• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightspeed in Naruto!!!!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Yeah yeah, I know "What!, LordGriffin is making a Naruto thread!!!".

So given my Databook/WoG Statements thread is done and it was agreed that we can accept such statements so long as it doesn't mess with anything, story, scaling and all that.

So to get this moving there are two things that are brought up a lot when disscusing Naruto characters speed and those are Haku's lightspeed movement in his mirrors and the one and only Madara's lightspeed spit attack, The Light Fang.

So first up is Haku. He is using the mirrors reflection and traveling at lightspeed to each mirror and if I'm not mistaking that is Lightspeed movement in his ice mirrors. Now Naruto grabbed or tagged Haku in mid travel which is an outlier for him and Sasuke reacted to him with the Sharingan which is also an outlier.

Lastly, the only thing I have a problem with is if Haku was moving that fast he should have been torn to pieces because even the likes of A and Tsunade were going to be destroyed at that speed if he didn't ramp himself up and she didn't use her healing to not die.

Note: If I'm wrong about that Haku thing feel free to let me know.

Now for the real reason we're here... The Light Fang. So what justifies it being lightspeed?. Well it moves in a straight line and it's stated to move at lightspeed in the Databooks.

There isn't a real problem with Madara having a lightspeed attack as many moves have different attributes.

Note: Please for the love of God don't bring up any other things, this only about the Ice Mirrors and Light Fang.

Note: No one scales to either as it's an outlier and I'd appreciate it if we don't go into it.

Let the discussion begin.

Haku: Lightspeed Movement in Ice Mirrors = Not Accepted

Madara: Lightspeed Attack Speed with Light Fang

Haku would be an outlier to react to but Madara's is a clear cut Valid feat

Oof here first

Haku moving at the speed of light in his mirrors is 100% false since he was unable to react to KN1 Naruto jumping at him.

Download (1)s
And before people say Naruto dodged the headswing, since we're allowed to use the anime to back the manga up now
Also their positioning from before the attack supports dodging the beam and not the swing

Godss

I'll make everyone a deal.

Let's just see if the two things get accepted and then we can discuss possible scaling ok?.

Naruto counter Crystal Ice Mirrors through sheer raw power and area of effect, but Lightspeed movement while inside the Ice Mirrors is a maybe, but it's not combat or reaction speed. I'm alright with Madara's attack speed. But no one exceeds Sub-Relativistic Combat speed.

He did though, you literally cannot provide a valid debunk

Naruto dodged light fang, Madara realised he dodged and swung his head, both the anime and manga support this version of events
4744320-7542000017-143951286972953

@Medeus

Except Haku stated he saw Sasuke in slowmo because he traveled at the speed of the mirror's reflection, aka light. So, apparently Haku can see people in slowmo because he can travel at the speed of light, but can't react to an early series KN1 Naruto lunging at him.

It's 100% an outlier and a false statement at best.

As for Haku being light speed

He is Light Speed whilst travelling from Mirror to Mirror, which doesn't scale to Anyone besides him

Madara's Light Fang is very obviously Light Speed but dodging it would only be Relativistic/Relativistic+

movement between mirrirs being SoL would make sasukes sharingan ftl, and naruto 3 tailes could out speed it dring theyre fight, so thats a no, im alright with light fang tho

TataHakai said:
As for Haku being light speed
He is Light Speed whilst travelling from Mirror to Mirror, which doesn't scale to Anyone besides him
sasuke could keep up with him going from mirror to mirror tho

Matthew Schroeder said:
What are you doing not only starting this age-old discussion again.

Kep save us.
Well, I'm hoping to end this once and for all.

Or at least for another week lol.

Alright I would start.

1. Firstly your point about Haku being light speed I believe is wrong, it was never stated that moving at lightspeed would hurt Tsuande but that the process of the transportation device (in other words its mechanics is what hurts the person travelling.

2. Haku did not jump between the mirrors or anything like that he did not physically trave in between the mirrors he was literally reflected to the mirrors so it does not scale to any of his speeds and only gives him the surprise advantage in the mirrors. Also when he jumps between them that is the only time he can attack and that is when he is in fact not light speed. So there is no need for an outlier there.

3. It is natural light as that is the point of the Sage of Six paths powers.

4. Naruto did dodge it. Many people argue that Madara swung his head to hit Naruto. And he did swing his head however Naruto still had to dodge the extension, as shown in the manga his TSB bo was in from of his face the light extends and cuts the bo Naruto then swings his head to the side as it attempts to hit him with the light and Madara try to swing it after Naruto's head. This is confirmed in the anime and it is shown more clearly.

Naruto-4920294
Naruto swinging down the TSB it is in front of his face. Madara is staring directly at him.

Naruto-4920296
Madara fires the light fang and attempts to swing it to follow as Naruto dodges.

5. Now is Naruto light speed? Maybe, I believe he has lgiht speed reactions not move speed.

That's blatantly incorrect.

Haku outright states the jutsu uses the speed of the reflection to transport him, and that's why he can see them in slow motion.

So, apparently Haku has lightspeed reactions within his mirrors, and yet he couldn't react to KN1 Naruto's attack.

It is 100% false and an outlier at best.

The Haku thing isn't even worth discussing people.

I want to know why Kep thinks Naruto dodged the headswing.

First of all, the anime is non-canon and it contradicts what the manga portrays in this exact scene. Wait for my post.

Kepekley23 said:
First of all, the anime is non-canon and it contradicts what the manga portrays in this exact scene. Wait for my post.
I'll wait for the post but i'm 99% sure we've used the anime to back up other calcs, so saying we can't use it just for Naruto is kinda hypocritical, no offence to you specifically.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Alright so it seems Haku is off to the no go pile.
It can not be wank if it was stated to do so and said to use reflection ehich is in fact lightspeed. If not jojo FTL reactions are just as outlierish.

Haku is now no longer up for discussion, I've edited the OP so we can focus on Madara.

Rocker1189 said:
LordGriffin1000 said:
Alright so it seems Haku is off to the no go pile.
It can not be wank if it was stated to do so and said to use reflection ehich is in fact lightspeed. If not jojo FTL reactions are just as outlierish.
JoJo has much more feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back