• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball cosmology revision: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop with this topics please. We aren't here to start the same dance.
This topic is about revision of cosmology, the cosmology of DB has not changed, but the interpretation imposed on DB is wrong, so this should be resolved as soon as possible, the better the cosmology is worked on, the less wrong things will exist and we will not need more threads to update cosmology, that's what I intend lol

This topic is about revision of cosmology, the cosmology of DB has not changed, but the interpretation imposed on DB is wrong, so this should be resolved as soon as possible, the better the cosmology is worked on, the less wrong things will exist and we will not need more threads to update cosmology, that's what I intend lol
yes, about it being low 2-c or not, high 3-A stuff is not even in the op at all and is derailing

the reason out for the discussion rule is wrong as the daizenshuu isn’t contradicted since it refers to sections/areas still used in the dbs manga for Zamasu I can’t find the exact scan though we can atleast figure out if it’s valid or not and if it’s not valid then we’ll add a new discussion rule that’s better

the reason out for the discussion rule is wrong as the daizenshuu isn’t contradicted since it refers to sections/areas still used in the dbs manga for Zamasu I can’t find the exact scan though we can atleast figure out if it’s valid or not and if it’s not valid then we’ll add a new discussion rule that’s better
yes, there is evidence of this, said in the work itself about the sectors, now I ask a question, how can sectors be a refutation for the Universe of DB being infinite? Guide at no time contracted the work, it only helps to clarify things more, it still works the same

Zamasu's comment explaining

https://vsbattles.com/threads/question-about-dragon-ball-universe-size.133453/post-4613067

DB only has four Galaxies 😵‍💫

if you believe that it is wrong make a thread for it later, this thread is about the tier 2 stuff, the high 3-A stuff is derailing

Yes, agreed. Let's drop this topic please.
Wouldn't the current discussions rules be impeding progress on the Cosmology blog? I feel like it will be used unfairly as a weapon against the cosmology blog. I think for this one time it should be an exception because this could cosmology blog could be seen as the blog to end all DB Cosmology debates until new information is given with the currently on going story.

Also sorry for any poor phrasing here, or if my point i was trying to get across wasn't made clear. I'm recovering from a super bad cold and colds are especially bad for me because of a medical condition i have.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the current discussions rules be impeding progress on the Cosmology blog? I feel like it will be used unfairly as a weapon against the cosmology blog. I think for this one time it should be an exception because this could cosmology blog could be seen as the blog to end all DB Cosmology debates until new information is given with the currently on going story.

Also sorry for any proof phrasing here, or my point i was trying to get across wasn't made clear. I'm recovering from a super bad cold and colds are especially bad for me because of a medical condition i have.
We have seen and already know all the arguements for high 3A universe but regardless if it has to be this time I would like to end things fast as this topic has been going over for quite long. So I want to ask the staff members present here.

Should the topic high 3A Universe be discussed here or we should move on based off extensive discussion of pasts?

Also sorry for any poor phrasing here, or if my point i was trying to get across wasn't made clear. I'm recovering from a super bad cold and colds are especially bad for me because of a medical condition i have.
I also think this should be discussed and all loose ends closed at once, there are so many rules imposed in DB that no other verse has, we should also discuss about the afterlife where it is a higher dimension and has different space-time

I also think this should be discussed and all loose ends closed at once, there are so many rules imposed in DB that no other verse has
multiple verses have multiple discussion rules applied to them, db is not an exeption

, we should also discuss about the afterlife where it is a higher dimension and has different space-time
no we shouldn't, the afterlife different space time/higher dimension talk was also brought up numerous times in the past, even in the last thread, this thread is about the low 2-C rating specifically, if you want to make a thread about it make a thread for it later, since it is derailing in this one

multiple verses have multiple discussion rules applied to them, db is not an exeption

no we shouldn't, the afterlife different space time/higher dimension talk was also brought up numerous times in the past, even in the last thread, this thread is about the low 2-C rating specifically, if you want to make a thread about it make a thread for it later, since it is derailing in this one
why do you feel so bothering?

As a reminder to everyone, guidebooks and statements cannot be used without any support from the original source material.
but the guide itself supports the work, in the manga and anime there are also quotes of the existence of countless galaxies and stars, and none of the mention of the guides is contracted, everything there is by Akira toriyama, so does that mean that the Akira toriyama guides themselves are just for decoration? I think this is very wrong, several works use guides to further level up his cosmology, such as Bleach and others, but there is so much evidence, and Akira toriyama's own signature, but we cannot use

Per the current discussion rules,
  • We do not use the Daizenshuu (and previously released guides based on Daizenshuu) as a reliable source to determine Universe 7's size because many claims regarding its size and structure, such as the existence of four galaxies, or them existing infinitely, the universe being infinite, the heaven being infinite, etc. have been found contradictory, as discussed in several threads. However, the cosmology is subject to change if we get reliable information from new anime episodes, movies, manga chapters, and/or official guidebooks.
If there is something from the manga that is expanded upon in a guide, that would be more beneficial.

but the guide itself supports the work, in the manga and anime there are also quotes of the existence of countless galaxies and stars, and none of the mention of the guides is contracted, everything there is by Akira toriyama, so does that mean that the Akira toriyama guides themselves are just for decoration? I think this is very wrong, several works use guides to further level up his cosmology, such as Bleach and others, but there is so much evidence, and Akira toriyama's own signature, but we cannot use
most verses use guides as support, they cannot be the only evidence, the manga has priority over akira himself, whatever he says has less value than the series itself

Per the current discussion rules,
  • We do not use the Daizenshuu (and previously released guides based on Daizenshuu) as a reliable source to determine Universe 7's size because many claims regarding its size and structure, such as the existence of four galaxies, or them existing infinitely, the universe being infinite, the heaven being infinite, etc. have been found contradictory, as discussed in several threads. However, the cosmology is subject to change if we get reliable information from new anime episodes, movies, manga chapters, and/or official guidebooks.
If there is something from the manga that is expanded upon in a guide, that would be more beneficial.
this business of four galaxies is a misinterpretation that AKM made, these are sectors, in every work these sectors are mentioned as Northern Galaxy and among others, this is easily refuted by itself, How is this contradictory to the work? So is it said the same?

this business of four galaxies is a misinterpretation that AKM made, these are sectors, in every work these sectors are mentioned as Northern Galaxy and among others, this is easily refuted by itself, How is this contradictory to the work? So is it said the same?
hermes was contacted during these threads and they said that it could translate either way

hermes was contacted during these threads and they said that it could translate either way
The size of being stated to be "at least the size of our universe." Changes the context of the guidebook scan to mean "galaxies" and "sectors" that's hpw yhe Japanese language works context changes the meaning of a sentence. Ran into this several times with Saint Seiya

none of those say infinite tho, the toei stuff is non canon and would not aply to the main canon, and i am pretty sure the fact that the universe is said to have a border disqualify any infinity statement whatsoever
the madman, is having an edge a reason to disable the verse from being infinite? I can cite several that have edges and are shaped like balls, but I will not go into question, the Universe does not have an edge refutes to be infinite, my friend.

none of those say infinite tho, the toei stuff is non canon and would not aply to the main canon, and i am pretty sure the fact that the universe is said to have a border disqualify any infinity statement whatsoever
Infinity can reasonably have an end/edge. its if a tier 1-A verse that uses advanced mathmatics is when it get would probably get sketch with it.

Source below:

If you continue to study this subject you will find the idea of different sizes of infinity like ℵ0 (aleph-null), ℵ1 (aleph-one) and the Continuum.

The discussion rule can be removed if you can prove the reasoning for it is wrong which I think a staff said when Luffy made a questions and answer thread a while back
yeah the guide literally mentions that a galaxy is a denomination used by the gods for sections of the universe and these NSEW quadrants are still used in the dbs manga which proves that in the guide it’s talking about sections of the universe for example when Broly was shown destroying a galaxy and Goku was still able to teleport to the “Southern Galaxy” because it’s merely a section of the universe and a
i meant in the sense of 3D space, if it is infinite 3D space, then it wouldn't have an end, in some specific cases maybe, but it would need too much context
The dimensional walls seperate each realm spatially and in the toei anime spatiotemporally and travel between the universes aren’t possible plus infinite can have an edge and be crossed in various verses

The discussion rule can be removed if you can prove the reasoning for it is wrong which I think a staff said when Luffy made a questions and answer thread a while back
yeah, but the point is that this is not the thread for that, this is for the tier 2 things and nothing more, create another thread if you want to remove the rule and deal with the tier 3 shenanigans, this thread has nothing to do with that

yeah, but the point is that this is not the thread for that, this is for the tier 2 things and nothing more, create another thread if you want to remove the rule and deal with the tier 3 shenanigans, this thread has nothing to do with that
in fact, the topic has already been discussed and now they are blogging about cosmology, all that happens here is a review on cosmology, there is no need to create a new topic.

yeah the guide literally mentions that a galaxy is a denomination used by the gods for sections of the universe and these NSEW quadrants are still used in the dbs manga which proves that in the guide it’s talking about sections of the universe for example when Broly was shown destroying a galaxy and Goku was still able to teleport to the “Southern Galaxy” because it’s merely a section of the universe and a

The dimensional walls seperate each realm spatially and in the toei anime spatiotemporally and travel between the universes aren’t possible plus infinite can have an edge and be crossed in various verses
Yes, for that very reason that four galaxies in DB should cease to exist, the rule was imposed in a misinterpretation.

in fact, the topic has already been discussed and now they are blogging about cosmology, all that happens here is a review on cosmology, there is no need to create a new topic.
it was discussed in past with the exact same points that are being brought up now, what happened here and in the last thread was all about tier 2, tier is irrelevant and was never the point of any of the threads and it is thus just derail, if you believe the points that affect tier 3 are valid, organized them, write an explanation, then create a new thread focusing on it instead of convoluting it with the tier 2 stuff

This thread is being used to make a cosmology blog that Ant requested and Fire made so the topic of the thread rn is the cosmology making this important
it was discussed in past with the exact same points that are being brought up now, what happened here and in the last thread was all about tier 2, tier is irrelevant and was never the point of any of the threads and it is thus just derail, if you believe the points that affect tier 3 are valid, organized them, write an explanation, then create a new thread focusing on it instead of convoluting it with the tier 2 stuff
that can be done but this is the right topic for this thread since that affects the cosmology

Edit: Even if infinite universe isn’t valid better justification as to why would make topics like this less likely to happen in the future as well

Last edited:
This thread is being used to make a cosmology blog that Ant requested and Fire made so the topic of the thread rn is the cosmology making this important
The tier 2 part of it yes, the tier 3 part is irrelevant for this and the other threads

that can be done but this is the right topic for this thread since that affects the cosmology
No it isn't since this thread has nothing to do with the size of universe, it is completely irrelevant for this topic

Edit: Even if infinite universe isn’t valid better justification as to why would make topics like this less likely to happen in the future as well
Still better to do another thread focused on it

The tier 2 part of it yes, the tier 3 part is irrelevant for this and the other threads

No it isn't since this thread has nothing to do with the size of universe, it is completely irrelevant for this topic

Still better to do another thread focused on it
The cosmology blog needs to have everything about it related to the db cosmology it’s a cosmology blog ant requested making a cosmology blog and this is what is being discussed there was a cosmology blog draft made by an admin Fire which included the infinite universe arguments so we’re now currently discussing it since we are making a cosmology blog that will include everything about the cosmology and it’s sizes multiple staff and ant talked about making a cosmology blog in near of the end of page 1 and beginnings of page 2 you can check it again if you want but we’re Making a cosmology blog so yes infinite universe is important

edit: Something being discussed many times doesn’t mean it was wrong an example of this is the db toei having multiple space times inside of it being rejected but then becoming accepted and plus the reasons for infinite universe not being accepted are wrong so if infinite universe is found to be wrong we can create a new reason why making a stronger reason why it’s rejected

I think it's better in that case for firestorm to complete his blog and then put it for evaluation. In that case it'll be fine. If any staff member will have any problem they can speak of that. I think it'll be upgrade for manga characters rather than anime ones as they already tier 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back