• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Cana upgrade (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is only a sort of upgrade for X792/X793 Cana since this is only a proposal to upgrade her high-end tier, so her low-end tier for X792-3 should still be the same as it is now (7-B to 7-B+).

This is a big stretch but:

1. Brandish did choose to dodge her card attack, implying that it could've done at least some damage had it hit (not much, mind you, as Brandish was no doubt far stronger).

2. She had no issue getting ready to throw down against Brandish alongside Star Dress Lucy.

3. August at the very least dodged her card attacks. Yes it was mostly in large part due to him not being able to copy them and her attacks that actually hit him didn't do any damage, but he at the very least felt the need to dodge instead of blocking (which he no doubt could've done with magic since he should know every non-Holder defensive magic in the FT verse), which should mean something.

4. In 100 Year Quest, Juvia told Base Gray to be careful when fighting a drunk Cana, and keep in mind this was right after they'd beaten the Thunder Legion. Hell, she even dodged one of his attacks while drunk.

But, since I still doubt she scales to Team Natsu without Fairy Glitter and her even being at the level of those right beneath them isn't a given, I think without Fairy Glitter she should be:

"At least 7-B, likely 7-B+, possibly 6-A", so that she scales to 1/2 of Team Natsu like Base Gray, Base Wendy, etc.

Hmmmm, this is interesting

I do think Cana is stronger than we're giving her credit for, but the main issue is a lack of solid feats with her standard magic

Hmmmm, this is interesting

I do think Cana is stronger than we're giving her credit for, but the main issue is a lack of solid feats with her standard magic
Agreed.

She has SO MUCH potential with her card magic yet Mashima ignores her.

Just look at Fairy Tail fanon to see all the cool potential that Card Magic has!

I do want to say that this is not saying that she's on par with Team Natsu members like Lucy, only that she's POSSIBLY comparable to the likes of Base Gray and Base Wendy.

Honestly, I do agree with this. Cana doesn’t have many feats but I think we’ve downplayed her too much. I mean, she knocked out an off-guard Brandish in one hit

So yeah this looks good

I think that X792 Cana should be a 6-A, while X793 Cana should be a High 6-A since Juvia told Base Gray to be careful against her even though she'd just seen him take out the Thunder Legion.

Ok, took me a while, but I looked at all of Cana's feats

1. Forcing Brandish to dodge her Card Attacks
wL015n8.jpg

2. Knocking out an off guard Brandish
JLIkWsd.jpg

3. Hurting Alvarez Soliders
QoRepwO.jpg

4. And I can't believe this... But forcing August to dodge her attacks 3 times
5XRX400.jpg

lA2FUxH.jpg

EP2mCyf.png

5. Taking a hit from August
nGFRQPx.jpg

6. Seemingly hitting August with an attack and making him go "Guh!!"
meSIns5.jpg

Honestly I'm not even sure she needs to be just 7-B to 7-B+ now... Cause pretty much all her feats make her High 6-A, which is nuts

Ok, took me a while, but I looked at all of Cana's feats

1. Forcing Brandish to dodge her Card Attacks
wL015n8.jpg

2. Knocking out an off guard Brandish
JLIkWsd.jpg

3. Hurting Alvarez Soliders
QoRepwO.jpg

4. And I can't believe this... But forcing August to dodge her attacks 3 times
5XRX400.jpg

lA2FUxH.jpg

EP2mCyf.png

5. Taking a hit from August
nGFRQPx.jpg

6. Seemingly hitting August with an attack and making him go "Guh!!"
meSIns5.jpg

Honestly I'm not even sure she needs to be just 7-B to 7-B+ now... Cause pretty much all her feats make her High 6-A, which is nuts
My girl getting some respect! Thank you for finding this extra info!

Also, she was kinda portrayed as comparable to Lucy when she had no trouble getting ready to fight alongside Star Dress Lucy against Brandish

I think she's the first High 6-A bisexual on VS battles ever

Btw, which High 6-A value will she scale to?

Since she hurt Battle Form August and made him dodge...

Maybe she should scale to Brandish's level in terms of power without cards as well as durability and striking strength, but with cards she could go to a higher High 6-A value

i dont really think "forcing bradish to dodge" even counts. She doesn't even look like she's worried or afraid of the attack hitting her, she just casually dodges it, her face looks very uninterested so I doubt that counts for anything. Same for the second scan of knocking her out... she was completely off guard... 😑

as for the soldiers, sure.

For August, it could actually work. Cause, while it's unclear in the manga- in the anime, it looks like she actually hurts him with her card magic. And yeah her durability obviously scales due to taking a hit from August.

Count me as agree i guess

We're definitely not scaling Cana to August, considering it's a massive outlier, but it does mean Cana is capable of fighting High 6-A people

why would that be an outlier?

well whatever then, the soldiers are fine, but i still disagree with brandish

Why would that be an outlier?
Just cause of how she's considered in the Guild narratively and how Gildarts and August are very clearly far stronger than her

But she could still survive a fight with him... So like, it doesn't make sense for her to not scale even a little

But yeah, she didn't actually hurt him as it's said he's basically undamaged next chapter

We can probably scale Cana to the Oracion Seis considering her performance was far better than them and she took a hit better than they did

We can probably scale Cana to the Oracion Seis considering her performance was far better than them and she took a hit better than they did
I like it!

We can also add that she had zero issue preparing to face down Brandish alongside Star Dress Lucy.

Also, who would her X793 self scale to?

I like it!

We can also add that she had zero issue preparing to face down Brandish alongside Star Dress Lucy.

Also, who would her X793 self scale to?
Just stronger than before, we know Gray considers her base stats weaker than the Thunder Legion and that he can one-shot her

Just stronger than before, we know Gray considers her base stats weaker than the Thunder Legion and that he can one-shot her
Well to be fair she was drunk as a skunk when Gray said that, not to mention Juvia (who'd just seen him flatten the Thunder Legion) told him to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back