• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

979.png
959.png
998.png
983.png

Btw. Would Terastal phenomenon need a page on the wiki? If yes I'll make it

I'm currently working on the starters (Done with Sprigatito, halfway through Fuecoco)

I can't think of any other explanation.
Btw. Would Terastal phenomenon need a page on the wiki? If yes I'll make it

I'm currently working on the starters (Done with Sprigatito, halfway through Fuecoco)
Considering we already have a page for Dynamax, I think a page for Terastal seems reasonable.
IDK if the unknown information about the 3rd Legendary/Disk Pokemon prevents us from publishing a Terastal page, since we don't have all the info yet, & are probably going to be kept waiting until Pokemon Day (Late February) for the DLC.

Still, making a blog at least is probably feasible.

I can also try & summarize the relevant, miscellaneous info I recall about Terastallization from diving into the 3rd Legendary, if you want.

Yup

This could prove helpful
Okay. Although, I'm not the best at summarizing & providing scans both at once; I like giving the details & my thoughts, shamefully lengthy as that may be.

From The Scarlet/Violet Book:
These videos may be useful if you need scans of the book:

The Legendary Treasure
Countless days into our descent, we reached at last the very depths of the Great Crater. There we found a cave with formations of gemstone, shining blindingly bright as far as we could see. Perhaps that strange light itself is the guardian said to watch over treasure deep within the crater.

Calling the "strange light" the guardian may imply something about the light being sentient/sapient or such, IDK. Especially if you believe stuff like that the Disk Pokemon is a CD or such, lol.
It's also noted that the energy Tera Crystals emit is what causes Pokemon to Terastallize.

After beating The Academy Ace Tournament, Jacq calls the players & has alot of dialogue about Tera Raids:

Jacq says that, thanks to protagonist, "our" (who's?) investigation, & their new data says Terastal energy is released from the Great Crater of Paldea "from time to time", which affects Tera Crystals - Tera Crystals hit by "especially strong blasts" of this energy become "black crystals". Tera Pokemon found at black crystals are "incredibly powerful", Jacq emphasizing such with "So much so that average Trainers wouldn’t stand a chance against them." & urging the protagonist not to take them on, even if they do find the location on their map app.

After the player completes one, Jacq calls & says "We just saw the Terastal energy reading from one of the black crystals disappear a moment ago. Do you know anything about that?!"
Jacq is surprised the protagonist succeeded, & says, among other things:
"Your efforts have helped us come to understand the laws governing Terastal energy emissions."
"Still, even after all this, it seems that the amount of energy being emitted is slowly growing."
"That means we may continue to see more black crystals appear in the future."

When the quartet reaches the Zero Lab in Area Zero, this dialogue is said:
Professor: "The structure you see before you is the Zero Lab."
Nemona: "That’s where you are, right, Professor?"
Penny: "But wait...why does it look like the whole place is being swallowed up by crystals?"
Professor: "The crystals here in Area Zero possess a peculiar energy. This energy can alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery. It is the same energy that allows Pokémon to Terastallize."
Arven: "So, this entire building’s been Terastallized? Is that what you’re saying?"
Penny: "Don’t be silly, Arven. The professor implied something important about Tera Orbs just now. They’re made from the crystals down here in Area Zero...aren’t they?"
Professor: "Indeed. Though not many know it."

There's this related quote from the Area Zero Journals:

The strong influence of the crystals makes our experiments much more unstable.

The crystals' power is tremendous! Their unstable output made our corporate backers fret, but...
If we can harness this energy, it will open up research possibilities we'd only dreamed of.
At last, paradise will be ours to create.

Ms. Dendra also says a little about Tera Crystals during some of the Battle Studies classes!
Unfortunately, some of her dialogue makes me question how much we should treat it as game mechanics or not; She refers to stuffs like turns & the stats at least once in her dialogue.
"These crystals are actually collections of Terastal energy that’s seeped up out of the ground!"
"The Tera Pokémon you’ll face off against in Tera Raid Battles are crazy tough! They sometimes act differently than regular Pokémon, so you’ll need to be on your guard!"
"Luckily, Trainers can also use a special action in Tera Raid Battles. It’s called cheering! And there are three different cheers you can use!"
"You can cheer up to three times during a single Tera Raid Battle. Also, cheering uses up a turn in battle, so you won’t be able to have your Pokémon use any of their moves when you cheer!"

"Tera Pokémon are super strong! And the more difficult ones will use an even tougher tactic that you’ll need to deal with. I’m talking about their Tera Shield! What happens while a Pokémon has its Tera Shield up, you ask? Well, it’ll take WAAAY less damage, for one! It has a big effect on morale, too! When Trainers see that shield go up, they feel doomed—like there’s no way to win the battle!"

(Note: It's dubious if this "effect on morale" bit indicates any ability, as opposed to just in-universe noting of a typical reaction to what could seem like a sudden & insurmountable obstacle.)

"Regular attacks don’t work so well against Pokémon that have their Tera Shield up. But having your Pokémon Terastallize is an effective method to overcome that issue! A Terastallized Pokémon will do more damage to shielded Pokémon—especially if it uses moves that match its Tera Type! Dealing enough damage to a Pokémon with its Tera Shield up can destroy the shield and break the Pokémon’s stance! This means that it’s important to properly time your Terastallizing in Tera Raid Battles. In conclusion! As they say, fight fire with fire and Tera Pokémon with Tera Pokémon! Be sure to work together with your teammates to\nsmash through your opponent’s Tera Shield!"

& of course, there's the Pokedex entries for Glimmet & Glimmora:

Glimmet:
Scarlet It absorbs nutrients from cave walls. The petals it wears are made of crystallized poison.

Glimmora:
Scarlet When this Pokémon detects danger, it will open up its crystalline petals and fire beams from its conical body.
Violet Glimmora’s petals are made of crystallized poison energy. It has recently become evident that these petals resemble Tera Jewels.

There's what Ms. Raifort says in 1 of her classes, too:

"And, around 140 years ago, Pokémon cloaked in a mysterious light were discovered there.
As you may have already guessed, these were, in fact, Terastallized Pokémon.
However, when those who discovered these Pokémon brought them out of Area Zero, the light faded, and the Terastal phenomenon remained a mystery for quite some time."

"She/He discovered that the shining crystals down in Area Zero—or rather, the energy they emit—is what causes Pokémon to Terastallize."

Even if I think the nature of the "Time Machine" isn't 100% certain yet, there are things to consider from our time with the professor:

As you can see, the AI professor begins Terastallizing when the "time machine" initializes its program & begins "gathering Terastal energy"; Meaning it's doing so either by making the professor look like crystal (Maybe such crystal appearances gather energy better?) or maintaining a complete non-crystal appearance for the AI professor requires energy that it's now taking for the program's initialization.
It then says "AI Sada/Turo disabled. Paradise Protection Protocol initialized."

Whatever you make of the "energy gathering" that that "time machine does", I think it seems evident the AI professor is made using Tera Crystals.

The program it initializes using this energy is the Paradise Protection Protocol.

Consider this Area Zero journal the professor seemingly wrote:
"In order to better defend the Zero Lab, I have developed what I call the Poké Ball Lock System.
"Once it has identified IDs associated with specific Poké Balls, it can..."

The PPP seems to involve/utilize the Poké Ball Lock System.
Penny says about it "Gyah! Some crazy electrical signal is jamming our Poké Balls! Even I can't get them open!".

Considering the PPP was powered up using Terastal Energy, it seems the PBLS may also use it.

Lastly, the 'raidon battle seems to be framed like a Tera Raid Battle, arguably, since Arven, Nemona & Penny seem to be framed kinda like they're doing cheers, as one might in a Tera Raid Battle. But IMHO, it's a little ambiguous, & their dialogue isn't entirely like cheers.

So yeah. Tons of Light Manipulation (Emits strange light, turns Tera Crystals black; Changing the colour of something is Light Manipulation, IIRC.), Energy Manipulation (the Great Crater of Paldea has Tera Energy emissions "from time to time" that are slowly growing.), & probably a bunch of basis for Statistics Amplification & scaling based on the Tera Raid Pokemon & statements, as well as whatever Crystal Manipulation or whatever is.

Sorry about how long this took & not having images/footage for everything, I've been a little distracted tonight.
Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
Excellent. Third Legendary might bring something new to the table. From a very old leak(2017) that was extremely accurate with Scarlet,if the plot isn't modified,
Third Legendary wants to sink the island

Btw don't have the games......

Do you know what effects Type modifying moves/abilities have on Teras?

This could possibly give resistance to Tera modification

Excellent. Third Legendary might bring something new to the table. From a very old leak(2017) that was extremely accurate with Scarlet,if the plot isn't modified,

They don't

Soak fails, Protean/Libero does nothing, Roost keeps the user as a Flying type (rather than even turning to a Normal type as it'd do to a regular pure Flying type), Double Shock (Electric Burn Up) keeps the user as a Electric type (although the original Electric type of the user is "lost", if applicable, which is relevant for the STAB enhancement it'd otherwise grant like Adaptability), etc

Full leak?
There are other sources. Videos & documentation & such.

"Terastallized Pokémon cannot have their type changed from moves and Abilities such as Soak, Double Shock, and Protean. A Pokémon using Transform will not copy its opponent's Tera Type and instead keep its own. Additionally, if a Pokémon Terastallizes and then uses Transform, they will appear to lose their Tera Jewel but retain the crystalline body texture."
They don't

Soak fails, Protean/Libero does nothing, Roost keeps the user as a Flying type (rather than even turning to a Normal type as it'd do to a regular pure Flying type), Double Shock (Electric Burn Up) keeps the user as a Electric type (although the original Electric type of the user is "lost", if applicable, which is relevant for the STAB enhancement it'd otherwise grant like Adaptability), etc
Sadly, IDK the source for either of these sets of claims.

I'm inclined to believe them, but knowing source, maybe having footage, could be nice.

Shouldn't Terastralizing grant inorganic physiology? I've noticed that they seem to have their bodies transformed completely into crystal that you can see through.

In some languages Terastallizing could be translated back to English as "Teracristalizing" or so, so I'd be fine with that, although it'd be limited as the thing wears off when they're knocked out (this is most notable with Revival Blessing or a Revive, and I guess Tera Raid Battles in general)

In some languages Terastallizing could be translated back to English as "Teracristalizing" or so, so I'd be fine with that, although it'd be limited as the thing wears off when they're knocked out (this is most notable with Revival Blessing or a Revive, and I guess Tera Raid Battles in general)
Can you list off all abilities that are granted to Pokémon via Tera?

I don't have a good showing, no. Just my experience with the game. But I'm sure it can be found or someone else can record it cause I don't have good equipment for that

• Power Null (abilities, stat amp/reduction)
  • Self-Purification (status effects, stat reduction)
  • Forcefield Creation
  • Energy Projection (if the timer runs out the Tera'd mon just fires a beam that yeets everyone out)
  • Stat amp (Teras retain the original STAB boost of previous types, can stack like Adaptability)

Hey does anyone remember if that Limited Time/Space Manipulation for all Pokemon revision ever concluded &/or went through?

I'm trying to figure out why Pheromosa has Spatial Manipulation on its profile, & other than that, my best guess is something to do with Ultra Wormholes, but its profile seems to lack Portal Creation, which it would have if Pheromosa created Ultra Wormholes.

For that matter, why does it have Precognition? I half-wonder if it's because justifications would make the profile too "messy" for the alien roach's tastes.
Shouldn't Terastralizing grant inorganic physiology? I've noticed that they seem to have their bodies transformed completely into crystal that you can see through.
How do we know it isn't a shell? Darnit, if only that Arbok that got cut in half in the manga had been Terastallized!

There's also the dialogue about the Zero Lab, if y'all'll forgive me repeating it again:

Professor: "The structure you see before you is the Zero Lab."
Nemona: "That’s where you are, right, Professor?"
Penny: "But wait...why does it look like the whole place is being swallowed up by crystals?"
Professor: "The crystals here in Area Zero possess a peculiar energy. This energy can alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery. It is the same energy that allows Pokémon to Terastallize."
Arven: "So, this entire building’s been Terastallized? Is that what you’re saying?"
Penny: "Don’t be silly, Arven. The professor implied something important about Tera Orbs just now. They’re made from the crystals down here in Area Zero...aren’t they?"
Professor: "Indeed. Though not many know it."

The Zero Lab building is described by Penny as looking like its "being swallowed up by crystals", & the AI professor says the energy can "alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery". Presumably, living things don't become machines under Terastal energy, although the matter of the AI Professor's creation may be an exception to that.
Arven asking if "the building's been Terastallized" may indicate that this is standard for how Terastallizing affects things: Swallowing it in crystal & altering its function &/or optimizing its performance.
However, I'd scrutinize, because:

1. The AI Professor themselves seems to be made from Terastal Crystal,. & worse yet, while we don't know if they were ever under the influence of the PPP/Third Legendary at this point or prior, they may have been made by the Professor "under the influence" of the Professor; Dialogue indicates that the professor became obsessive, & 2 of the Scarlet/Violet Book's pages suggest Mind Manipulation can be done by the 3rd Legendary/"Disk Pokemon", which, by the professor's own ostensibly-pre-AI-creation research, is tied to Terastallization. As the AI Professor has the professor's knowledge & memories up to a point, it's unclear how uninfluenced they may be. Not to mention how incomplete it says their knowledge is if their "time machine" isn't truly a "time machine"

TL;DR - I wouldn't trust the AI Professor made of Terastal Energy (Who seemingly gets mind controlled by such.) made by a likely Tera Crystals influenced professor to speak entirely knowledgeably about the effects of Tera Crystals/Tera Energy.

2. Arven asking if the building's been Terastallized could just be for comedy, as Penny shoots his speculation down ("Don't be silly, Arven.".), (Although I don't think Penny actually explained WHY he's wrong, meaning it may not be fully valid to dismiss an arguably dramatic question like that.) & some would argue that he's kinda goofy & not the most intellectually reliable character.

I'm unsure if they've officially described the effects elsewhere, but both those pages say it "makes Pokémon shine and glimmer like gems".

The latter page also says:
"When a Pokémon Terastallizes, a Tera Jewel appears above the Pokémon’s head like a crown, and the Pokémon’s body glistens like a cut gemstone. It’s said that the Terastal energy that seeps from the ground of the Paldea region is involved in the phenomenon."

Raifort's history class, about Tera Pokemon in Area Zero says:
"And, around 140 years ago, Pokémon cloaked in a mysterious light were discovered there."

& in Ms. Dendra's class:
"These crystals are actually collections of Terastal energy that’s seeped up out of the ground!"

Oh, & there's Glimmora's Violet Pokedex entry:
Glimmora’s petals are made of crystallized poison energy. It has recently become evident that these petals resemble Tera Jewels.

So here's what seems to be said:
1. The Zero Lab building is described by Penny as looking like its "being swallowed up by crystals", & the AI professor says the energy can "alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery". Presumably, "living things" don't become "machines" under Terastal energy, although the matter of the AI Professor's creation may be an exception to that.
2. Arven asking if "the building's been Terastallized" may indicate that this is standard for how Terastallizing affects things: Swallowing it in crystal & altering its function &/or optimizing its performance.
(I'd apply scrutiny to the 1st 2 points, because of AI Professor's & Arven's characterizations, however.)
3. The Terastal Phenomenon's effect on Pokemon is described at least twice as that it "makes Pokémon shine and glimmer like gems".
4. In Ms. Raifort's history class, Tera Pokemon in Area Zero are described as "cloaked in a mysterious light".
5. In Ms. Dendra's battle studies class, she states that Tera Raid Crystals are actually collections "actually collections of Terastal energy that’s seeped up out of the ground!"
6. The same Pokedex entry that states Glimmora's petals are made of crystallized poison energy also states these petals resemble Tera Jewels, indicating the same may be true of Tera Jewels, which would be consistent with Tera Raid Crystals being collections of Terastal energy seeped up out of the ground.

I'd like to know what y'all think given this info, but if y'all, having considered this info still think it should remain as "Limited Organic Physiology", I'd be fine with that.

Sorry about the long answer for a short question.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's cloaking them in shit though. You literally can see through their bodies. That wouldn't make sense for it to be a shell

Based on what you've said, I don't think any inorganic physiology works here.

We don't give inorganic physiology for cloaking yourself in inorganic stuff
Well, keep in mind, the "cloaked in strange light" description was describing events recounted 140 years ago, & Tera Pokemon do emit light according to the official wesbite, so just because the 19th century researchers only mentioned them cloaked in light doesn't mean there weren't other effects.

There's also that if Terastal Energy is CRYSTALLIZED energy.... Well, I suppose it depends on if "crystallized" means being solid in a crystal-like pattern, or solid in a similar state to earthly, rock/geode-like crystals. (I'm concerned that someone may need to consult the Japanese text on the meaning of this.)
Was a revision involving this ever completed to implement that blog's proposed changes?
I'm not sure if it's cloaking them in shit though. You literally can see through their bodies. That wouldn't make sense for it to be a shell
That is strange. Scans? Are you sure it isn't just reflections?

Last edited:
Well, keep in mind, the "cloaked in strange light" description was describing events recounted 140 years ago, & Tera Pokemon do emit light according to the official wesbite, so just because the 19th century researchers only mentioned them cloaked in light doesn't mean there were other effects.
There's also that if Terastal Energy is CRYSTALLIZED energy.... Well, I suppose it depends on if "crystallized" means being solid in a crystal-like pattern, or solid in a similar state to earthly, rock/geode-like crystals. (I'm concerned that someone may need to consult the Japanese text on the meaning of this.)
True. Although I'm not a Japanese so I won't know where to look.

We just gotta wait for Japanese Bulbapedia to input the Japanese text for the character who explained the phenomenon
Was a revision involving this ever completed to implement that blog's proposed changes?
Nope. Seems like an abandoned project. Like the Pokémon physiology blog

One question I wanted to ask is it feel redundant inputting the source for each move in p&a when I can just link Bulbapedia at the end of it and call it a day

I listed a couple of abilities with justifications earlier tonight:
"So yeah. Tons of Light Manipulation (Emits strange light, turns Tera Crystals black; Changing the colour of something is Light Manipulation, IIRC.), Energy Manipulation (the Great Crater of Paldea has Tera Energy emissions "from time to time" that are slowly growing.), & probably a bunch of basis for Statistics Amplification & scaling based on the Tera Raid Pokemon & statements, as well as whatever Crystal Manipulation or whatever is."

....but I wanna put in more of an effort right now:

Light Manipulation (Emits strange light, especially strong blasts of Terastal Energy can cause Tera Raid Crystals, which are crystallized energy, to turn black, Tera Pokemon shine & glitter like gemstones.)
Energy Manipulation (Tera Crystals & Glimmora's Tera Jewel-like petals are made of crystallized energy, when the time machine is gathering Terastal Energy, the AI Professor begins taking on an appearance resembling Terastallization.)
Statistics Amplification (Powers up moves of the same type, Tera Raid Pokemon are stated repeatedly to be powerful, with Jacq even warning the protagonist about Black Tera Raid Crystal Pokemon, despite the protagonist having become Champion & cleared the Academy Ace Tournament by that point. The energy from the crystals in Area Zero is stated by the professor to be tremendous, & to have made their experiments much more unstable, & is stated by the AI Professor to be the same as what allows Pokemon to Terastallize, & to "alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery".)
Likely Technology Manipulation & possibly Organic Manipulation (Made the professor's experiments much more unstable, stated by the AI Professor to "alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery." The AI Professor stated that humanity lacks the knowledge to build such a sophisticated AI.)
Either the Tera Crystals or the Tera Raid Pokemon likely have Empowerment for a bunch of abilities (Grants several abilities to Tera Raid Pokemon. Trainers' cheers in Tera Raid Battles. The 'raidon vs 'raidon battle against the AI Professor seems to deliberately resemble a Tera Raid Battle.)
The Tera Raid Pokemon have those abilities that Bobsican listed earlier that I'm too lazy to list right now.
Possibly Limited Memory Manipulation (The AI Professor has the professor's memories & knowledge, seemingly up to a point, & was seemingly created by the professor through the use of Tera Crystals, but what, if any, other technologies were used to do so is unknown.)
Possibly Enhanced Sealing (Like other projects, the professor seems to have developed the Poke Ball Lock System through the use of Terastal Energy, & it seems to use it, as the Paradise Protection Protocol gathers Terastal Energy before initializing the program that seems to be the Poke Ball Lock System, which prevents Pokemon exiting their Poke Balls.)

& all the Elemental Manipulation abilities relevant for Pokemon types, presumably, since Terastallization can make a Pokemon Terastallize into any type, although any given Pokemon can only have one, preset Tera Type at a time.

I THINK that's most everything. Mind Manipulation is arguable, but it'd be based on 2 of the pages from the Scarlet/Violet Book, both seemingly written by Heath, analysis of the original professor's behaviour, the Time Machine/PPP taking control of the AI Professor, & Ms. Dendra saying that Tera Pokemon "sometimes act differently than regular Pokémon". (Which could just be in regards to game mechanics.)

Is there any in S/V evidence that non-'raidon Pokemon can exit their Poke Balls without their trainers allowing it? If so, it'd make calling the PBLS's Sealing enhanced (Compared to that of the Sealing types of Poke Balls normally have.) less shaky in justification.
True. Although I'm not a Japanese so I won't know where to look.

We just gotta wait for Japanese Bulbapedia to input the Japanese text for the character who explained the phenomenon
What about searching for a text dump or such?
One question I wanted to ask is it feel redundant inputting the source for each move in p&a when I can just link Bulbapedia at the end of it and call it a day
What do you mean by "source"?

Last edited:
"So yeah. Tons of Light Manipulation (Emits strange light, turns Tera Crystals black; Changing the colour of something is Light Manipulation, IIRC.), Energy Manipulation (the Great Crater of Paldea has Tera Energy emissions "from time to time" that are slowly growing.), & probably a bunch of basis for Statistics Amplification & scaling based on the Tera Raid Pokemon & statements, as well as whatever Crystal Manipulation or whatever is."

Light Manipulation (Emits strange light, especially strong blasts of Terastal Energy can cause Tera Raid Crystals, which are crystallized energy, to turn black, change, shine & glitter like gemstones.)
Energy Manipulation (Tera Crystals & Glimmora's Tera Jewel-like petals are made of crystallized energy, when the time machine is gathering Terastal Energy, the AI Professor begins taking on an appearance resembling Terastallization.)
Statistics Amplification (Powers up moves of the same type, Tera Raid Pokemon are stated repeatedly to be powerful, with Jacq even warning the protagonist about Black Tera Raid Crystal Pokemon, despite the protagonist having become Champion & cleared the Academy Ace Tournament by that point. The energy from the crystals in Area Zero is stated by the professor to be tremendous, & to have made their experiments much more unstable, & is stated by the AI Professor to be the same as what allows Pokemon to Terastallize, & to "alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery".)
Likely Technology Manipulation & possibly Organic Manipulation (Made the professor's experiments much more unstable, stated by the AI Professor to "alter the functions of living things and optimize the performance of machinery." The AI Professor stated that humanity lacks the knowledge to build such a sophisticated AI.)
Either the Tera Crystals or the Tera Raid Pokemon likely have Empowerment for a bunch of abilities (Grants several abilities to Tera Raid Pokemon. Trainers' cheers in Tera Raid Battles. The 'raidon vs 'raidon battle against the AI Professor seems to deliberately resemble a Tera Raid Battle.)
The Tera Raid Pokemon have those abilities that Bobsican listed earlier that I'm too lazy to list right now.
Possibly Limited Memory Manipulation (The AI Professor was created by the professor through the use of Tera Crystals, but what, if any, other technologies were used to do is unknown.)
Possibly Enhanced Sealing (Like other projects, the professor seems to have developed the Poke Ball lock system through the use of Terastal Energy, & it seems to use it, as the Paradise Protection Protocol gathers Terastal Energy before initializing the program that seems to be the Poke Ball Lock System, which prevents Pokemon exiting their Poke Balls.)

& all the Elemental Manipulation abilities relevant for Pokemon types, presumably, since Terastallization can make a Pokemon Terastallize into any type, although any given Pokemon can only have one, preset Tera Type at a time.

I THINK that's most everything. Mind Manipulation is arguable, but it'd be based on 2 of the pages from Heath's journal, analysis of the original professor's behaviour, the Time Machine/PPP taking control of the AI Professor, & Ms. Dendra saying that Tera Pokemon "sometimes act differently than regular Pokémon". (Which could just be in regards to game mechanics.)t
This looks great. I do wonder, I was under the impression I'll only list things Tera does to Pokémon and not the other things Tera energy does.

Will it be fine to write out everything Tera can do?
Is there any in S/V evidence that non-'raidon Pokemon can exit their Poke Balls without their trainers allowing it? If so, it'd make calling the PBLS's Sealing enhanced (Compared to that of the Sealing types of Poke Balls normally have.) less shaky in justification.

What about searching for a text dump or such?
Text dump exist. Except finding where they explain it will be hard
What do you mean by "source"?
Linking the source of the feat I mean. Eg.
Fire manipulation (Via Ember)

I don't know whether I should
1. Link only the references
2. Link "Ember" to Bulbapedia
3. Just leave it as is and link to Bulbapedia under "Notable Techniques"

We will only give Terastallizing to pokemon in SV right?
Probably. When Tera Pokemon were found in Area Zero, 140 years ago, they were "cloaked in a mysterious light" which faded when they were taken out of Area Zero.
Area Zero has been emitting energy from time to time that's been growing stronger, which causes Pokemon to Terastallize.
I'm unsure if the Tera Raid Crystals (Which are made of crystallized Terastal Energy.) emit the same kind of Terastallization-causing Energy that the crystals in Area Zero do.
Based on how the Zero Lab is described as looking as if it's "being swallowed up by crystals" & the energy emissions from Area Zero becoming stronger, it could be possible that the crystals there are growing, which would extend their range.

& of course, that then-130-year-old "problem" was why the professor developed the Tera Orb technology, 10 years ago.
Although, beyond that the Tera Orb holds a charge (Which Pokemon centers can restore, attacking Tera Raid Pokemon can charge, & some Tera Raid Pokemon can steal the charge from.), I'm unsure precisely how it works.

So, in theory, it could be possible for the range of locations where Pokemon can become Terastallized to be expanded, especially over time. AFAIK, the only requirements seem to be the presence of Terastal Crystals/Energy &/or a Tera Orb.
Which is unfortunate for anyone dreading the idea of adding it to all the profiles.

Last edited:
This looks great. I do wonder, I was under the impression I'll only list things Tera does to Pokémon and not the other things Tera energy does.

Will it be fine to write out everything Tera can do?
I'd say it's probably reasonable to omit the things Pokemon aren't known to be responsible for, since we don't know if a Pokemon or just tech/crystals was involved in stuff like making the AI, Paradox Pokemon's presence in the present, the PBLS, the arguable Mind Manipulation, etc.
Text dump exist. Except finding where they explain it will be hard
Ah, that's good. I can probably try to find something in the text dump. Although, it's a bit daunting since I may have to check multiple things, & I'm not up to that extra research AtM
Linking the source of the feat I mean. Eg.
Fire manipulation (Via Ember)

I don't know whether I should
1. Link only the references
2. Link "Ember" to Bulbapedia
3. Just leave it as is and link to Bulbapedia under "Notable Techniques"
I'd like it if other people could weigh in on this, please.

I'd say it's probably reasonable to omit the things Pokemon aren't known to be responsible for, since we don't know if a Pokemon or just tech/crystals was involved in stuff like making the AI, Paradox Pokemon's presence in the present, the PBLS, the arguable Mind Manipulation, etc.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking anyway. Was a bit weird we'd be adding everything
Ah, that's good. I can probably try to find something in the text dump. Although, it's a bit daunting since I may have to check multiple things, & I'm not up to that extra research AtM
Haha, that's me.

Hopefully Japanese Bulbapedia does its work

Light Manipulation (Emits strange light, especially strong blasts of Terastal Energy can cause Tera Raid Crystals, which are crystallized energy, to turn black, Tera Pokemon shine & glitter like gemstones.)
Possibly Limited Memory Manipulation (The AI Professor has the professor's memories & knowledge, seemingly up to a point, & was seemingly created by the professor through the use of Tera Crystals, but what, if any, other technologies were used to do so is unknown.)
Possibly Enhanced Sealing (Like other projects, the professor seems to have developed the Poke Ball Lock System through the use of Terastal Energy, & it seems to use it, as the Paradise Protection Protocol gathers Terastal Energy before initializing the program that seems to be the Poke Ball Lock System, which prevents Pokemon exiting their Poke Balls.)

I THINK that's most everything. Mind Manipulation is arguable, but it'd be based on 2 of the pages from the Scarlet/Violet Book, both seemingly written by Heath, analysis of the original professor's behaviour, the Time Machine/PPP taking control of the AI Professor, & Ms. Dendra saying that Tera Pokemon "sometimes act differently than regular Pokémon". (Which could just be in regards to game mechanics.)
Remembered this little bit after seeing this, in gameplay Tera boosts moves that don't have priority or multihit to 60 BP if they aren't already that strong after factoring stuff like Technician

Back