• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure they are canonically that durable or is Hori just using anime rule of cool and not want Deku to fight barefoot any time he uses 100%?
It's just anime rule of cool. Same way his pants as well as Shigaraki's survive pretty much everything.

And he got stronger as he got younger
Yes? And what does that mean? That's still doesn't mean he scales to his Prime self.

Unless you have evidence that supports that Prime AFO's durability had nothing to do with his Quirks and that he took hits from Prime All Might?

Yes? And what does that mean? That's still doesn't mean he scales to his Prime self.

Unless you have evidence that supports that AFO's durability had nothing to do with his Quirks and that he took hits from Prime All Might?
I mean, I think the most clear answer is that they both landed multiple hits against each other but then at the end also landed one very good hit against each other. Likely AFO used a combination of powerful quirks and allmight went plus ultra on his ass. But that's just what I think. I feel like it basically played out like their fight in kamino.

Ngl, this is kinda ridiculous to me. We’re basically saying “AFO returned to his prime but not actually.” But what can you do I guess…
His Body did, yes, but we don’t know how strong his body actually was. His Quirks were all the same quirks and he was using them at the same level, maybe stronger.

Due to Shigaraki’s rage, after he has deaged quite a bit, he says his Quirks are getting stronger since he can draw out more power. So by then he’s using stronger versions of what his weakened self was using, but his body isn’t even in its prime anymore since he’s so much younger.

Ngl, this is kinda ridiculous to me. We’re basically saying “AFO returned to his prime but not actually.” But what can you do I guess…
We just don't have enough information. Prime AFO being 6-B isn't an issue, just that he lacks anything beyond speculation.

Rewind AFO still wouldn't scale due to not having any of his Prime Quirks, which is what he used to fight Prime All Might.

I feel like it's pretty clear that their first fight most likely went basically like their fight in kamino. I mean, if their weakened states are relative their prime states more likely are too. And we have no evidence that afo lost any quirks, and no reason to think that. We only know he has new ones. So if he had one extremely powerful dura neg quirk that could weaken Prime allmight 60×, I feel like he wouod have used it in kamino or something. So unless yall have any reason to believe he lost quirks, I don't think that line of reasoning works.

His Body did, yes, but we don’t know how strong his body actually was. His Quirks were all the same quirks and he was using them at the same level, maybe stronger.

Due to Shigaraki’s rage, after he has deaged quite a bit, he says his Quirks are getting stronger since he can draw out more power. So by then he’s using stronger versions of what his weakened self was using, but his body isn’t even in its prime anymore since he’s so much younger.
I thought Prime AFO vs. Prime All Might was considered a relatively even fight (besides the end with the Plus Ultra and all). Wouldn’t he be 6-B from that? Or am I mistaken?

I feel like it's pretty clear that their first fight most likely went basically like their fight in kamino.
Gran Torino stated his tactics and Quirks are completely different from before. The only thing that's the same is that he still opens with a big long ranged attack.

So no, it's not clear that their first fight was the same.

@CloverDragon03

Nothing states the fight between them was even. We don't anything about the fight whatsoever, just that AFO ended up blowing a hole through him via an unknown Quirk and All Might soon afterward crushed his head.

We don't know if AFO took hits from him before that. Nor do we know how much damage either inflicted on each other before their fatal shots. It's all just unknown.

Gran Torino stated his tactics and Quirks are completely different from before. The only thing that's the same is that he still opens with a big long ranged attack.

So no, it's not clear that their first fight was the same.

@CloverDragon03

Nothing states the fight between them was even. We don't anything about the fight whatsoever, just that AFO ended up blowing a hole through him via an unknown Quirk and All Might soon afterward crushed his head.

We don't know if AFO took hits from him, nor do we know how much damage either inflicted on each other before their fatal shots. It's all just unknown.
What we do know is that both were basically almost equally damaged. And with no reason to believe he has an unknown extremely powerful dura neg quirk, I think it's fair to say his AP at the very least is 6-B. Logic would actually say he doesn't have an extremely powerful dura neg quirk because he would have used it by now and we have no evidence or reason to believe he got rid of any of his quirks. Let alone such a powerful one. So 6-B ap should work.

I feel like it's pretty clear that their first fight most likely went basically like their fight in kamino. I mean, if their weakened states are relative their prime states more likely are too. And we have no evidence that afo lost any quirks, and no reason to think that. We only know he has new ones. So if he had one extremely powerful dura neg quirk that could weaken Prime allmight 60×, I feel like he wouod have used it in kamino or something. So unless yall have any reason to believe he lost quirks, I don't think that line of reasoning works.
If he had Quirks strong enough to hurt Prime All Might, then why did he not use them if he still had them against Weakened All Might? He never uses new quirks even when he rewinds, just better versions/combinations of his old ones. Their fight in Kamino is different from the fight they had in their Prime, and we don’t know if AFO got punched a single time without using a Quirk to dull the impact. We know he has forcefield Quirks, so he could easily have used those or any of his body changing/weird amalgamations to endure hits that he otherwise wouldn’t be able to take easily.

I thought Prime AFO vs. Prime All Might was considered a relatively even fight (besides the end with the Plus Ultra and all). Wouldn’t he be 6-B from that? Or am I mistaken?
We don’t know how even it was, all we know is that All Might fought by running forward through AFO’s attacks, AFO managed to tear his guts out with an attack, and AM crushed his skull with a punch after rage amping.

We don’t know how strong AFO’s actual body was in his prime or how strong his normal Quirks were. Likely 6-B fits him, but even then his rewind selfs durability wouldn’t scale unless we know Prime AFO could take a punch and be ok without using a Quirk of some kind to protect himself.

What we do know is that both were basically almost equally damaged. And with no reason to believe he has an unknown extremely powerful dura neg quirk, I think it's fair to say his AP at the very least is 6-B.
I'm not saying he couldn't be be. Just that we don't know anything beyond some vague AP and even then we don't know what kind of Quirk was used. I was never advocating for dura negation at all, just using it as a vague example to show how unknown everything is.

He's too unknown.

We don't know if AFO took hits from him, nor do we know how much damage either inflicted on each other before their fatal shots. It's all just unknown.
The only known Quirks that bypass durability to my knowledge are Decay and Overhaul, both of which completely disassemble what’s targeted, meaning ripping out All Might’s guts is infeasible with either of them. It’s far more likely to be an AP feat based on this.

And to begin with, absence of evidence is not immediately evidence of absence.

I'm not saying he couldn't be be. Just that we don't know anything beyond some vague AP and even then we don't know what kind of Quirk was used. I was never advocating for dura negation at all, just using it as a vague example to show how unknown everything is.

He's too unknown.
So will there be no "likely 6-B" on his page?

It doesn’t matter if he ripped his guts out with his bare hands, a Quirk or some kind of hax. What matters is his durability, which we have no idea about but tons of evidence to point that he can do many things that would let him simply not get punched in the face.

He could have tanked all of AM’s punches with a forcefield or with his body, it is simply unknown, so using that as a basis for his Rewind Prime (which only Tokoyami would scale to) doesn’t make sense.

And as for AP, Rewind absolutely shouldn’t scale since he only gets way stronger from his rage amps, his Quirks and AP should still be the same as whatever Quirks his Weakened self still had just with a far better body.

The only known Quirks that bypass durability to my knowledge are Decay and Overhaul
I'm not suggesting dura negation, why do people keep acting like I am? There's also space manipulation, New Order, Rewind, and more I can't think of. I don't see how that even means anything, why bring it up? I said we don't know what Quirk he used, showing how weird indexing it is.

It's just vague AP. Even then, I'm certain whatever Quirk he used to blow a hole through All Might wasn't his normal everyday AP.

@ShigarakiShimura

His prime key should be removed unless someone has anything solid for him beyond some vague AP rating. Everything is unknown.

(Excluding speed, which should be obvious)

If we don't remove his prime key. He'll be Likely 6-B in AP while unknown in everything else. Rewind AFO wouldn't scale.

I'm not suggesting dura negation, why do people keep acting like I am? There's also space manipulation, New Order, Rewind, and more I can't think of. I don't see how that even means anything, why bring it up? I said we don't know what Quirk he used, showing how weird indexing it is.
Because if it’s not something that bypasses durability, it’s AP. That simple

So basically, an AFO stated to have returned to his prime is statistically not actually in his prime?

Yeah, I can’t agree to that
AP wise yes, as his Quirks are still the same as his Weakened self’s quirks. He doesn’t have the abilities he had in his Prime, he’s stuck with his Prime Body but none of its powers.

So basically, an AFO stated to have returned to his prime is statistically not actually in his prime?

His physical prime, not his prime Quirks. His Quirks are unaffected by the rewind, which means you must provide proof that states his Weakened Quirks got boosted up to his Prime level that fought All Might. Nothing in universe stated that.

AP wise yes, as his Quirks are still the same as his Weakened self’s quirks. He doesn’t have the abilities he had in his Prime, he’s stuck with his Prime Body but none of its powers.
All these loopholes instead of just… “He’s in his prime.” I don’t agree with the logic

What loopholes???

He doesn’t have his Prime Quirks. Do you believe that his base body amped his Weakened self’s Quirks to his Prime level?
Yes, I believe that the Rewind amped both his body and his Quirks, as demonstrated by his greater power with them when he attacked everyone

You have prove that Weakened AFO's Quirks were boosted to Prime AFO level despite being completely different abilities as stated by Gran Torino?

These aren't loopholes. Can you provide proof of any of your claims, because we already have shown why he doesn't scale.

You not buying it doesn't mean anything. AFO's Quirks are different, meaning we can't scale his boosted Weakened self's Quirks to his Prime self's Quirks.

We have no reason to beyond baseless assumption.

Unless we get a statement that Prime AFO taking a Quirk made them super strong and Prime All Might level or something like that.

Yes, I believe that the Rewind amped both his body and his Quirks, as demonstrated by his greater power with them when he attacked everyone
Yes this is 100% true, no one is doubting that.

But those aren't the same Quirks he used against Prime All Might, these are different powers.

Can you prove that the amp he received made these completely unrelated Quirks equal the power of whatever unknown Quirks he used against Prime All Might?

I can't search for the scan right now but didn't AFO say at some point that he lost most of what he had accumulated after the fight? The damage to his brain likely made him lose a lot of the quirks. So even if he is rewinding right now he is missing many of the tools that would benefit his tiering back in his day. Now where did I see this Accelerator story before...

He’s stated to have returned to his prime, but I suppose that doesn’t mean anything. You can apparently be in your prime but not actually

It is what it is, my vote doesn’t mean anything anyway so what is one lad to do?

That was cause he could combine more of them together since his body could handle it. You have to prove those combinations are equal to the ones he could pull out vs All Might, especially since he CAN’T make Quirks stronger with his base body, he has to use them as he’s gotten them.
He’s stated to have returned to his prime, but I suppose that doesn’t mean anything. You can apparently be in your prime but not actually

It is what it is, my vote doesn’t mean anything anyway so what is one lad to do?
My guy his BODY has been returned his QUIRKS have not, they’re still the ones he had from his fight with Endeavor. THAT has not changed, the rewind drug specifically doesn’t target his Quirks, hence why he can still steal Quirks and they don’t go away

I can't search for the scan right now but didn't AFO say at some point that he lost most of what he had accumulated after the fight? The damage to his brain likely made him lose a lot of the quirks. So even if he is rewinding right now he is missing many of the tools that would benefit his tiering back in his day. Now where did I see this Accelerator story before...
You're right. Not only does the Quirks he has are different than before but due to his injuries the amount has also decrease and he cant stock up on quirks like before and therefore lacks the means to empower himself to the same degree

Several reasons to believe AFO is missing his original stock:
  • AFO statement of having lost what he accumulated.
  • Many quirk experiments with Ujiko in the years that followed this defeat.
  • Gran Torino's statement that his quirks are different from what he once had in the AM rematch.
  • Since Tomura and AFO have a mental link, it's not impossible that Star and Stripes' rampage in the vestige world destroyed a good chunk of his stock as well. We even saw his own vestige there in some panels.
  • Kyudai explained that too many quirks being accumulated becomes dangerous to the user himself. A dead-man-walking AFO shouldn't be able to handle the same amount he could in his prime. Or he would start exploding like Shiggs.
  • It's stated also by Kyudai that AFO quirk output correlates to memory and if the body can't keep up problems arise. AFO got the hit to his head, constantly bringing up how much it has crippled the original extent of his power.
  • He also handed over quirks to Nomus, so the other ones in the labs probably had another fraction of his original stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back