• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[GRAND FINALS] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Asuna vs Leaf Girl (REMATCH)

Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Asuna

Adventurers Tournament Arc5
Leaf GirlVirtual Tournament Arc0
Inconclusive0
And so, the tourney which first opened up on February 24th has finally reached it's ultimate match, the Grand Finals, on May the 5th. It's been 71 days, and it's been an amazing time all the way through! The tourney has been a great success with only a little but of drama involved (hopefully we minimize this next time). With that said, I'm going to unveil this now: my next tourney shall be a "Country Class" tourney! Specifics still being finalized, but expect the general tiers to be 6-B and/or High 6-B, possibly allowing Low 6-B as well. Like this tourney, the rules will be susceptible to changes but rules for hax will be a little less strict due to higher tiers being involved. However, time for the actual battle.

We have on one side, the favorite, Asuna Kamakura. On the way here, she defeated Accelerator, Spagmatron, Haruka, and Leaf Girl in the semis. She avoided the loser's bracket entirely. Although she had extremely close calls with Spagmatron, she's in position to be the champion.

On the other side, the underdog, Leaf Girl. On the way here, she defeated SS Sonic, Finn the Human, Maka Albarn, and Cinner. Her first match vs Asuna was a loss which forced her into the loser's bracket where she advanced past Loser's Grand Finals in a close one against Cinner.

Now, I'm sure everyone is wondering what the prize for being champion is. I never revealed it until right now, so, here it is: The winner shall receive a message of praise from myself describing their awesomeness in the main tourney thread as well as a cameo in V. Verse in the form of their story being a manga in the verse, where it will be thoroughly enjoyed by the characters of V. Verse who love anime. Whoever wins, if you wanna know what various V. Verse characters think of your story/character's in general just DM me.

As always, 40 meters starting distance with equal speed.

Both at 7-A. And may the strongest character win!

Last edited:
The winner shall receive a message of praise from myself describing their awesomeness in the main tourney thread as well as a cameo in V. Verse in the form of their story being a manga in the verse, where it will be thoroughly enjoyed by the characters of V. Verse who love anime.
NO! NO! NO!
DANG IT! DANG IT!
WHY COULDN'T I FINISHED BOB WHY! I COULD'VE GOTTEN THIS AWESOME REWARD!!!

F-LIKzqbgAE1W8B.jpg

Correct. What countermeasures does Asuna have to Leaf Girl's constant draining of the former's will?
Well, several, actually, i'll explain em briefly. Asuna can't outright resist it i don't think, but it certainly won't be the end of her, nor would it do much to her, like with cinner, for these reasons (Will try to keep it short):

1. Asuna's supernatural willpower can help ensure that she won't give up so quickly nor easily. Being able to live with fatal injuries like they aren't there is an insane amount of will stockpiled up.

2. Asuna has resisted things that 'drain' willpower before, Like in The Dark Forest (Vol 1 Chapter 3) which can cause even experienced adventurers to go insane within minutes, so much so that the strange armless man that asuna and shizu encountered whilst exploring said he would rather die at that point. (He had no willpower left, which was why he couldn't heal his severed arm in that scene with healing magic) whilst the three of them could go for much more extended periods of time in there without any issues (I say three, because kianna was there, but she's kind of an irrelevant child character, lol, but in case you are wondering, she didn't go crazy there since asuna and shizu were protecting her, and the former encouraged her through some Leadership-Type Social influencing, though she was still scared s**tless) So asuna has already encountered something fairly similar and had no problems against it.

3. Negate may or may not work against the will draining, depends if it's defined as a seperate "Skill" or Magical ability.

4. It's implied that the will drain doesn't work outside of leaf girls' range, so even if asuna was affected by it, she can get some distance and continue to fight just as well outside of leaf girls' range to escape from it, and leaf girl couldn't do much to get around this if that's the route asuna decides to take, AKA, taking advantage of her opponents' disadvantages (Asuna can counter the gravity anchor, ironically, but unless that's brought up i won't bring up my thoughts on that, since this post is long enough already.)

Where’s the epic
Im at school so i might not be able to post it rn, but i'm working on it, just had to move the debate a lil

I'm planning to do 3 'scenes' and the second will prolly be the longest because of that one crazy part in the middle of will of the drill, which i have a lot of ideas for. I'm halfway done with the first one already though, don't worry 👍

Im at school so i might not be able to post it rn, but i'm working on it, just had to move the debate a lil

I'm planning to do 3 'scenes' and the second will prolly be the longest because of that one crazy part in the middle of will of the drill, which i have a lot of ideas for. I'm halfway done with the first one already though, don't worry 👍
Can you include Javen from SS pls 🙏

Asuna's supernatural willpower can help ensure that she won't give up so quickly nor easily. Being able to live with fatal injuries like they aren't there is an insane amount of will stockpiled up.
Which as I've stated, in that case that's just an endless heal for Leaf Girl that restores her health from the verge of death to good as new in seconds.
Asuna has resisted things that 'drain' willpower before, Like in The Dark Forest (Vol 1 Chapter 3) which can cause even experienced adventurersa to go insane within minutes, so much so that the strange armless man that asuna and shizu encountered whilst exploring said he would rather die at that point. (He had no willpower left, which was why he couldn't heal his severed arm in that scene with healing magic) whilst the three of them could go for much more extended periods of time in there without any issues (I say three, because kianna was there, but she's kind of an irrelevant child character, lol, but in case you are wondering, she didn't go crazy there since asuna and shizu were protecting her, and the former encouraged her through some Leadership-Type Social influencing, though she was still scared s**tless) So asuna has already encountered something fairly similar and had no problems against it.
That sounds more like Resistance to Madness Manipulation than resistance to will draining.
Negate may or may not work against the will draining, depends if it's defined as a seperate "Skill" or Magical ability.
It should be, but if Asuna decides to use Negate on will draining, would she be able to simultaneously use it on Leaf Girl's other abilities?
It's implied that the will drain doesn't work outside of leaf girls' range, so even if asuna was affected by it, she can get some distance and continue to fight just as well outside of leaf girls' range to escape from it, and leaf girl couldn't do much to get around this if that's the route asuna decides to take, AKA, taking advantage of her opponents' disadvantages (Asuna can counter the gravity anchor, ironically, but unless that's brought up i won't bring up my thoughts on that, since this post is long enough already.)
Ambush Anchor go brrrrr

I don't see resistance to gravity manip on Asuna's profile. How does she counter this? Getting away from Leaf Girl would just be begging for her to set up layers of barriers all around her, which I've explained numerous times has durability far above anything Asuna can dish out.

It does sound like Asuna’s supernatural willpower will let Leaf Girl heal better. The reason this didn’t work with Cinner was his resistance to such draining, but I don’t think Asuna resists Empathetic Manipulation but rather Madness Manipulation. Nullifying that also leaves her dealing with the Danmaku, though maybe her teleportation can cover that.

It does sound like Asuna’s supernatural willpower will let Leaf Girl heal better. The reason this didn’t work with Cinner was his resistance to such draining, but I don’t think Asuna resists Empathetic Manipulation but just Madness Manipulation. And nullifying that still has her dealing with the Danmaku, though maybe her teleportation can cover that.
Yeah Javen (SS) could resist the draining too.

Which as I've stated, in that case that's just an endless heal for Leaf Girl that restores her health from the verge of death to good as new in seconds.
Yeah, that's true, but the only difference is that it won't really give leaf girl any advantage, since asuna can also heal instantly at will too without restriction, unlike with cinner, since his regen/healing was comparatively slower. It should also be noted that asuna has a 4.5x AP advantage here right off the bat, and combined with her insane survivability to help against dura neg would make it a lot easier for asuna to take hits, whilst leaf girl would probably have to spend a lot more time on healing because of this.
That sounds more like Resistance to Madness Manipulation than resistance to will draining.
Yeah, but empathic manipulation is commonly associated with mind/madness manipulation, (whatever you wanna call it) which is literally said on it's page, which asuna evidently resists.
Ambush Anchor go brrrrr

I don't see resistance to gravity manip on Asuna's profile. How does she counter this? Getting away from Leaf Girl would just be begging for her to set up layers of barriers all around her, which I've explained numerous times has durability far above anything Asuna can dish out.
Funnily enough, asuna gets away from something extremely similar in chapter 8 (still unreleased rn big sad 😢) where, without spoiling too much, she gets away from a black hole-like ability with mirrored spacetime:
  • Mirrored Spacetime: A Gravity Magic Skill, inspired by chidori, Where asuna flips the spacetime around her in order to cause opponents to fall upwards, confusing and disorienting them.
Which, logically, can be used on herself too, so leaf girl by doing this would only propel asuna away, which is something that asuna can take advantage of (Leaf girls' range is much less than asuna's) meaning asuna could likely stay out of the will drain that way too if it does affect her.

Yeah, but empathic manipulation is commonly associated with mind/madness manipulation, (whatever you wanna call it) which is literally said on it's page, which asuna evidently resists.
And this would be on top of asuna's numerous other ways to avoid the will drain, like fighting well outside leaf girls' range or using negate on it if it becomes that big of a problem.

Where is it said Empathetic and Madness are tied? The most I see is they both can be inflicted by biological means, but that seems like it’d need more specifying to really use. They’re similar but seem too different since madness directly affects the sanity of a target rather than their overall emotional state.

Where is it said Empathetic and Madness are tied? The most I see is they both can be inflicted by biological means, but that seems like it’d need more specifying to really use.
Well, it says it is 'usually associated' with mind manipulation, which is what i was really getting at since asuna can resist it. Since it's a literal willpower drain, i'm very sure leaf girl's ability here wouldn't be much different from what asuna's encountered before

Yeah, that's true, but the only difference is that it won't really give leaf girl any advantage, since asuna can also heal instantly at will too without restriction, unlike with cinner, since his regen/healing was comparatively slower. It should also be noted that asuna has a 4.5x AP advantage here right off the bat, and combined with her insane survivability to help against dura neg would make it a lot easier for asuna to take hits, whilst leaf girl would probably have to spend a lot more time on healing because of this.
Every hit with Hell's Rain multiplies the power of all of Leaf Girl's attacks by 1.5x, and with how packed the bullets are and how many Leaf Girl can dish out in such a short period of time, one mistake could mean Asuna's death.
Just because they're "commonly associated" doesn't mean they're the same thing, especially not in this case, where with how Leaf Girl's will draining works and Asuna's feats of resistance to madness seem quite different.
Funnily enough, asuna gets away from something extremely similar in chapter 8 (still unreleased rn big sad 😢) where, without spoiling too much, she gets away from a black hole-like ability with mirrored spacetime:
  • Mirrored Spacetime: A Gravity Magic Skill, inspired by chidori, Where asuna flips the spacetime around her in order to cause opponents to fall upwards, confusing and disorienting them.
Which, logically, can be used on herself too, so leaf girl by doing this would only propel asuna away, which is something that asuna can take advantage of (Leaf girls' range is much less than asuna's) meaning asuna could likely stay out of the will drain that way too if it does affect her.
Well considering Ambush Anchor's effects increase at an exponential rate and don't stop until Leaf Girl intentionally hits Asuna, which Leaf Girl supposedly can't do in this scenario, wouldn't that just result in both being flung into space never to be seen again?

Back