• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weakened AFO: Gran Torino stated his tactics and Quirks are completely different from before. So the Quirks he has are not what he used against Prime Might.

Also, stated that he has less Quirks overall due to his injuries. His stockpile isn't as many as it was before.

Prime AFO:
  • Is stronger than in his current health (At least High 6-C)
  • Defeated the previous One For All users, of unknown strength (Unknown)
  • Defeated Nana Shimura, of unknown strength (Unknown; only demonstrated three abilities)
  • Easily neutralized the prototype Hood (8-B; only demonstrated two abilities)
  • Fought All Might for an unknown period of time through unknown means (Likely 6-B) This wouldn't scale to his physicals, only his AP with unknown Quirks. His speed would obviously scale as well, but that doesn't have any multipliers or importance.
Rewind AFO: Returned to his physical prime but possess the same exact Quirks as his Weakened self. As such, we cannot scale his AP to his prime self without any evidence. There is currently nothing that states this version of AFO is that powerful with new Quirks that were never used against Prime All Might.

All of AFO's abilities and powers come from Quirks he steals, as such being returned to his physical prime doesn't make him 6-B when he lacks his 6-B Quirks. We already know his Quirks are unaffected by the rewind, since he's still using the new Quirks he recently acquired. Such as Search and Mud Warp.

There is no issue with Rewind AFO actually being Prime AFO level or even vastly higher. But we lack the proof to make that connection due to the way AFO's powers work. His strength doesn't come from his body, it comes from his Quirk stockpile. Which is completely different.

Maybe new information will come out and make Rewind AFO and Prime AFO scale to All Might completely, but right now we lack that evidence.

Not sure if this has been addressed before because a bit obvious, but AFO is also using a duplicate of his original quirk. Another jumbo reason to not compare his rewind to his prime.

Not sure if this has been addressed before because a bit obvious, but AFO is also using a duplicate of his original quirk. Another jumbo reason to not compare his rewind to his prime.
Lowkey forgot about that, so even if everything else was back to Prime status, this AFO would be inferior anyway because he's using a lesser version of his Quirk

Next is a funky one as I believe that while Prime All For One obviously scales to Prime All Might, I think it’s not as clear cut as that. He was terrified of All Might’s strength, making plans for what he believed to be his inevitable death, and the battle as far as we know ended with AM getting one good hit in and crushing his skull with it. It’s likely he defended himself with Quirks rather than straight up tanked hits with his body, especially since AM seemingly was running through his attacks as a strategy and it worked. So I’d advocate for a “likely 6-B” rating.
I wouldn’t say he was terrified, but yes, All might was stronger than AFO, not to the point where it was one sided.
All Might talks as if he was forced to kill him, and AFO could damage him (ripped off Half bis body) so they should scale to each other.

1) Rewind Prime AFO (before he gets younger) isn’t crazy durable without his Prime Quirks, so he just scales to High 6-C along with Tokoyami, no 6-B.
I disagree with this, Prime AFO himself states his body is a lot lighter than before, which in itself depicts he’s far stronger and faster than before, we also see this when he just casually disappears and blitz everyone on the battle fiend something he hasn’t showcased the ability to do beforehand.
Hawks, who was previously blitzing him, couldn’t even catch up to him.
It’s not that Prime AFO lost his quirk, it’s just in his old age and weakened body he could no longer utilize most of them. That’s why the younger he got, the more powerful quirks he could use and he himself states the more he reverts the more he could tap into their true power.
So with AFO being slammed by Darkshadow and ripped apart I think he should scale.

Mostly all of this was brought up already and discussed. You should read through the thread when you have the time.

Also nothing you said supports Rewind AFO being 6-B, just stronger than his High 6-C self, which no one is arguing against.

Hawks never blitzed AFO, in fact I'd almost say he was a bit slower than him considering how easily he could block attacks from him.

Mostly all of this was brought up already and discussed. You should read through the thread when you have the time.
Im reading now, I was busy and just looked at the OP.
Also nothing you said supports Rewind AFO being 6-B, just stronger than his High 6-C self, which no one is arguing against.
Ik I was just pointing out that him going into his Prime actually restored him into his Prime state.
Hawks never blitzed AFO, in fact I'd almost say he was a bit slower than him considering how easily he could block attacks from him.
Hawks attacked with feathers and from behind everytime, Afo only countered it the third time because, as he states, he KNOWS his tactics, the third time he tried it he was hit by the feathers and couldn’t react to his actual slash. Even at the start of the fight AFO didn’t react to his attack (iirc).

Weakened AFO: Gran Torino stated his tactics and Quirks are completely different from before. So the Quirks he has are not what he used against Prime Might.
Sure? He’s saying the quirks he’s using are different but that in no way means he lost the quirks he previously had. There’s no reason to assume that he lost them, but we have plenty of reasons to assume why he doesn’t use them, such as them being capable of destroying his own body.
He didn’t say that, he said ever sense his injury he couldn’t collect as much as he could in the past. Being injured has never made anyone lose a quirk/quirks, not for Shigaraki or current AFO, all who have been injured far beyond Prime AFO.
Rewind AFO: Returned to his physical prime but possess the same exact Quirks as his Weakened self. As such, we cannot scale his AP to his prime self without any evidence. There is currently nothing that states this version of AFO is that powerful with new Quirks that were never used against Prime All Might.

All of AFO's abilities and powers come from Quirks he steals, as such being returned to his physical prime doesn't make him 6-B when he lacks his 6-B Quirks. We already know his Quirks are unaffected by the rewind, since he's still using the new Quirks he recently acquired. Such as Search and Mud Warp.

There is no issue with Rewind AFO actually being Prime AFO level or even vastly higher. But we lack the proof to make that connection due to the way AFO's powers work. His strength doesn't come from his body, it comes from his Quirk stockpile. Which is completely different.

Maybe new information will come out and make Rewind AFO and Prime AFO scale to All Might completely, but right now we lack that evidence.
My biggest issue is why are we assuming he’s lost quirks when this is never stated?

Ngl you could argue Rewind AFO’s AP being on par or even superior to his prime state. It’s a theory but it’s simply a modus ponens argument, I’ll explain:

• Rewind AFO is agreed to have the same physical capabilities as his prime state (including quirkless durability)
  • Rewind AFO’s quirks can destroy his body from sheer recoil (meaning his AP is superior to his durability)
  • No evidence of Prime AFO getting injured from his own quirks (he could withstand his nuke attack against Nana without destroying himself)
  • Thus, Rewind AFO’s attacks are at least equal to, if not stronger than his attacks in his prime form
  • Thus, Rewind AFO earns a 6-B for attack potency

I could be tripping but lmk if I’m cooking

Ngl you could argue Rewind AFO’s AP being on par or even superior to his prime state. It’s a theory but it’s simply a modus ponens argument, I’ll explain:

• Rewind AFO is agreed to have the same physical capabilities as his prime state (including quirkless durability)
  • Rewind AFO’s quirks can destroy his body from sheer recoil (meaning his AP is superior to his durability)
  • No evidence of Prime AFO getting injured from his own quirks (he could withstand his nuke attack against Nana without destroying himself)
  • Thus, Rewind AFO’s attacks are at least equal to, if not stronger than his attacks in his prime form
  • Thus, Rewind AFO earns a 6-B for attack potency

I could be tripping but lmk if I’m cooking
Still wondering if this is a valid argument

So basically, an AFO stated to have returned to his prime is statistically not actually in his prime?

Yeah, I can’t agree to that
The manga is very explicit in AFO's words. It says he is back to his physical prime. Basically he no longer has the same weak body where he can no longer even breath without help.

The words used by Endeavor are, "He's rejuvenated...his body is back to prime condition."

AFO himself says, "My body feels light as silk"

Hawks says, "a massive yet suicidal power-up..."

So yeah, it is a power-up. AFO becomes significantly faster and can use his quirks to better capacity since his body is in Prime condition.

But at the end of the day, Rewind Prime AFO has nothing to do with 6 years ago Prime AFO apart from their bodies both being in Prime condition.

This is because their powersets are completely different. First, we know zilch about what quirks AFO had 6 years ago. All we know is Gran Torino and All Might noticing that his quirks and fighting style are completely different.

Now in-universe I do think they are meant to be somewhat relative even if the version from 6 years ago had more quirks and stronger quirks especially as he had his original version of AFO and not a copy, but that's just speculation.

We can speculate, but the reality is that we know next to nothing about AFO's fighting style and quirks from 6 years ago. We are just guessing.

Lowkey forgot about that, so even if everything else was back to Prime status, this AFO would be inferior anyway because he's using a lesser version of his Quirk
If only I could remember the forgotten dishes just as well as I remember these things, I'd spend a lot less time recounting the eggs or checking fire levels.

Ah that makes sense to me, I forgot all about that. Well, then he shouldn’t scale Obviously.
I don’t think he should be removed either.
I don't care about him staying but I think it's better for the key to go unless something more concrete happens. AFO's true power comes from P&A, vastly unknown. Thinking about it perfected Shiggs was the closest look we got at what he once was, but he never got to demonstrate the full extent of it either.

Pls don’t remove it 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
better say your goodbyes

image.png

that prime is soon to be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back