• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monsters that Could Reliably Fight Off Nergigante and its Variants?

With the release of Iceborne, I've been seeing a worrisome trend emerge among some MH fans. Nergigante has become more and more hyped up, to the point where Ruiner Nergigante is seen by some people to be one of the most powerful monsters in existence and a potential reason for the lack of Black Dragons in the New World. Apparently, some honestly think Ruiner Nerg can defeat a Alatreon or Fatalis.

This, of course, is absurd, but there's no denying Nerg and its variants are powerful monsters. With that, I'm curious what monsters others think can stand on equal footing to Nerg. Not necessarily kill it, but wound it enough to make it consider fleeing.

I personally think Rajang has a number of quirks that make it a serious foe for all Nergs. In fact, I originally wanted to make this a Rajang vs Nerg thread, but Rajang somehow doesn't have a page here. What do you guys think about Rajang and other high-tier monsters' chances against the spike dragon?

Nergigante is surely one of the most powerful monsters in the MHW, and only a few monsters stand a chance against him

Like you said, Rajang is a very powerful monster and could potencially hurt Nergigante, giving the fact that Rajang's used to fight Elder Dragons such as Kirin, while also weilding the thunder element

Deviljho is another monster that I personally think could equal the Nergigante, especially if we use the Savage Deviljho

Bazelguese subspecies as well is capable of fighting against a Savage Deviljho, so he could also hurt the Nergigante /Take in mind, I'm only using the subspecies, not the normal one)

Nergigante has terf wars with all of those guys except Bazelguese and it's pretty even at times. Although Ruiner Nergigante did kill Shara Ishvalda after both them got their asses kicked by The Hunter.

For me, he only won because Shara was alredy severely weakened, if not, it could have been a very equaled fight

And in relation to the OP, its ridiculous to think that even Ruiner Nergigante could take on any Fatalis giving the fact that all of them are couted as Dangerous First Class Montsers and Nergi is not one of them

Back