

Ebony Blade: Low 1-C Absorption.

Staff of Magnus: 1-B Power Null.

Mehrunes Razor: Low 1-C Conceptual Death Manip.

Savior: Completely Absorved the physical strikes of Mehrunes Dagon (Low 1-C)

Mail: Pseudo-Invisibility and Poison (I Don't Know the tier of this one.)

I don't remenber the others.
Fandom ate my original post so I'll make this short.

Daedric Princes were upgraded to high 1-B, none of the daedric artifacts would be low 1-C.

The Staff of Magnus isn't 1-B; its low 1-C power absorption from scaling to the Eye of Magnus. However, I just found some lore that should downgrade the staff, so I'll add that to my thread on daedric artifacts when I get enough free time to make it.

The Savior's Hide scaling from a low 1-C (now high 1-B Dagon) makes zero sense. The Hide is a small part of a daedric prince while Dagon is a complete one.

According to Mankar Camora's profile Mehrunes Razor isn't conceptual it's just information manipulation, plus currently Miraak's resistances scale to the Razor and he only has resistance to death manipulation. Also there is zero reason it should be high 1-B; I made a thread a long time ago about it and multiple staff members said it wouldn't be higher tier.

The Ebony Blade wouldn't be low 1-C since daedric princes are currently high 1-B. I remember both Matt and Ultima saying the daedric artifacts aren't low 1-C multiple times throughout the revisions, saying they are only low 1-C (now high 1-B post upgrades) in the hands of the daedric princes themselves.

Also this shouldn't be a derail this time since the power of these artifacts definitely effects the match.

Saviors hide can still resist dragons powers though, much like how post crisis Superman is able resist reality warping from a 5d entity. saviors hide protects the wearers from magic and resisting dagons abilities does not make it an outlier, it's literally the main point of the armor, it doesn't have to be used by a higher tier character. Also information manipulation in the elder scrolls is powerful enough to affect concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back