• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Tier Adjustment

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Currently, mega Pokemon are 'At least 7-A' for being vastly superior to regular Pokemon, who are vastly superior to Pupitar. However, Pupitar's feat is in the high end of 7-A, and wasn't a full power feat in itself. This, plus the massive scaling chain, makes the current ratings a gross lowball at best.

We scaled megas to be >> Marowak w/ the Thick Club + Pure/Huge Power Pokemon before, which was why they were High 6-C+ and not just High 6-C. Shouldn't we make Huge/Pure Power Pokemon High 7-A, since they already massively scale above 7-A+ without the 2x boost that Thick Club etc gives, and therefore megas as well for scaling above them?

Sidenote: This needs to be looked at agai

Downgrades should've never happened in the first place. I still very much believe that, though I don't exactly have time to state all the examples of why so, which would mention other verses' calcs.

Dragopentling said:
Downgrades should've never happened in the first place. I still very much believe that, though I don't exactly have time to state all the examples of why so, which would mention other verses' calcs.
Let me guess...we are biased aga8nst Pokemon. Let's not start this mess. You've said this before and you to be blunt are horribly mistaken.

I mean if we did it before and it was fine, I see no issue this time around. But I will remain neutral.

Let me guess...we are biased aga8nst Pokemon. Let's not start this mess. You've said this before and you to be blunt are horribly mistaken.

Horribly mistaken? Yes, perhaps. Having no right to at least question why something was off regarding the whole revisions? That's another thing entirely.

Heck, I don't even have the mental energy to care anymore by this point. We're just out here revising stuff that's either outdated or questionable. I'm just saying that the proper re-calcs should apply for other verses to be fair. I'll admit that it'll be hella long process because of how darn ginormous this site is.

In that case, make a crt for those verses, because "others do it" is not a reasoning.

You'll find that most are a completely different thing them Pokemon, but regardless.

@Drago please give your opinion on the actual thread before complaining about other stuff, it's derailing the main topic now.

GyroNutz said:
@Drago please give your opinion on the actual thread before complaining about other stuff, it's derailing the main topic now.
My opinion straight up? Sry for being indirect, then.

While I'd leave the current tiers as they are, I'd honestly would want it back at High 6C (or at least plain 6C) due to your explanations. I think it's because of how every mon in certain stages of evolution is powerscaled to others in the same evolution stages (non evolvable are scaled differently based on stats or lore feats, I think)....that inconsistencies can follow. Like Pupitar's feat would be legit, yet many fully evolved mons are supposedly unable to achieve AP feats comparable enough to the aforementioned, if you get I'm trying to say here. The new storm calcs, which I wasn't a big fan of, didn't really help clean up stuff, either.

But hey, I'm just in the minority here, and at least this response isn't "derailing" the topic, right?

Uh, not really what I meant, sorry.

Do you think it's fair that Megas, pure power and thick club Pokemon are rated as High 7-A, given that fully evolved Pokemon stay rated at 7-A+?

As of right now, yes, I'd say it's fair unless opponents can provide complete and convincing counterarguments, which I didn't feel like were made during previous threads.

Alright, thanks.

So far there are 4 supporters towards this, one neutral and one against, though there's currently no reasoning against this.

I'm not against it because I don't find it legit. I just find it better for matches to leave them where they are. Of course, it being legit is it being legit

Soul Calibur has a few with equalized speed such as Inferno, Abyss and Nightmare who don't need to rely on AP.

there's also Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile, too, in terms of doubling one's power. Mega Beedrill also has Adaptability as well, in addition :p

Meh...at least I wouldn't have to upgrade every single Pokemon again. I suppose this is fine, especially since it's explicitly a 2X boost with Huge Power, and Mega-Pokemon should scale.

Back