• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't SSJB called something like 'Chou Saiyahito Blue' in writings, but somehow the writing still meant being Super Saiya-jin Blue at the same time? Japanese is still very weird for a non-speaker like myself

By the way, Moro in the latest chapter enhanced one of his minions enough to overpower 17, 18, Gohan, Piccolo, etc by giving him a portion of his own energy.

I believe "Super Super Saiyan" is what Whis called Goku's Super Saiyan. I assume he dubbed it this because of Super Saiyan God's power being stacked on top of it.

Episode 36's summary reads:

After the battle of Vegeta vs. Frost, a new rule was set up: "If you touch the three-dimensional barrier, you will lose even in the air." Vegeta, on the other hand, is overtaken by the attack of his next opponent, Metalman Magetta in the 6th Universe, and mutates into a Super-Super Saiyan to aim for a turnaround.
Or maybe Whis called Vegeta's form that. Either way, it's just a more powerful state of Super Saiyan.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Episode 37 summary reads:

Vegeta's next opponent is the Saiyan Cabba of Universe 6. Cabba is in a normal state and fights equally with Vegeta, but cannot be transformed into a Super Saiyan.

Couldn't Super Super Saiyan just be Super Saiyan Grade 1 or Super Saiyan 2 heck even Mastered Super Saiyan?

Why would Super Super Saiyan be First Grade Super Saiyan?

Goku and Vegeta didn't use Super Saiyan 2 throughout the Tournament of Destroyers. All they used were [Super] Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue.

Yes, it's Fourth Grade Super Saiyan. But, it's more powerful than usual because Goku and Vegeta have their godly power to back it up.

Nullflowerblush said:
Why would Super Super Saiyan be First Grade Super Saiyan?
Goku and Vegeta didn't use Super Saiyan 2 throughout the Tournament of Destroyers. All they used were [Super] Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue.

Yes, it's Fourth Grade Super Saiyan. But, it's more powerful than usual because Goku and Vegeta have their godly power to back it up.
but...........thats not how god ki works

ArgosaxDespair said:
Gohan's mexican voice actor was murdered yesterday, he was the voice behind the character since 1996.
A├║n no me puedo creer que hayan asesinado a Luis Alfonso Mendoza.

Puede él descansar en paz.

Él puede descansar en paz*. Though I'd say "Que descanse en paz".

Really sad to hear about Gohan's Latin American voice. I must remind Americans that the Latin American cast is actually quite older than the Enlgish one because they were already voice actors with experience when they started working on Dragon Ball. So one of the members of the cast dying is not really surprising, what makes this case in particular much tragic than the others is that he was killed by some criminal.

Ionliosite said:
Really sad to hear about Gohan's Latin American voice. I must remind Americans that the Latin American cast is actually quite older than the Enlgish one because they were already voice actors with experience when they started working on Dragon Ball. So one of the members of the cast dying is not really surprising, what makes this case in particular much tragic than the others is that he was killed by some criminal.
He was around 50, no ? that's far from when you'd expect someone to just die any day TBH.

I was mostly talking about the likes of Goku's voice, he's old enough to have his son working on the show as Whis' voice (as well as being the LatAm voice of The Flash iirc).

Ionliosite said:
I was mostly talking about the likes of Goku's voice, he's old enough to have his son working on the show as Whis' voice (as well as being the LatAm voice of The Flash iirc).
Damn, Goku's voice tend to be very old, isn't his japan voice like 81 ?

I feel pity to anyone who has to replace Nozawa, her work is just so iconic that whoever is chosen will have some extremely huge shoes to fill.

Ionliosite said:
I feel pity to anyone who has to replace Nozawa, her work is just so iconic that whoever is chosen will have some extremely huge shoes to fill.
Yeah, she's basicaly a voice acting legend at this point and having to replace her as Goku will be huge and god help you if you **** it up.

I wonder if they'll pick another woman or swap to a man, the main reason adult Goku is voiced by her is because she started voicing him when he was a kid after all.

Also i just though of it but Whis and Flash sharing a voice actor is funny and a bit appropriate.

ArgosaxDespair said:
Gohan's mexican voice actor was murdered yesterday, he was the voice behind the character since 1996.
Found out about this as well. Shit... Apparently it happened where he was giving classes

TartaChocholate said:
ArgosaxDespair said:
Found out about this as well. Shit... Apparently it happened where he was giving classes
I though it had happened because of a rent dispute ?

I grew up with the LA dub, and I got no words for what happened. at first it was a rumor on FB groups that Luis died or went missing. I didn't take it seriously until it was confirmed that it was real. Damn.

btw @Dragomer from what I know he was killed when he was leaving either his house or dubbing school for that rent dispute.

Idk what crossed on that man's head, killing 3 people and also tried to kill himself. worse is that they (Luis and his wife) had a quite young daughter :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back