• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem vs the Doom Slayer

Hate to break it to yeah guys but doomguy is close to getting accepted as 6-C from new doom eternal calcs. Actually minimum of 6-C because the urdak calcs haven't been added on yet.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

Hmm, I think I will redo Meruem vs Esdeath. The match is a little outdated

SpookyShadow said:
Not sure why I gave her full knowledge. Reading her profile she definitely resists Nen crush. Plus he got a whole bunch of abilities added for him as well. Should make a Low 7-B match against each other fair.

So we would have to make this just 2016 doomguy. What it would come down to is what level of heat Meruem can resist because DG can just boil the blood out of his body with the guass cannon. If he can only resist lava it's not going to pan out well for meruem the gauss cannon can vaporize demons that just casually live in lava.

The gauss cannon fires steel flechettes that lock on to targets via magnetism. His level of precognition is not going to tell him how the machine works it's completely foreign to him. It's also silly to assume that he would dodge every single shot of an expert marksman.

Well, Meruem survived this level of heat with barely any scratch. Also I know how Gauss Cannon works, and it's not impossible to dodge. And ammo is not infinite.

SpookyShadow said:
Well, Meruem survived this level of heat with barely any scratch. Also I know how Gauss Cannon works, and it's not impossible to dodge. And ammo is not infinite.
That would be more along the lines of an energy/Ki attack and the resulting melted crater is really noting impressive when compared to this feat https://m.imgur.com/a/Frz1h5E of which Meruem scales to. Actually yes, with the right rune equipped ammo is in fact infinite. I'm not saying it would be impossible for him to dodge I'm saying it would be impossible for him to dodge every single shot in a speed equalized fight.

Heat can translate to AP and also to a bypass of durability, high enough levels of heat to a person, no matter the physical dura, would still have their blood boil out of there skin and parts of their body go under cell death when exposed to it. Why would we have magma/heat resistance listed if it was solely AP based?

Well I don't think that crater feat is nothing compared to a "Ki blast" which left chunks of magma on the floor which kinda makes it a heat attack. Nen is energy, energy is mostly heat. The crater feat after Netero nuked himself... Post-Rose Meruem is far superior to that because not only he barely survived that nuke after withstanding that energy blast earlier, but he also fused with the two guys that were unharmed by heat left by the nuke

In regards to dodging, Meruem can analyse his opponents next move by perceiving their cognitive bias to do and not do certain actions, he did this against Netero who's movements could not even be called "bias" or "habit" and he had literally limitless combinations of perfect attacks but slightly flawed defence. Basically he had to make the perfect move every single time for Meruem not to counter.

I have no idea. HXH universe seems to be more futuristic than ours, but the nuke creates a mushroom in shape of a rose and was shown to nuke a city in retrospection. The nuke was probably planted on the battlefield

The nuke literally had regular nuclear properties including radiation, extreme heat and poison. In regards to the HxH universe it's a cheap nuke used by dictators and terrorists.

That's not enough to say for certain. So we can't take it literally, if we do take it literally then we would have to take the statement of argent energy exceeding theoretical physics limit of heat literally too.

EmperorRorepme said:
In regards to dodging, Meruem can analyse his opponents next move by perceiving their cognitive bias to do and not do certain actions, he did this against Netero who's movements could not even be called "bias" or "habit" and he had literally limitless combinations of perfect attacks but slightly flawed defence. Basically he had to make the perfect move every single time for Meruem not to counter.
Doomguy was able to kill the makyrs even though they can see all infinite possibilities and timelines.

That statement proves multiple things, possible Acausality and the fact that doomguy doesn't make mistakes.

I also looked into the poor mans rose, the bomb is a stated chemical reaction not a nuclear reaction so it's not a nuke and we can't say it produces heat like a real word nuke. It doesn't produce any radiation either it produces poison, two very different things.

It proves either Acausality or resistance to Precognition. However Meruem Precognition is not looking into the future, it's predicted his opponents movements based on their identity and bias. So it isn't conventional Precognition. Not necessarily that Doomguy doesn't make mistakes.

His identity is the incorruptible harbinger of doom, before he was blessed with the divinity machine he was put to the gladiator hall where he became stronger, faster and more skillful during combat with each opponent, after he was lock away in hell he spent billions of years killing endless hordes of demons growing stronger with every demon he killed. You're going to have to prove to me that Doomslayer has ever once made a cognitive mistake.

Ok but none of that stuff stops him from being analysed. Why would I need to prove that? Lol. It's on you to prove Doomguy had never made a mistake in his life and takes the perfect action literally every action he makes. i think you're misunderstanding as well. It isn't "cognitive mistake" it's "cognitive bias" that is a bias to take certain actions which Meruem anticipates.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok but none of that stuff stops him from being analysed. Why would I need to prove that? Lol. It's on you to prove Doomguy had never made a mistake in his life and takes the perfect action literally every action he makes. i think you're misunderstanding as well. It isn't "cognitive mistake" it's "cognitive bias" that is a bias to take certain actions which Meruem anticipates.
That's not how burden of proof works. I hope you understand how much of a tall order it is for someone to point every single non mistake a character has made, when all I'm asking is for you to show me ONE mistake.

How do you even prove what cognitive bias a character has when that subject has never been brought up or even implied throughout the entire series?

The burden of proof isn't on me it's on you, you're asking me to prove he's made a mistake while holding he has never made a mistake. You made the claim first, so you would need to prove Doomguy does take the perfect action in every given situation even then it doesn't mean anything. I do understand it's hard to prove the claim "he's never made a mistake in his life" however to someone who doesn't play Doom or have any interest in the series it's also a tall order to ask me to prove he's made a mistake.

You don't need to prove it, as long as Doomsguy has an identity he would have a bias to do certain things more than others in combat. We aren't going to assume he doesn't have a bias because the topic hasn't been discussed in the series that doesn't make any sense.

I'm not going not going to sit here and type up a thread that's would be longer than this one about all the times doomguy never made any mistakes. All you have to do is give me the ONE but you can't because there isn't one, as proven by the statement from the makyrs. I already provided my proof, it's your turn now.

No, how would we know WHAT the bias IS not whether or not that he has it. Unless outright stated the cognitive bias of character is very subjective and thus not usable.

I can't because I don't play any DOOM games or have any interest and the burden of proof isn't on me therefore if you can't prove it or don't want to, drop the point. Which statement proves he never makes mistakes?

Whilst he fights he analyses his opponents and eventually figuring out their opponents bias then capitalises on it.

You can't say he'll just figure it out. What is his bias? You need to tell me how he would use it to win, if you don't know what doomguy's cognitive bias is you can't use it as an argument. He's a video game character that never speaks we have no idea what his cognitive bias is.

I mean he doesn't resist precognition it's just he's like a cosmic constant or something and no matter what possibility he will end their race.

I don't need to know his bias personally same way I don't know Isaac Netero's bias personally. He doesn't need to speak to have a bias. He needs to take certain actions in combat which point to a bias and Meruem can take advantage of this by predicting how and where Doomguy will attack and capitalising on that by catching him off-guard and gaining a free attack and also dodging everything Doomguy throws at him. Even if you have literally infinite options and combinations of attack he can illuminate the path by looking at your bias. And it allowed him to bypass Netero's defence although Netero was faster in regards to his defence.

Meruem saying netero has infinite combinations is blatant hyperbole he has no cosmic awareness or anything of the sort, HxH is full of hyperbole like gon having infinite potential. Where as the makyrs have cosmic awareness across and they still were not able to beat doomguy. It's functionally the same thing as regular precog even if we take that statement literally it's just an infinite number of combos where as the makyrs were able to see ALL infinite possibility across infinite timelines

It isn't hyperbole at all. "Bottomless potential" is hyperbole but physically and theoretically, Netero does have infinite combinations of attack coupled with it being said by an Extraordinary Genius.

Makrys even with this cosmic awareness I doubt he actually acted on it at all in game or in lore. It doesn't amount to anything either since when he uses precognition it instantly says that he will die against Doomguy.

Either way they are two different types of precognition. Meruem just finds Doomguy's bias and acts on it. Makrys looking at infinite possibilities where he loses doesn't mean much.

How does Makrys die anyway?

Being able to see all infinite timelines and all possibilities of said timelines>>>>>>>>>> cognitive bias precognition. The makyrs knew all of his possible moves all the moves he would favor and more, they still lost.

Meruem wouldn't be able to close the gap because doomguy has reactive power level.

The only way Meruem can win is with his poison

Back