• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Tier Adjustment

I'm gonna go to bed now and sort this out tomorrow evening, since there's more than enough support for this.

Not that it matters so much for the profiles, but do we rate megas as being baseline High 7-A, unquantifiably superior to baseline High 7-A or do we go by my scaling chain 7 messages above?

IMO, we should only quantify the Megas as being superior to baseline High 7-A, since 2 of the users of Pure Power/Huge Power are not really that strong (Azumarill and Diggersby), we could consider said Pokemons with those ability High 7-A, but i think they would be Glass cannons

Drite77 said:
IMO, we should only quantify the Megas as being superior to baseline High 7-A, since 2 of the users of Pure Power/Huge Power are not really that strong (Azumarill and Diggersby), we could consider said Pokemons with those ability High 7-A, but i think they would be Glass cannons
You have a good point with that. Also, not all individuals of certain Pokémon that can have Huge/Pure Power will 100% for sure have the ability. I also think there should be a separate description in the Tiering section for the ability, like with Lucario's Adaptability (Beedrill should have the same formality, too, imo).

DragonEmperor23 said:
It's not really a glass cannon to be 2X as weak durable as you are attack potency.
I was considering that since the would be High 7-A, they would be put against guys that could possibly ko them

I mean, with this, they would already be High 7-A, since they only get that in the Mega forms

Oh yea my bad, lol. I forgot to specify, cause Mega Evolutions only have one ability and no optional ones. I was referring to non-Mega mons like Azumarill and Diggersby

Me too, about Azumarill, the poor guy have only used one Physical move post Gen 2 in the entire anime series, i am making an text to cover more that

About Azumarill, acording to his Major Appearences in Bulbapedia, apparently the only physical move that it have used post Gen 2 is Slam in one of BW episodes (the 129), but i have to watch the episode to confirm if that hit a thin, if we consider Pre Gen 3 in anime to have abilities, an Azumarill have used Iron Tail before in the Johto League. In Diggersby case, since Huge Power is a hidden ability, i am unsure if is normal for him to have that in the wild. I could check the Minor Appearences, but i would lost my mind if i did that since they are normally cameos of the Pokemons, i am almost sure that we don't have alot to see from that. About Medicham can't we just consider that PIS? the guy have a considerable amount of appearences that he battled Ash's Pokemon, not only Pikachu, so there is that

I mean, if Huge Power/Pure Power make them double the attack, that wouldn't mean that Azumarill, Diggersby and Medicham would be High 7-A cal?

Reminder that the current 7-A+ feat is done by a second stage Pokemon. Even without Pure/Huge Power, every 7-A Pokemon should be very much above the 7-A+ feat.

The pre-evos of psuedoes generally aren't all that impressive compared with other second stage Pokemon.

Dont know if this counts, but Clair's Dragonair give a though fight for Ash's Charizard, and that was a Dratini 4 episodes before that fight

And Ash beat Roark's Rampardos, even though Ash lost to it as a Cranidos just two episodes before that. And he beat it with a Turtwig, no less.

So what?

Don't know man, the anime is full of PIS, so the feats of the Pseudos Mid-Stage defeating Third-Stage should be considered PIS?

Everything from the anime should be taken with a grain of salt, honestly. I can barely ever trust it after the whole "Ash's Pikachu losing to a Level 5 Snivy" incident.

No. I mean a Mid-Stage can beat a Fully evolved Pokemon in the games as well. Of course there are PIS moments in the anime, but, that doesn't mean everything in the anime should be taken as a grain of salt.

To be fair, Clair's Draonair, Morrison's Metang and Alain's Metang are the only Mid-Staged Pseudo pokemon that i found that have battled Third-Staged Pokemons and gived them a hard time, and only Alain's Metang have won against a Third-Stage pokemon

Starter Pack said:
I can barely ever trust it after the whole "Ash's Pikachu losing to a Level 5 Snivy" incident.
But that was explained. It literally took zekrom to nerf Pikachu in order for the snivy to battle it.

That situation was easy to understand why it happened that way.

Though Pikachu HAS also lost for plot convenience, obviously.

BTW, Gyro, do you think that the wins that the Second Stage of Pseudos get against Third Stage should be considered PIS?

Not to my memory.

@Drite yeah, it's consistent that third stage Pokemon >>> second stage Pokemon. Besides, most cases where a second stage beats/competes with a third stage, it's cause the second stage pokemon is well trained.

GyroNutz said:
He also got beat up by a wild Grubbin in Alola
I mean wild Pokemon in the Anime can range from a multitude of levels. We could legit say that is just a super powerful Grubbin.

Walks outside.

"Oh boy, time to start my poke-adventure! Look, a Raticate!"

Level 99 and perfect IV's intensifies.

teeth starts glowing

Trainer and lvl 5 starter get knocked into the next region.

Back