• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FC/OC's Most Skilled

This ''is'' focusing on more martial skill. If we were bringing up magic stuff I wouldn't be bothering with Raphael. Valev's precog is ''really'' good though.

Promestein said:
This is focusing on more martial skill. If we were bringing up magic stuff I wouldn't be bothering with Raphael. Valev's precog is really good though.
As for pure martial skill, I could go on for a while about all the things he can stab, but in the end it's an utterly absurd end game of, to his own eyes,

Martial arts, techniques, etc. have stopped mattering. To take another war quote - Prussian Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke the Elder speaks that "No plan survives first contact with the enemy." and Valev purely agrees. Any formalized martial arts or overall strategy is utterly useless against an unknown enemy of his caliber - 'martial arts' are simply categories of hand to hand combat in The Lord's eyes. Even if you have every conceivable martial arts, you're missing out on the in between, or the techniques that blend them together. Overall, utterly worthless.

What's more important is to have the raw skill capability to completely adapt and react to any given opposing strategy or techniques not by any named martial arts or strategy, but by just being really, really ******* good. He understands not martial arts, but the entire wheel of techniques related to hand-to-hand combat that he can master, and applies it in conjunction with analyzing any and all possible weaknesses in his being and stance to secure absolute victory.

Some Isaiah Heisei skill feats:

1. Guessed the exact projectory of 3 magic projectile attacks based on the person's personality and other physical features. Along with guessing the magic ability it self based on past-knowledge.

2. Created an entire sword style made to contradict and be better than the style of Neptunia's (Who is a sword supergenius with her own set of extreme feats (Which ill make a profile for in the near future. But for now one of her feats is destroying a precoging, time stopping, swordsman with a butter knife, stating it was the easiest fight she had in a while.)) within under 70 seconds of fighting her.

3. Despite only training in martial arts for just under 2 and a half years, he has matched the skill of a serious Sausha Violin who completely stomps every other martial artist in Utropia including those who are able to no-hit the best real world martial artist. He is also capable of fighting with Vandala who can alter themselves to be "the most skilled being possible".

4. His sword style became so advanced that it couldn't be copied by Vanadala (Who is god in the universe), along with many of his magic techniques. Skilled enough to cut between atoms sub-conciously. While seriously drunk he can fight on par with Neptunia using his own sword style.

5. Can precog people in close combat due to his martial arts/sword skill and experience. (Does not work on those extremely skilled such as Neptunia or Sausha)

6. His instincts (guesses) are so accurate people believe him to be omniscient, and are even sometimes scared of him.

I think that's all i can name without going into feats which are held up by his other powers (Which there are a lot of) he uses consistently during combat.

Not sure if he makes it on the list but either way worth the try.

Looks a bit like he'd be on Arrogance's level or so.

I dunno about Valev. Probably above that level, but at that point you get into skill bullshit taken from like Sasaki and Yagyu and shit, so.

Yeah i think he's maybe a bit above Arrogance or even Flare? Based on what's on their profile. Not sure if Smash had any other skill feats for them outside of the profile though. As with Flare nothing really hit me from their intelligence section aside from them bassically being god at the whip-sword. (Haven't read this entire thread)

Other than that he's def not with Tset and the other's up there. Theres a HUGE skill gap from Arrogance/Flare to Tset.

Flare beat a skill embodiment god

No clue what that would mean but sounds like a bullshit level skill feat lol, perfection.

I bumped it off because I wasn't sure how to handle it. If we're just gonna give high rankings to any skill god the top 10 will be really boring really fast, discounting the issues as to these skill gods' feats and level of existence

My opinion on that kinda thing is basically this:

Fighting someone who scales to said god, assuming they are the concept of skill, would scale to that god within their own verse

Fighting the god themselves would be fighting the concept of skill that now contains your own

At the same time, the "being the concept of skill" stuff kinda ***** up the list because they automatically beat anyone who isn't similar by definition alone, so meh.

I focus more on acrobatics cause i'm showing they aren't linear. Both offensive and defensive they wouldn't be easy to beat. Not just slash, block, slash block, x1000 (Sometimes to make life easier). Like when Athena kicked off her shield doing a backflip to block an attack from the front, while also trying to land on the person behind her with her backflip. Or dodign a decapitation by doing a backflip with your hands and pulling their away with your foot as you finish.

Just showing they aren't linear, and can move from any position. The basic stuff doesn't land in my verse unless there is a speed advantage or someone slips up i guess. They can fight without being flashy, but if stats are the same it would probably stalemate. The acrobatic stuff makes them hard to read, cause at any position, they can move. Like if someone came at Remia from the front and the back, let's say she blocks the first guy but he somehow grabs her arm or swords preventing her from defending from the back, she can just jump up, catch the sword from the guy behind her with her feet and flip him over or something. So it's not just to be fancy and entertaining, but it does show valid skill, if every character is not linear like that.

It just gives them that flexibility. Not saying her way would be the only way of dealing with that situation. i guess it's about being hard to read. The goal is to hit your opponent. So you try to be as mixy as possible in order to achieve that. That's why they would all be doing spins in between slashes, doing backflips, front flips, tkd kicks, etc. It won't be as simple as block this dodge that (Unless you are faster), cause they do a lot of crazy shit you gotta watch out for. And obvsiously this stuff is not easy to do, requires massive skill to do these in a fight. Especially doing it perfectly at that. That's why it's not done irl. I wanna see someone jump off a shield to block from the front while doing a backflip mid air, to try and land on someone's head behind them. That requires strict timing, precision and awareness. That's why i care about mostly that. Timing cause you have to do it right, precision cause you can't be off by even the slightest, and the awareness that you even have to do it this way, exactly like this, in this little time. It def takes supernatural skill to do any of the things i listed.

It's not the same as any of the stuff listed in the top 10 as of right now, though. It's not even close.

I mean, y'all can do whatever y'all want. I also saw a lot of magical feats and stuff that had nothing to do with skill at all. But i just let people do whatever they want. If i cared about actually bs'ing i would just use Athena, whose only purposely is to be an untouchable fighting embodiment.

Lilith, lets say everyone was the same tier, no powers, had nothing but their fist, but had the same skill the creators described them to have. And then they were to fight each other.

The character you just described would get stomped, which is why you aren't getting on the list.

What are you talking about. I said before i don't care about anything people do on here. I just explained something, and that's it. I'm not nominating anything. cause proving something to certain people is an utter waste of time. "Which is why you aren't getting on the list". You're assuming that i want to and that i care. Literally nothing in that post says nominate me plz.

(Sorry but your tone/word choice literally says "Im salty")

Im going to end this conversation here :D

Yeah gonna follow up and say Athena couldn't get Top 10 unless it was by default.

"Lilith, lets say everyone was the same tier, no powers, had nothing but their fist, but had the same skill the creators described them to have. And then they were to fight each other"

That's hilarious cause i was the only one who even listed descriptive martial arts fighting feats, while others are "I'm very fast", "I use magic that has nothing to do with skill", "Muh experience dawg", or "Skill but does tell you who would win in a fight feat". So you actually just destroyed your own point by using me as an example. Amazing. Also Athena is not nominated...

Your salt really isn't contributing to the thread so take it elsewhere

Your descriptive martial arts feats are literal suicide. Jump kicks and swirls in the air utterly obliterate your defensive capabilities and leave you with no bodily control. Anyone smarter than an ant could stab you in the face.

I don't see how making it unnecessarily harder to ward off attacks or counter them is an optimal play regardless of your skill level.

At best you could say that she's doing it to mess with everyone else because she's so far above them that she can get away with it.

I mean said characters are really good at fighting so, basic techniques like punch, kick, left right hook, or slash, thrust, slash. They are already used to. That's why if stat equal, most of my characters would stalemate if they fight in a basic way. That being said, it's all about the mix ups. It's never done for no reason, skill in my verse is mix ups, timing, and precision, and awareness. There have been times where i show people clashing for at superspeed only for nothing to happen. Cause the basic stuff is easy for them to deal with. Unless blitzed. You have to find ways to get past their defense. That's what all of that crazy stuff is for. You think it's as simple as, do something fancy and get killed, but that never happens. They can process things in little time. So if they doing something crazy, they are considering what window the person has to counter attack. It's not thrown out at any time or just to make stuff hard. They are considering when it is appropriate, what benefit could they get from doing this. Like taking note of their sword position, or distance between them and that person. What this person's body position or weapon is along with this distance, makes them able to do. And they aren't really wasting time thinking, its just like understanding. They have trillions of experience in GG. That stuff is nature. They are taking note of things instantly in a fight. Like when a different Athena did that move with her shield, she was considering in her head, both Remia and Sigrun. What they were doing, what time she had, the distance, body positions, what she can do. And it's not literally thinking, they aren't wasting time, it's like understanding. Like a fighting game. I dont be thinking, but i understand, and react according to the information on my screen. So like that. They are aware of how dangerous these techniques can be, but it's never done without understanding. Usually its done as a counter

These 'crazy things' are suicide and anyone on this list would simply stab them while they're trying to mix break dancing and combat.

Suicidal tactics are suicidal tactics, fiction doesn't change that. This entire list stomps them because they are suicidal.

Yikes. I forgot the people on both sites are full of morons lol. You didn't read a damn thing. I guess i expected too much because it's not vsb, but the people that be on vsb be on here lmao. I tried, i just can't. Both sites are full of hive mind, more people agree to this so it must be true, bs. Mori might actually be the dumbest person on both sites. I thought Gargoyle one, or Schnee One now, but you def take the cake. You ignore any evidence or information provided, as if you are incapable of understanding what it is you are reading. Just being real, most anime fans are stupid. And in my experience that's def true. I see why people roast that site, it's because it's full of idiots, wankers, hypocrisy, and fallacies. All of the smart people were the people banned on that discord server. Literally anyone else is braindead. I gave this site a chance, but then i realized it's infested as well. Note to self, anything to do with vsb, don't get on it. I learned my mistake if people can't understand the most basic shit. i just can't deal with people that can't 2+2. It's hard not to have an ego when i'm around people like this. Btw, i have dirt on like a few staff members on vsb, so at any time, i can chaos a little chaos. If people have a problem they can contact me. Im not being a part of a hive mind.

Im saying ban me, dumb bitch! :)

DemonGoddessLiltih said:
Yikes. I forgot the people on both sites are full of morons lol. You didn't read a damn thing. I guess i expected too much because it's not vsb, but the people that be on vsb be on here lmao. I tried, i just can't. Both sites are full of hive mind, more people agree to this so it must be true, bs. Mori might actually be the dumbest person on both sites. I thought Gargoyle one, or Schnee One now, but you def take the cake. You ignore any evidence or information provided, as if you are incapable of understanding what it is you are reading. Just being real, most anime fans are stupid. And in my experience that's def true. I see why people roast that site, it's because it's full of idiots, wankers, hypocrisy, and fallacies. All of the smart people were the people banned on that discord server. Literally anyone else is braindead. I gave this site a chance, but then i realized it's infested as well. Note to self, anything to do with vsb, don't get on it. I learned my mistake if people can't understand the most basic shit. i just can't deal with people that can't 2+2. It's hard not to have an ego when i'm around people like this. Btw, i have dirt on like a few staff members on vsb, so at any time, i can chaos a little chaos. If people have a problem they can contact me. Im not being a part of a hive mind.
Im saying ban me, dumb bitch! :)
ok boomer

The most stunningly convincing argument - "Yikes, you are dumb."

Truly, my argument has been demolished in the utmost manner of unparalleled intelligence.

I concede, and ask that Promestein ban me from FCOC and VSBW and even life itself for my indiscretions.

So, where were we?

Making Spike #0 on the list, obviously.

Moritzva said:
The most stunningly convincing argument - "Yikes, you are dumb."
Truly, my argument has been demolished in the utmost manner of unparalleled intelligence.

I concede, and ask that Promestein ban me from FCOC and VSBW and even life itself for my indiscretions.
As you wish
Han

Promestein said:
It's the only way to be accurate.
Flare's on there now, but I dunno how outskilling a skill embodiment that doesn't necessarily have any insane skill feats to scale to compares to rp bullshit
It's entirely possible it doesn't cause RP bullshit is always yikes, but DD's feats, or at least her shown ones, are your standard "army-soloing" stuff. Skill is really hard to quantify, lol.

Bump.

Also, maybe it would help to clarify the definition of 'skill'.

Skill is the abiity to do something with expertise, and in this context, that would be fighting. By that definition, strategy would definitely apply, no? Non-conventional abilities such as great at adapting to fighting styles and great for finding ways out of circumstances would, definitionally, be skill. After all, being the best swordsman doesn't mean much if you have the battlefield planning and positional awareness of a 2 year old.

... characters such as Ethan or Valev seem to suffer from the non-definition a tad.

That's true. I'll adjust the op

I'd specify that 'strategy' should only apply on-the-spot strategy rather than prep time or anything similar. Basically, the ability to figure out a method to defeat an opponent whilst fighting them.

(I dunno if any spots actually change, though. Arrogance is just going to take Ethan's spot, being better than him, and while Valev got his spot purely off of skill and not based on his utterly nutty improv/strategy, which is arguably monumentally higher... The two people above are VSBWRP, so. I'd like thoughts on that)

Mastema and Raphael would probably share a slot

Back