• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightspeed in Naruto!!!!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also that is like someone with a gun picking it up and then instead of aiming at the person they want to shoot at the aim to the left and then swing the gun around fire firing which is stupid.

Kepekley23 said:
That seems to be less hair and more his headband's ends, considering the placement.

It does show that his head was already down (and thus his headband's ends are pull upward by his motion) before Madara swung his head. Yeah.

And just to be sure, this would only scale to the god tiers in reaction speed. That is eos Naruto/Sasuke and above.

Except there is no proof Naruto moved after the beam was shot. The fact that he had already cast his head down by the time the staff was cut casts more evidence to the aim-dodging side.

In fact, the staff wasn't even cut when the LF was first shot at Naruto

Gemmysaur said:
It does show that his head was already down (and thus his headband's ends are pull upward by his motion) before Madara swung his head. Yeah.
This would support the notion that Naruto didn't dodge the swing since his head would already be down before that, this is how the anime shows it too.

Naruto sees LF coming, dodges, the beam hits and goes through his staff, madara realises this and swings his head.

This is not only supported by Kep's scans but the anime, it's a Relativistic feat whatever way you look at it.

I'm just trying to make sure.

Right now the scaling argument is in a wait and I specifically want staff input. This thread is being altered from it's original course.

I'll close this since everyone has had their say and since this is a heavy topic I'm going to make a staff Discussion about it.

Kepekley23 said:
Except there is no proof Naruto moved after the beam was shot. The fact that he had already cast his head down by the time the staff was cut casts more evidence to the aim-dodging side.
In fact, the staff wasn't even cut when the LF was first shot at Naruto
The evidence we do have is Madara look straight at Naruto before he fired the beam. Not only does it make sense for him to fire it straight at him, there is no evidence he looked to the side before he fired it either

And I dont know what you mean by first shot that was the one and only time Madara used it and then obviously realized it was useless.

ShrekAlmighty said:
Guess narutos lava rasengan was useless aswell as he only used it only once even tho it almost killed madara
that argument is baseless
True, but that was not my point anyway.

However what I am saying with that is if it was undodgeable by Naruto then all he had to to is fire it stright at him the next time.

the amount of times he used it shoudent change much, madara was looking at naruto and fired it.

still, i think its agreed that madaras attack is SoL so shouldent another thread to scale it be made?

Kep you went from

He dodged before it hit his staff to, he dodged before it was even fired. You can't use an assumption to back up an assumption that makes no sense, you have no proof for either of those points.

@Rici

Hold on there!, The move may be accepted at that speed but the scaling isn't a go.

It's obvious what the author intent is anyways

Naruto has the best reaction speed in the verse at the time, Naruto dodges Light speed attack.

He dodged before it hit his staff to, he dodged before it was even fired. You can't use an assumption to back up an assumption that makes no sense, you have no proof for either of those points.

I do have proof, aka my first post where I proved Naruto's head was already down by the time the LF cut the staff. Don't confuse "I have no counterargument" with "that's a baseless assumption"

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Rici
Hold on there!, The move may be accepted at that speed but the scaling isn't a go.
yeah, i meant that you asked not to powerscale but to certify them.

the powerscaleing is obviusly up for debate

TataHakai said:
This would support the notion that Naruto didn't dodge the swing since his head would already be down before that, this is how the anime shows it too.
That's what I was saying.

The anime clearly contradicted the manga here and is therefore unusable since the stick got sent sideways (evidently, it was cut by being hit from the side, not like how the anime shows it getting hit head on) upon being swung at by light fang.

And you're assuming he was already down before the beam hit his staff because the back of his headband was in the air....even though that was caused by the momentum of Naruto's movement downwards as stated by Gemmy, his headband obviously isn't going to fall down by the time Madara swings his head

What is Naruto's headband moving at Sub rel speeds?

ShrekAlmighty said:
@Rocker
I was reffering to Keps post that madara saw it was useless and thus stopped using it
Oh right.

@Gemmy

I disagree there was nothing in it to suggest that it went against the manga in anyway in fact it is more like it filled in missing sections in the manga.

Manga: Madara looking at Naruto.

Sudeenly staff is cut while Madara is screaming light fang and Naruto is dodging.

Anime:

Madara is looking at Naruto.

Fires the light fang at him.

cuts the staff.

extending to Naruto's head as he dodges.

Naruto dodges light fang.

In fact the only way that the arguments in this thread could possibly stand is when Naruto had precog and could have moved before it was fired (despite no evidence showing that). But now he has lost it.

These are two stripes of Naruto's headband, yes, but it doesn't in any way change what I said. These two stripes were cut before the staff; my point literally the same.

I thought Madara shots it (lightspeed), It cuts the staff, then Naruto dodges Madara's headswing.

Kepekley23 said:
These are two stripes of Naruto's headband, yes, but it doesn't in any way change what I said. These two stripes were cut before the staff; my point literally the same.
That wasn't your point before though? And for that since it's literally a still frame of everything after it happened, you have no proof the stripes got cut before the staff

Rocker1189 said:
In fact the only way that the arguments in this thread could possibly stand is when Naruto had precog and could have moved before it was fired (despite no evidence showing that). But now he has lost it.
i mean,senjutsu sensing predicting senjutsu attacks is not inrealistic but occam's razor makes us take the easiest explaination

LordGriffin1000 said:
I thought Madara shots it (lightspeed), It cuts the staff, then Naruto dodges Madara's headswing.
Nope because Naruto's head is directly behind the staff shown by the scans in this thread. So he dodged the light fang and the head swing following his movements.

@Gemmy

Cut part of the Stick is actually standing Still but narutos part of the stick moves along with naruto

Another proof is movement of madaras hair as it has complete motion on the side his neck moved if he moved his head left first it would be placed differently

@Rocker1189

Except Naruto's stick literally got sent to the side a little because it was hit sideways, not head on like how the anime portrayed it.

Also, Naruto seemed tilted a bit to his left, in Madara's vision, which is probably why Madara even bothered to swing it, as he's not in the direct line light fang is to go.

Naruto tilts

That wasn't your point before though? And for that since it's literally a still frame of everything after it happened, you have no proof the stripes got cut before the staff

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1474847#57

It was literally always my point. Replace "strands of hair" with "headband stripes" and nothing changes.

Gemmysaur said:
Also, Naruto seemed tilted a bit to his left, in Madara's vision, which is probably why Madara even bothered to swing it, as he's not in the direct line light fang is to go.

Naruto tilts
That looks like that because of the angle of the panel

Also, in the previous panel right before that, Madara's head and body are facing different directions. Madara's head was turned to the left, with the path of the Light Fang being drastically altered right before it cut the staff.

Gemmysaur said:
@Rocker1189
Except Naruto's stick literally got sent to the side a little because it was hit sideways, not head on like how the anime portrayed it.

Naruto tilts
Sorry but that is the worst argument I have seen to attempt to disprove it. That is perspective being changed in the manga so we can see it from different sides. The stick is still in fron of Naruto face and Madara is still staring directly at him. Occam's razor there is not reason for us to randomly assume:

1. Madara is suddenly not looking straight at him anymore.

2. Madara swings his head to hit someone massively slower than his attack.

3. Naruto randomly dodges before the attack even comes out.

Gemmysaur said:
The anime clearly contradicted the manga here and is therefore unusable since the stick got sent sideways (evidently, it was cut by being hit from the side, not like how the anime shows it getting hit head on) upon being swung at by light fang.
Also about this, the anime did show the staff flying to the side
Gods3213
, albeit the opposite way because of the angle of the shot.
Gods12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back