• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

I've posted links on Yujiro and Baki's profiles for things that were lacking them, but I'll need more time to find the links for intang, and stealth mastery for Yujiro

One more thing I noticed: the description for Yujiro's Power Mimicry is wrong, it's just the panel where his aura shakes the building. If someone could find whatever panel is suppose to be there, that would be great

Btw, should Ogre Physiology include the 30% strength increase from perfect teeth to spine? The whole template thing?

BakiHanma18 said:
One more thing I noticed: the description for Yujiro's Power Mimicry is wrong, it's just the panel where his aura shakes the building. If someone could find whatever panel is suppose to be there, that would be great
Someone must have messed it up while editing him. Pretty sure we were using him copying Xiao Li.

BakiHanma18 said:
Btw, should Ogre Physiology include the 30% strength increase from perfect teeth to spine? The whole template thing?
Can you link this before we talk about it further?

Ahhh, I'll get that panel and fix it

https://s7.mkklcdnv7.com/************/g2/grappler_baki/vol1_chapter_2_start_of_the_finals/14.jpg

https://s7.mkklcdnv7.com/************/g2/grappler_baki/vol1_chapter_2_start_of_the_finals/15.jpg

https://s7.mkklcdnv7.com/************/g2/grappler_baki/vol1_chapter_2_start_of_the_finals/23.jpg

Basically Suedo uses a Template to align his teeth with his spine for a 30% strength increase, but apparently Baki (and likely Yujiro) can do this naturally. It might not be a product of Ogre Physiology, but the facts that Baki is the only one ever mentioned to have this "Perfect Natural Power" and the correlation between a Hanma and skeletal alignment led me to the conclusion that it has to do with Ogre Physiology possibly

Anttron224 said:
He said it was because he takes care of his teeth and goes to the dentist, though.
I thought that that was meant as a joke. Regardless, the tie to Ogre Physiology is just speculation anyway. Me bring this up is more so about Baki gaining a new stat amp (apparently activating it is as simple as biting down)

I'll wait for someone else to agree like Amlad or KG before just up and adding anything, but so far we're looking at Empowerment for Gaia and another stat amp for Baki (btw, 30% is a 1.3x multiplier, so not bad for just clenching his teeth)

NotoriouSoda said:
After looking at it I can say that it's seems good to me.
Both Empowerment and Stat Amp for Gaia and Baki respectively? If so, awesome! If not, what do you disagree with?

TheDoom01 said:
Anyone have a scan that shows Yujiro Instinctive Reaction?
He never uses it in the series, he has it via 13 year old Baki having it and 17 year old Baki saying he's the most skilled person on Earth, Motobe saying he knows all Martial Arts, and his ability to analyze, dissect, and use and martial arts technique he sees (Yujiro having seen Baki use Instinctive Reaction twice so far in the series).

Edit: Although, his Danger Sense may give him Instinctive Reaction just like Baki's does, and we've seen him use Danger Sense against Kaku

BakiHanma18 said:
TheDoom01 said:
Anyone have a scan that shows Yujiro Instinctive Reaction?
He never uses it in the series, he has it via 13 year old Baki having it and 17 year old Baki saying he's the most skilled person on Earth, Motobe saying he knows all Martial Arts, and his ability to analyze, dissect, and use and martial arts technique he sees (Yujiro having seen Baki use Instinctive Reaction twice so far in the series).
Edit: Although, his Danger Sense may give him Instinctive Reaction just like Baki's does, and we've seen him use Danger Sense against Kaku
When 13 old Baki uses it? i dont remember

Some minutes ago, i have found a thread that you talk about Baki showing some Instinctive Reaction in chapter 173, but thanks anyway.
Ewqeqweqweqweqw

I think that would be better if someone add more details in Yujiro page like

"Instinctive Reaction (Baki is capable of doing such thing. Yujiro is more skilled than him and knows this)" something like that. Or the 0.5 seconds thing.

I've been adding and shifting things in a few of the profiles recently to help people better understand the current information, as well as bring to everyone's attention a few possible new abilities like Gaia's Empowerment and Baki's stat boost from Perfect Natural Power, so suggestions like this are greatly appreciated

I don't buy that considering what you put it as in the blog. Either way, I'm looking into it, since other pages from the same translation group were really dodgy iirc

Hl3 or bust said:
I don't buy that considering what you put it as in the blog. Either way, I'm looking into it, since other pages from the same translation group were really dodgy iirc
Cool

Hl3 or bust said:
> the "seeing through DNA" scan is used
I could've sworn that was a bad translation
Yeah, I don't think it was literal, otherwise cellular Info Analysis would probably have to be added to the Ogre Physiology page.

Anttron224 said:
Hl3 or bust said:
> the "seeing through DNA" scan is used
I could've sworn that was a bad translation
Yeah, I don't think it was literal, otherwise cellular Info Analysis would probably have to be added to the Ogre Physiology page.
Also, it seems like a pretty major outlier for beginning of NGB to have Yujiro level IA

Fair enough.

In terms of the accuracy of the translation itself, I think I was just overthinking it since it was translated by the same group that officially translated basically all of Grappler Baki as far as I am aware.

Hl3 or bust said:
Fair enough.
In terms of the accuracy of the translation itself, I think I was just overthinking it since it was translated by the same group that officially translated basically all of Grappler Baki as far as I am aware.
That specific language would still be considered an outlier though, right?

Oh definitely, I was reading some Tokyo Revenge and Blade Fist yesterday and some of that stuff is wild. Also likely to include some Garouden feats because it's awesome

Back