• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

There's over 500 pages with the power listed on the site, to modify it to suit your perspective would require to fact check every single page to ensure it fits the new definition, which is a pretty demanding task to say the least, even if I listed all the cases (which is the majority), chances are you'd demand to just modify those pages instead, but turns out I don't have the time to do that as it's a quite large task as I've said before.

I'd rather hear what others think, as this is my stance on the matter.

Maybe we could simply change the gif animation to a draving of regular comic book Doctor Strange projecting his astral form?

In lack of input, I have added the Doctor Strange comic book image to the page in question. If anybody has better suggestions, please mention them here.

I don't think there's a hard limit, but for power pages it's probably better to have gifs/images that show off the ability in a smaller timeframe.

Ok

can we change Power Mimicry and Power Absorption with these two gifs of Power Absorption and Power Mimicry? since I think it is a better representation of power and the image of power absorption does not fully show the result of leaving Ben in his human form

Power Absorption's description:
Extroyer from Max Steel can extract the strength and powers of its rivals, leaving them unable to use that lost power.

Power Mimicry's Description: Morphos' main power consists in instantly replicating the powers of the threat that he is fighting

Last edited:
I think we should change our image and quote from the Law Manipulation page to this which is a much better description

7PZimpqh6r56J5vyKINvqqaGAWzX1zNn5VlsGfUz_H50NqTa2F3w0iglMicL7T8KhFotF6phmf63-Jw3eAx4jc48AoAkZLX1vspuOtxQ2G9Qz2Ls6wLzrsXRiD8mhdhT__vv-ENrWg=s1600

"Solomon as the Grandmaster can alter the laws of physics, magic and the Game/world"
Also bump this, It has not been commented yet by other staff, if this should be used (Apart from KLOL and Zarathustra, both agreed and Ant who is partially disagree)

Those suggestions all seem good, but I'd like other people to weigh in too.

Power Absorption could work but Power Mimicry not that much but if others like it then no problem. Btw, you should mention what character is and from what verse the GIF originate.

I do not think that what happens in the gif animations is very easy to follow, and they also feature much less well-known characters than we prefer to use as examples, as considerably less people will intuitively grasp what is happening.

I think the Power Absorption one is easy to follow; one character takes on the characteristics of another who loses those characteristics. Admittedly the Power Mimicry one is somewhat less so.

I do not think that what happens in the gif animations is very easy to follow, and they also feature much less well-known characters than we prefer to use as examples, as considerably less people will intuitively grasp what is happening.
I mean, we have characters like Lavos in the description of Resistance negation and whatever is in chaos Manipulation, Max Steel is a well-known international franchise.

I'm fine that the gif of power absorption is used

I think the Power Absorption one is easy to follow; one character takes on the characteristics of another who loses those characteristics. Admittedly the Power Mimicry one is somewhat less so.
I do not think that is very clearly displayed and the characters involved are too obscure.
I mean, we have characters like Lavos in the description of Resistance negation and whatever is in chaos Manipulation, Max Steel is a well-known international franchise.

I'm fine that the gif of power absorption is used
The point is that trading down in terms of clarity and notability should be avoided, whereas trading up in these regards is usually welcome.

Hmm. Our current power mimicry image with Mega Man is not very good. It should preferably be replaced with something clearer featuring the same character.

The power absorption image looks pretty good though.

Last edited:
Hmm. Our current power mimicry image featuring Mega Man is not very good. It should preferably be replaced with something clearer featuring the same character.

How about using this for Power Mimicry:

With the caption underneath explaining Monoma's Copy ability.

Hmm. Our current power mimicry image featuring Mega Man is not very good. It should preferably be replaced with something clearer featuring the same character
What about this one too? (if you want an explanation too)

.....are you referring to the gif that I created that shows the complete effect or the one of Rouge that is incomplete?

How about using this for Power Mimicry:

With the caption underneath explaining Monoma's Copy ability.

I think that one should be good to use. Thank you.
Thank you, but Damage's example looks better.
.....are you referring to the gif that I created that shows the complete effect or the one of Rouge that is incomplete?
I was referring to the Rogue image. It is quite notable, good looking, and self-evident to understand.

It shows Rogue absorbing the Thing's power and appearance and is described doing to in the narration as well. It works well for our purposes.

Your gif is much harder to easily understand and features comparatively very obscure non-notable characters. My apologies, but I will hold fast to my view in this case unless you find a much better replacement.

Your gif is much harder to easily understand and features comparatively very obscure non-notable characters
how can that be difficult to understand?, one is extracting the power of another and then transforms into their version of that power.

I guess you never saw Max Steel in your life, because those two characters are enemies of the high caliber that one appears in 9 movies and the other in 3 movies

I could name 3 powers with those flaws, where the gif looks like god in comparison

Well, the issue here is that you want to replace an excellent easily understood illustration featuring classic iconic characters with an inferior replacement. It would be a different case if nothing else was available.

In any case, I am afraid that I am not going to be convinced by your arguments here, and that you are just wasting both of our time, as I don't like your suggested replacement at all, and you cannot exactly force me to change my mind regarding an issue of personal taste.

I think the gif posted by Damage works the best. It's short, the animation looks good, and it's a clean show of power mimicry.

If you upload the second gif to our wiki, we can probably use that if it has high enough image resolution.

Can you upload it as a high quality gif animation file instead please?

Back