• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 62: I'm still on a streak and Goku is likely to get jobbered again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering how in the hell Frieza is going to win? I'm really skeptical of a tie happening and feel like Daishinkan and Zeno would force them to keep fighting to determine a winner. But there's probably no time for that.

And who the hell is gonna get the wish? Probably Frieza. He has more eliminations that Jiren.

Ryukama said:
@Warren It isn't over because Frieza is still in the tournament. This is explained right afterwards. They can tell that the Tournament of Power hasn't ended yet. And why would it look like Universe 7 has just lost and they're about to be annihilated if Goku didn't actually fall from the arena?
Which they did say that he was totally blown away and thrown out of the aren. The implication is pretty clear. Goku got totally blown away, he fell out of the arena, now it looks like U7 lost as a result and they are preparing to be erased. That all indicates that he got eliminated.
It says: "as if the match wasn't over yet." Not "as if the tournament wasn't over yet."

And my point is that the spoilers don't necessarily tell the full picture, and allude to things that aren't the truth.

"Match" could be interpreted as the entire match between U7 and U11 all together. But getting into semantics like that, the way they are describing things seems to indicate that Goku was eliminated. Though the spoilers could be misleading.

Ryukama said:
"Match" could be interpreted as the entire match between U7 and U11 all together. But getting into semantics like that, the way they are describing things seems to indicate that Goku was eliminated. Though the spoilers could be misleading.
The spoilers are pretty wrong at times when it comes to details. I remember them mention Frieza getting angry over something Goku did or Gohan did something bad but these things never happened.

Honestly I'd wait for the episode.

So since jiren eliminates goku, maybe jiren will be saved for future events. I doubt they are going to erase someone who is beyond gods, who MUI goku couldn't defeat, and has yet to reveal his wish.

Why would it look like U7 lost and that the other members are about to be erased if Goku didn't actually get out of bounds and just instantly got right back up?

btw dragonball has a huge problem.its lack of explanation of characters being one of them.now we never know how powerful is zalama or even zeno for that matter.(like does he has hax or it it just erase hax)...

According to spoilers, gokus power comes slightly short, meaning that he will only be slightly weaker than jiren. So it'll go something like beerus < MUI goku < Jiren. Which we already could gather

Not like this. They are making a big deal out of jiren not using his full power. It's a given that at full power jiren will be superior but not by much

Stryk3r1337 said:
Idk why but Seth the Programmer videos are a bit frowned upon here. I personally like his videos and find them to be usually accurate.
Anyone's videos should never be frowned upon just because it's from a specific person. It's the content which matters. Sometimes his content is accurate and good, sometimes it's not and he says some shit which triggers others. Simple.

The video should be evaluated and not the youtuber.

Damn really hoped MUI would actually be stronger than Jiren, the preview definitely makes it look that way.

FTW395 said:
Damn really hoped MUI would actually be stronger than Jiren, the preview definitely makes it look that way.
Lol reminds me of the 121 preview, where vegeta has the upper hand and people were going insane. The previews always tries to make our main characters look good.

Ovrhide said:
Lol reminds me of the 121 preview, where vegeta has the upper hand and people were going insane. The previews always tries to make our main characters look good.
Can you quit the Jiren wank now pal?

Anyone's videos should never be frowned upon just because it's from a specific person. It's the content which matters. Sometimes his content is accurate and good, sometimes it's not and he says some shit which triggers others. Simple.

The video should be evaluated and not the youtuber.

Yes, some of his content is really good, but he tends to wank dbs characters quite a bit. And he has a very lasrge ego, but that doesn't mean the guy should be hated. In terms of power, he knows were dbs characters stand compared to each other

Goku in DBS:

> Gets a new transformation hyped up as a deity form. Still loses to Beerus.

> Gets another new transformation which surpasses the power of Super Saiyan God. Still weaker than Frieza who trained only for 4 months.

> Brings back kaioken and stacks KKx10 on SSB, looks amazing with 2 auras. Still loses to Hitto.

> Gets another pseudo transformation, hyped up to be on the level of GoDs. Still loses to Jiren.

> Gets another transformation hyped up to be stronger than GoDs. Still loses to Jiren.

The only time adult Goku got a transformation and won was SSJ1 against Freeza. Damn the plot armor is reverse with this one.

i love this reverse logic lol instead of winning he ALWAYS loses

Yeah.

And, to make matters worse, this Tourney is dragging way, way out in comparison to Hit vs Goku, so we can't easily forgive it.

Yeah but need I remind you that the U6 vs U7 tourney only had like 9-10 combatants compared to the 80 we had here.

Means that they'll have tto wrap everything up in like half an episode, wonder how they're gonna do that.

FTW395 said:
Means that they'll have tto wrap everything up in like half an episode, wonder how they're gonna do that.
Unless they end on a cliffhanger, then they'll have an entire movie to wrap things up.

He will be the coolest survivor even in the most difficult of situations - Opening, remember that. I think Toei is making Goku seem like he is out and he may come back to the Ring by some mean.

As much of a stupid asspull as it is, Goku and Jiren being able to bypass the rules of the Tournament of Power through sheer strength would be so badass lol

Ovrhide said:
Yes, some of his content is really good, but he tends to wank dbs characters quite a bit. And he has a very lasrge ego, but that doesn't mean the guy should be hated. In terms of power, he knows were dbs characters stand compared to each other
He isn't a 'DBZ wanker', contrary to popular belief. He actually debunked some videos in which DB wins or has the upper hand, saying that DB wouldn't win. I agree with the ego and attitude part.

I always took SSJ2 being a mere two times multiplier to be total nonsense given how big of a deal the form was treated as, how much of an advantage it gave Gohan over Cell despite the initial massive gap in power, and the grades between SSJ1 and SSJ2.

I knew someone who argued that SSJ2 is at least a 10x multiplier based on the fact that Cell managed to casually create 7 or so Cell Jr's each comparable to MSSJ, without much physical toll, then Gohan solos them.

Basically, the idea is Perfect Cell is roughly 10x MSSJ Goku at the time.

over the ssj2 thing, i thought (when i saw it first time) that the boost from ss2 was the same grade 3 gave over ssj but without the speed and power maintenance problems, i saw that youtube video, not sure if that trunks got 10x boost as grade 3 over grade 1/2 should be counted as anything, but the way gohan was being beaten to how it was reversed it could never be just for a 2x boost.

I never got how Grade 2, Grade 3 and MSSJ could be such tiny multipliers that SSJ2 (which is stronger than MSSJ) could be a mere 2x multiplier from the first grade SSJ.

Also there's again the way Gohan turned the tables on Cell with SSJ2.

well, those grades were all forgotten and never mentioned after cell saga, so most people forgot they exist, knowing toryiama he forgot too, thus in his mind x2 seems alright.

Again power levels aren't linear so it's perfectly possible.

Let's say SSJ2 Gohan is 2,600 and Perfect Cell is 3,200. Quite a big gap by DBZ standards but then SSJ2 Gohan is now 4,800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back