• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about bots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I have any say in this and, quite franlky, I don't want any say.

I don't even know why I commented. I came here to vote inconclusive.

Megamangohan said:
What exactly will this bot do?
I'll start with simple things. Mass category changes. Adding links to profiles on tiers, attack potency, etc. Things I could do on my own account, but would flood the Recent Changes page, and I don't want to do that. Once I get more experience with AutoWikiBrowser I'll likely delve into more complex things (That I'll find out once I examine the context then)

What will the category changes be?

Seol404 said:
What will the category changes be?
I will have to find a way to remove unnecessary categories to most of the pages that have a massive amount of categories. Not all of them though. I'd also have to add necessary categories to pages that need them. That way wiki navigation is much easier. (Going on a tangent, but we have to update the Important Categories page)

Eyyy, good to see you're still alive.

i'm not so dead yet boi *bleeds internally*

Rodri "Dante" said:
As long as it doesn't rebel against us I think is a good idea.
inb4 the name of the bot is arnold schwazinegger...RIP

So I guess this discussion is over? (What's the tally?)

Copetan said:
So I guess this discussion is over? (What's the tally?)
From what I gathered, here's a visual representation of the poll:

Yes: Y E S (Ad infinitum)

No: lol wut

Since this account can finally make edits on this wiki, I'm going to make an official tally and close the thread.

Results:

Yes: 27

No: 0

Inconclusive/Neutral: 2

Conclusion: Bots please!

Mods and admins, please correct the tally if you find any of the numbers incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back