• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Do you like it more? The SSBKK or SSB Full Power?
I think SSBKK is more interesting, narratively, because it puts a spin on a pre-existing concept, like Toriyama was prone to doing back in his prime, and works as a meaningful way to have the Gods be surprised—A trick from a low level God they overlooked, King Kai. It also operates in the same Karma philosophy SSG works on (Goku’s good deeds awarded him the form, paying forward his good will and positive change to the world). PSSB is just a less visually and narratively interesting SSJ Grade 4. It exists to exist, really.

Edit: Also, the fact that SSBE exists in the Manga for no reason still confuses me. In the Anime, it was created to complement SSBKK. But SSBKK simply doesn’t exist in the Manga. At least, not in the same WAY. So Vegeta just has this extra form with no complement, and to justify this Vegeta’s made weaker (as he matches SSB Goku, meaning his base must be necessarily lower), to compensate for this.

Completed Super Saiyan Blue.

Its empty aura,—with all of its energy having been drawn in and concentrated within the flesh,—is devoid of any visual distractions, which, ironically, emphasizes Goku and Vegeta when on-panel, far more than Blue's aura did. Its calm and reserved, yet explosive energy and fury is the perfectly oxymoronic blend of its progenitors: Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God, representing a surpassing of the realm of the god. And, unlike the anime, in which Blue is the default, when Complete Blue is unleashed, the action noticably jumps up by orders of magnitude, highlighting the depth of the infinite strength only achievable through divine power in a way that Toei and Toyotaro are normally incapable of; very Toriyama-esque.

It's sick.

Completed Super Saiyan Blue.

Its empty aura,—with all of its energy having been drawn in and concentrated within the flesh,—is devoid of any visual distractions, which, ironically, emphasizes Goku and Vegeta when on-panel, far more than Blue's aura did. Its calm and reserved, yet explosive energy and fury is the perfectly oxymoronic blend of its progenitors: Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God, representing a surpassing of the realm of the god. And, unlike the anime, in which Blue is the default, when Complete Blue is unleashed, the action noticably jumps up by orders of magnitude, highlighting the depth of the infinite strength only achievable through divine power in a way that Toei and Toyotaro are normally incapable of; very Toriyama-esque.

It's sick.
I’d argue this is mainly for Goku V F.Zamasu and Vegeta V Beerus. Outside of this, the aura is still present—Such as the ToP, Moro, and Granolah, which reduces/removes this effect entirely and loses the point of its lack of visual effect.

I like both of them, SSBKK for being cool as ****, especially visually while FPSSB works for the long journey and development Blue has in the manga of trying to work around it's downsides.

Mind you I think both works specifically for the version of Blue of their respective mediums, Anime Blue requires perfect ki control hence why it doesn't have any downsides and can be spammed to hearts content, hence why Blue Kaioken is a thing that can be done while Manga Blue has an horrendous ki drain (even though it contradicts Resurrection F) and it's main thing is it's development.

While I like the idea of developing Blue as a form, a lot of it falls flat for me because there’s no actual character ties to this evolution. For example, I’d like it much more if the perfecting of SSB from Vegeta came from releasing himself of his guilt he feels from his previous crimes.

Instead he just got it off screen because…reasons.

Such as the ToP
0039-021.png
0040-004.png

Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken and Super Saiyan Blue, respectively.
0062-021.png

Blue only appears with an aura during the Granolah the Survivor Saga when Goku prepares an Instant Kamehameha, and the aura is completely different from the normal Super Saiyan Blue aura; evidently, he is currently using Completed Super Saiyan Blue.
and Granolah
0072-040.png
0073-019.png

Goku begins the second fight with Granolah in normal Blue, but, shortly after, uses Completed Blue, and continues to do so for the remainder of the saga.
(even though it contradicts Resurrection F)
mfw goku was actually 10x stronger than frieza and would have won easier if he had trained his stamina too or smth

0039-021.png
0040-004.png

Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken and Super Saiyan Blue, respectively.
This is SSBE. Though, I wonder if a PSSBE exists.
0062-021.png

Blue only appears with an aura during the Granolah the Survivor Saga when Goku prepares an Instant Kamehameha, and the aura is completely different from the normal Super Saiyan Blue aura; evidently, he is currently using Completed Super Saiyan Blue.
The Charge Punch against Moro has his Aura. Also, doesn’t Vegeta have his Aura against Moro on Namek?
0072-040.png
0073-019.png

Goku begins the second fight with Granolah in normal Blue, but, shortly after, uses Completed Blue, and continues to do so for the remainder of the saga.
Pretty sure the change we see is supposed to be UI, not PSSB. Hence cellular movement change.
mfw goku was actually 10x stronger than frieza and would have won easier if he had trained his stamina too or smth
Makes total sense.

I've recently rewatched the movie version of Battle of Gods and I got to be honest: I honestly prefer Beerus' personality from there over to what we have currently in Super.

Now I still love the purple cat and one could argue that his more comedic personality makes him more funny and appealing, and there are parts of his movie personality still there, but I love how movie Beerus was still lazy and menacing yet felt more...godlike and wise if that makes sense. I don't know, Beerus in BOG just feels a lot more divine and something that's a force of nature compared to what we have in Super even though I still like Beerus to this day. Hopefully in the future, Beerus can have an active role in a fight and give that vibe he did all those years ago in 2013.

0066-025.png

Same principle as with the Kamehameha.
Fair.
0045-034.png

He was using Evolution, then.
Before that, he turned Normal Blue and had Aura. That said, once he fires his energy blast, it disappears again.
0072-029.png

Ultra Instinct (technique) never exhibits a unique aura.

0076-007.png
0078-037.png
0081-022.png

The aura remains absent.
I was referring to the “Switch from SSB to PSSB.” That scene is specifically noting a change to applying UI on it (Cellular movement and “Evasion Technique).—I’m not making any claims on any Aura tomfoolery, there, just pointing out that SSB type change is just not what happened there.

Hey,

During Beam Struggles, the involved energy blasts only ever explode (1) when matched with an equal force (1)(2).
Otherwise, the weaker attack is reflected (1)(2)(3), envelops the loser of the clash (1)(2)(3), and proceeds forward (1), even escaping into space (1)(2)(3).

Judging by the direction of the Z-Fighters's shadows in chapter 221, pg. 2 (their shadows extend by their right side), chapter 221, pg. 10 establishes that the Sun,—which shadows protrude in the opposite direction of, being their primary light source,—is to Piccolo's left. Cell is on Piccolo's left.

The blast could have potentially extended outward beyond Earth and exploded atop Mars (2.4328063 KiloFOE) or even Neptune (954.010922 KiloFOE).

I like SSBKK more, cooler introduction, gave us a badass feat, and it's Goku applying his teachings to his saiyan heritage to reach the next level.

Hey,

During Beam Struggles, the involved energy blasts only ever explode (1) when matched with an equal force (1)(2).
Otherwise, the weaker attack is reflected (1)(2)(3), envelops the loser of the clash (1)(2)(3), and proceeds forward (1), even escaping into space (1)(2)(3).

Judging by the direction of the Z-Fighters's shadows in chapter 221, pg. 2 (their shadows extend by their right side), chapter 221, pg. 10 establishes that the Sun,—which shadows protrude in the opposite direction of, being their primary light source,—is to Piccolo's left. Cell is on Piccolo's left.

The blast could have potentially extended outward beyond Earth and exploded atop Mars (2.4328063 KiloFOE) or even Neptune (954.010922 KiloFOE).
it should be neptune. I fail to see why the calc does not take into account the destruction of the entire solar system from the Sun all the way to Pluto

it should be neptune. I fail to see why the calc does not take into account the destruction of the entire solar system from the Sun all the way to Pluto
I don't think there's a calc that allows you to calculate that normally ,which is why they use the inverse square law

If you used the distance of Pluto and Pluto's GBE, you'd get less than what they have now

New dragon ball card game, yall heard about it? DBSH is ending.
You mean that Fusion World card game that came out a few months? Yeah I've heard about it, but I'm not seeing anything about Super Dragon Ball Heroes ending on any feeds that I frequent or looking for any news that says SDBH is ending. And given that Heroes is constantly coming out with content, arcs, cards, and these invitational tournaments in Japan then I'm skeptical about it ending.

You mean that Fusion World card game that came out a few months? Yeah I've heard about it, but I'm not seeing anything about Super Dragon Ball Heroes ending on any feeds that I frequent or looking for any news that says SDBH is ending. And given that Heroes is constantly coming out with content, arcs, cards, and these invitational tournaments in Japan then I'm skeptical about it ending.
IDK about the fusion world but it's DBSH which has been going on for a decade now.
not confirmed since it was just a random Twitter post that made sense to me

What we know officially is that there will be a major announcement tomorrow on Twitter, and they have teased a new arcade machine which does not match the Heroes designs.

It is likely - and Jared Hendrix, a leaker with an impeccable track record, has stated this - that the machine will be for the next game in the Data Carddass series. If this is true, it would indicate that Heroes, the current game in the series, will be concluding some time in the next year.

What we know officially is that there will be a major announcement tomorrow on Twitter, and they have teased a new arcade machine which does not match the Heroes designs.

It is likely - and Jared Hendrix, a leaker with an impeccable track record, has stated this - that the machine will be for the next game in the Data Carddass series. If this is true, it would indicate that Heroes, the current game in the series, will be concluding some time in the next year.
Yeah I saw the tweet earlier from Jared and, like it or not, it kind of sucks that Heroes is actually going to be concluding. The quality of Heroes is very much debatable for most people, but it's unfortunate that over 10+ years of Dragon Ball content will be concluding once and for all.

Well, the only thing I hope that they don't do is just completely disregard all the lore and characters they added to Heroes in light of an entirely brand new and unrelated game. Not to say it should be a sequel, but to take elements from Heroes like how Xenoverse took elements from Online.

Back