• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All For One has never demonstrated a Quirk with abilities that negate durability before
Wanna note on this

The only quirk AFO has shown that negates durability is the spatial warping quirk, and we have no proof he had that in his prime (he only showed it in his weakened form, and even considering how the quirk works, it likely wasn’t used cause it wouldn’t make sense with the nature of All Might’s injury)

Until proven otherwise I still agree for 6-B attack potency, but Unknown durability and striking strength

That means very little and has nothing to do with the points above. No one was saying he used spatial warping to do anything against All Might.

Us only seeing those kind of Quirks from him means nothing, when we know he has far more. I don't see the point of mentioning this.

Whatever AFO did to All Might cannot be normal, this is factual. Since All Might can't defeat someone who's normal AP blast a hole through his body. It was noted by AFO that All Might's classic style is a mad charge with no dodging. Which means any attack AFO threw out likely hits All Might directly.

Honestly, he's Likely 6-B with whatever unknown attack he used to blast a hole through All Might.

If we're being serious about it, I fully support removing AFO's Prime key completely. Due to the massive amounts of assumptions are needed to make it work.

If we're being serious about it, I fully support removing AFO's Prime key completely. Due to the massive amounts of assumptions are needed to make it work.
This. Doesn't make much sense to index a character whose competence comes from versatility when what we know about the extent of it is a blank space. And we can't conclude that he scales to Prime Might because of statistics instead of other many means of combat he'd have at his disposal in those days.

I'm pretty sure the graph in Two Heroes was referencing how long All Might can stay in his buff form, with the huge gap being when he went from Three Hours to One Hour

Honestly I would go with "2) Rewind AFO keeps his Prime durability, which we assume can survive All Might’s hits, so we rate Tokoyami as “likely 6-B” with Rewind AFO’s strongest Quirks at that level as well for managing to force him back."

Given the unknown veritable of their fight, a likely rating should be fine as we have no idea if AFO back in his prime had a Quirk that amped his power to harm all might that badly or not, so honestly a likely ratting should be fine

Whatever AFO did to All Might cannot be normal, this is factual.
All All For One did was punctured his abdomen? Toshinori shows Izuku his scarred perforation, including the stitches(?) holding his flesh together, Sorahiko says that Toshinori had a "hole in [his] gut", and All For One says that he "ripped [All Might's] guts out".

Besides, Sorahiko implies that All For One managed to successfully wound All Might because he taunted and riled him up. Why does this need to be his Ultimate Combination, or a secret, ultra-powerful, law-defying super move that has been seen before?
I'm pretty sure the graph in Two Heroes was referencing how long All Might can stay in his buff form
If his "Quirk numbers"/"AP" is believed to correspond to seconds, then, at his peak, he could only operate for ~4.2 hours (15,000 AP).

I disagree with removing Prime AFO’s key: we have several feats for him and statements
  • Is stronger than in his current health (At least High 6-C)
  • Commanded an underground network of villains of unknown strength (Unknown)
  • Defeated the previous One For All users, of unknown strength (Unknown)
  • Defeated Nana Shimura, of unknown strength (Unknown; only demonstrated three abilities)
  • Easily neutralized the prototype Hood (8-B; only demonstrated two abilities)
  • Held All Might at a standstill for an unknown period of time through unknown means (Unknown)
hm...

Why does this need to be his Ultimate Combination, or a secret, ultra-powerful, law-defying super move that has been seen before?
All Might doesn't dodge attacks and charges through them, as stated by AFO himself. So AFO's normal AP can't be strong enough to blast a hole through him.

Also, I never stated it was anything like that. Just someone different from his normal method of attacking.

Do you have a problem with me? I'm actually a bit afraid I've offended you greatly.

Should I leave?

All Might doesn't dodge attacks and charges through them, as stated by AFO himself. So AFO's normal AP can't be strong enough to blast a hole through him.

Also, I never stated it was anything like that. Just someone different from his normal method of attacking.

Do you have a problem with me? I'm actually a bit afraid I've offended you greatly.

Should I leave?
Nah that's just how he talks. Like you murdered his whole family and pissed on their dead bodies. Doesn't apply to you only.

That's not what I was trying to imply.

I just thought I had done something rude without realizing it and didn't want to stir up any issues.

Also Deku's Iron Soles, new mid gauntlets are able to survive country level Deku's attacks and Shigaraki's attacks

Are we sure they are canonically that durable or is Hori just using anime rule of cool and not want Deku to fight barefoot any time he uses 100%?

Also Deku's Iron Soles, new mid gauntlets are able to survive country level Deku's attacks and Shigaraki's attacks
Should only apply to his new Iron Soles in that case.

His old ones were destroyed during the Dark Hero arc and repaired.

Bruh

The iron soles could probably be ignored in all honesty.

But his gauntlets are called out as being armor meant to protect him. Which makes it harder to ignore when they withstand the recoil of his own attacks.

The multipliers itself was already agreed on and the scaling being used is the same we're currently using.

The only thing that might need additional agreement is removing AFO's Prime key, though we already got one staff approval.

I'm not capable of calling any shots here, so maybe best to wait for at least one more staff vote or something else?

I would also say that I wouldn't have a problem if AFO's Prime key stays, but it should be noted that we are basically treating this key as "not recommended for versus threads" due to just how much of an actual unknown Prime AFO really is, and the tier changes don't really change that.

Since the multiplier passed, there's not much to argue for now.

Wouldn’t Rewind Drug AFO be likely 6-B scaling from his prime self? Since he literally returned to his prime and all
He turned into his Prime briefly, but his Quirks are still the same from his weakened state. So he doesn’t have his actual Prime abilities, he just had the body for a brief time before Tokoyami punched his face in and reverted him to a younger state.

Wouldn’t Rewind Drug AFO be likely 6-B scaling from his prime self? Since he literally returned to his prime and all
No, it was explained here.

AFO going back to his physical prime doesn't give him back the same Quirks he had when he fought All Might. His Quirks are unaffected by the Rewind, so he's just a lot stronger than his Weakened Self. As such he has no reason to scale to his Prime self who had completely different Quirks as stated by Gran Torino.

Also, Prime AFO himself has no reason to scale to Prime All Might beyond his AP (How he blasted a hole through him is unknown). W have little information to go on and nothing points to him being able to physically contend with him or take hits from him. Which is why we're suggesting removing his Prime key all together.

His physical body returned to its Prime state. We don't actually know how strong his base Prime body is, other than knowing that multiple characters he was fighting like Hawks could harm him. The same Hawks who was also confident he could kill a Weakened AFO, FWIW.

His Quirks were unaffected, they were the ones he had remainining in stock while past his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back