• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frisk's INV

I would've thought the invincibility frames counted as just game mechanics... Although I suppose a piece of equipment and Sans's attacks bring it into being a real ability. You should probably contact a few Knowledgeable Members around the Undertale verse to see what they think.

I think the main debate would be around the mechanics of the two powers. If the attack passes through Frisk, it's Intangibility. If it hits Frisk but he takes no damage, it's Invulnerability. Regardless of the specifics, both of them mean the character is immune to attacks for a moment so little is changed anyhow.

It's known as invincibility frames, which Sans removes to do 1 damage per frame. Despite it's name though, we clearly see attacks simply move through the soul. It's simply called invincibility because they can't get hurt during it, but it isn't the definition of invincibility used here, and should still be counted as temporary intangibility.

@Rinneltachi Its actually Temporary Invincibility, which we do use here.

Invincibility that lasts indefinitely/forever is Invulnerability in general and I don't really think temporary Intangibility is actually a thing tho.

So should the page be updated then?

Temporary intangibility can be a thing. Ask any character who can phase.

But uh, OP seems fine.

@GyroNutz Yet somehow we don't really call it that in any of the profile pages that I seen here before since it's just Phasing in general. Not to mention that almost all (or if not every) characters never actually even explains any time limit how long they can be able to phase and we would consider that as temporary power-loss, which is a common type of weakness a character may have.

Back