• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Character's downplayed to 7-B off of this supposed rivalry off ONE RUN when she's pretty consistent at High 6-C with powers otherwise, and using whataboutisms on other files is inconsiderate of the fact it's 600 ******* files, we've already tried doing major referencing and updating projects like Daredevil, Deadpool and Iron Man which was taxing as ****, and no, it's still adding to the workload since I'd have to scour 100 more issues, and ****, Spiral is a 90s character.

Meanwhile page poster admits to not having read her appearances fully, and for some reason acts like we don't list the references thing very bluntly in Powerscaling Rules page, hell it's site standard now.

Jinx if you want we can retrieve the source code for you to shift it into your sandbox to fix up the issues stated, but the page in its current state I completely disagree being up.
Spiral is downplayed???
I don't think shes High 6-C at all honestly, she just relies heavily on Hax and magic. You could make the argument but I did mention it could have been higher. Nonetheless her run with Psylocke is clearly her most involved run and display of prowess. Shes a menace to characters like Rogue at most, but shes always knocked out in one hit usually.

I still dont see the problem with just Spiral when these 600 files contain the majority of much more appeared and controversial characters. If you're giving this treatment to 1 page, and you havent bothered to inform beforehand of the way it works in disclaimer, and every other page is allowed to thrive on scans (and i had more references than most), then i dont see why just Spiral is so intimidating. Especially when the respect thread compiles most of her feats since 2017. Certainly not enough to outright delete.

No, not every Marvel fan reads every single comic iteration of the character, nor has the time or interest to go down that rabbit hole. I get that clearly makes me 'inferior' in being able to reference (Though nobody uses references over scans in debating just generally, theyre a courtesy), but nonetheless shouldnt be enough to gatekeep, especially when i had scans that show individual powers in just one page.

It certainly was never inforced. In Editing Rules, it states that 'Always include the References section in character pages', but from what im seeing, tons of pages, even new ones dont have (or need most of the time) the references. None of them get deleted for not referencing absolutely every single thing. I get Marvel and DC are convoluted verses, but i dont see why scans dont suffice for power ability listings, and i compromised with referencing for actual stat justifications. I dont see why its only my 1 page thats being enforced this strongly about it
You need a bold disclaimer on the actual Marvel Verse page that the pages are all apparently being revamped to fit this new 'minimum standard', so that people dont waste their time and feel trampled on when the page gets completely deleted cause it was using scans like mostly every other Marvel page on this wiki.

I saved the source code myself knowing something like this could happen, and if its a compromise then whatever, (I dont exactly want to read every iteration of Spirals appearances, thats homework. I have a paid job and land to look over) but I still really dont see why just Spiral is being targeted with this treatment. Because shes a 90s character? When mostly every other character whose got a page has had more appearences and more controversy behind her?
Seems to just be a hugely unnecessary delete, and hardly anything added to your workload as is given the state of the majority of profiles now incomplete.

You keep bringing up old files, and we keep repeating, we will get to it. Do you really think people have time to go through tens of thousands of issues to fix hundreds of files? It's obviously a slow process. We just want the new files to be of a certain standard.

You keep bringing up old files, and we keep repeating, we will get to it. Do you really think people have time to go through tens of thousands of issues to fix hundreds of files? It's obviously a slow process. We just want the new files to be of a certain standard.
Honestly its just the principle that you've all decided to delete just my page, based mainly around not referencing absolutely everything to your standards, while you're keeping the rest, and havent bothered at all to put it boldy and publically that this is going to be how it works. Its a con and a detriment to my work.

If youre gatekeeping the entire verse to only comic readers that have the time and effort to reference absolutely everything over scans (that wouldnt get taken out of context most of the time), Then it needs to be boldly stated somewhere. Cause this just feels out of nowhere and overbloating some big issue about just Spiral.
And quite frankly i dont just want to sit here and be the victim of it all. Deleting pages that clearly arent minimal to the precedent isnt fair when you've issued 0 warning that you can delete any profile you deem unworthy.

The way yall keep acting like Spiral is at all going to be difficult compared to the many, many other characters you have to reference and scan for, that appear far more mainstream and controversially, yet shes the only one being deleted, is unjust.

Honestly its just the principle that you've all decided to delete just my page, based mainly around not referencing absolutely everything to your standards, while you're keeping the rest, and havent bothered at all to put it boldy and publically that this is going to be how it works. Its a con and a detriment to my work.
We've literally deleted other pages on the same grounds before, hell I've deleted other staff members' pages.
that have the time and effort to reference absolutely everything over scans (that wouldnt get taken out of context most of the time), Then it needs to be boldly stated somewhere.
Jinx i don't think this statement is particularly powerful when multiple users across the forum do indeed do that.

And no it is stated in the Powerscaling rules, and hell, just you wait since it's just gonna be site standard now in a few days.
Cause this just feels out of nowhere and overbloating some big issue about just Spiral.
We just really specifically hate Spiral yeah, unreasonably so, I have some deep rooted trauma with her kicking my ass in MvC2 or some shit.

Like, there's no great conspiracy here, just reference everything, and also I just utterly disagree she's not High 6-C in stats, 7-B off one character is downplaying her immensely, and her being treated as exclusively a Psylocke rogue is very reductive of how much a general X-Men threat she is.

Such as?

Multiple? Compared to the majority that dont reference, and the ones that only use scans? Most pages on this wiki dont have a reference section, mainly cause its unnecessary as no one uses references to check power (only legitimacy and context that can be stated), so its reasonably not enforced. And glad that they ahve the time, energy and passion to do so, but the major scope of your members clearly dont, and are fine with scans.

It'll be site standard to put major references on every page?
Thats...sort of a bad idea...thats going to isolate most of your page makers that dont want to look through the entirety of mangas, animes, comics. Wiki will be insanely stagnant spare a few people. Since im assuming this means you'll delete every page with lack of referencing Everything.

Its less about Spiral, and more about the random regular user making pages that ppl delete and dont care cause theres isnanely high minimum standards all of a sudden that havent been noted anywhere.

I didnt want to ovevrate her. Im fine with making her High 6-C if shes truly that powerful, but it just does not seem that way when shes never consistenly shown or damaged ppl of that level other than through clear hax.
Its less conspiracy and more injustice. 'reference everything' is an insane amount of work for people that dont read the comics but still want to contribute. Really dont see why scans arent okay.

Thats...sort of a bad idea...thats going to isolate most of your page makers that dont want to look through the entirety of mangas, animes, comics. Wiki will be insanely stagnant spare a few people. Since im assuming this means you'll delete every page with lack of referencing Everything.

It has been discussed in this thread, and is slated to be implemented as soon as the Editing Rules page gets unlocked.

Most pages already do implement references to that extent.

Poorly formatted and justifications are also whack. If there's no one who wants to clean it up, I can go ahead and delete it.

It has been discussed in this thread, and is slated to be implemented as soon as the Editing Rules page gets unlocked.

Most pages already do implement references to that extent.

Yeah, that sounds completely inefficient. Assuming youre just gonna up and delete every page posted that isnt riddled with absolutely every reference over scans. That begs for the future

References are great and all, but this is a huge job and makes pages at the least 2x harder (for characters of large franchises) for everyone if they have to look through absolutely every source and link it somehow.

Can easily see this putting the wiki at a huge stagnant, for years if you have to cover every page currently that doesnt have a reference.

But heck im not making any big thread to argue about it for weeks. I just dont want to have this unnecessary restricted freedom when 99% of the time no one uses the references and this isnt exactly a huge professional wiki that needs to be held to college essay/research paper standards. If it was a single franchise only wiki, then yh references are a lot more informative, but yall have to take that and consider it for the thousands of verses that are on this site.

Poorly formatted and justifications are also whack. If there's no one who wants to clean it up, I can go ahead and delete it.
Just delete it. Too inconsistent and it would be a headache to even think about clean up.

@Jinx666 It only applies to new pages.

And if you're adding anything to a page, whether that's a feat or an ability, you'd have to find it in the source material first. This just means that you have to note down where you found it instead of just screenshotting it.

As someone who has been using references for almost 3 years, it's barely harder than adding scans for everything (and imo it looks a whole lot nicer). Sure, it's a lot easier to just never provide proof for anything, but it's nice for things to have evidence.

@Jinx666 It only applies to new pages.

And if you're adding anything to a page, whether that's a feat or an ability, you'd have to find it in the source material first. This just means that you have to note down where you found it instead of just screenshotting it.

As someone who has been using references for almost 3 years, it's barely harder than adding scans for everything (and imo it looks a whole lot nicer). Sure, it's a lot easier to just never provide proof for anything, but it's nice for things to have evidence.
Not always as simple when you write pages off knowledge and cant always find the exact reference. Obv pages shouldnt be wrote on just your head, but its not always going to be from the source material to make easy note of. Also a pain to find some sources out of translation

And just because you find it easy, and have the time to go over it all, doesnt mean the majority of ppl that contribute to this wiki do. Its great that you can but its gonna isolate the massive amount of help yall get, when this 'proof' is never really contested most of the time, and is always linked and explained. This requires people to reread and rewatch through the entirety of the iterations and media (which is varying levels, and could be fun for a lot), but is just an obvious nightmare when you consider the sheer size of some of these franchises. You'll need like, dedicated fans for every verse.

Its less proof when scans, links and all that are used much more frequently, but yall are approaching literaly 30'000 pages for this wiki, and im assuming all of them need references in most cases. And if future pages will get deleted for not referencing what can easily be linked and uncontested then yh, this wiki is gonna be at a huge stagnant like it was when the editing was completely closed off for like a year.

But honestly i'll let you all get to that and see for yourselves. Obviously not opposed to references but they definitely shouldnt be the minimum and enforced.

Last edited:
I'll just be blunt, for all the arguments of "fairness", fact of the matter is, the page is bad, we're penalizing a page, we aren't penalizing you, you CHOOSE TO PRESUME it is penalizing you, when we haven't even issued an official warning towards you.

Page is bad, it's staying off the wiki, instead of posting 8 textwall responses on the thread you deadass could've reverse image-searched all the scans, hell you could've read through most of the appearances at this point if you read fast enough.

I'm not arguing further because there isn't an argument further, it just straight up doesn't meet the profile criteria and we will not reinstate it because you just REALLY WANT IT, or you didn't know the rules.

I can only offer an apology for it not being clearer on the verse page, that's the best we can do for you in terms of reparations, but otherwise guilt-tripping us to keep a bad page just, isn't a thing.

I'll just be blunt, for all the arguments of "fairness", fact of the matter is, the page is bad, we're penalizing a page, we aren't penalizing you, you CHOOSE TO PRESUME it is penalizing you, when we haven't even issued an official warning towards you.
'Page is bad' when you have literally tons of other Marvel pages that use scans. you only say its bad because now apparently we all have to reference absolutely everything without proper disclaimer. Issuing an 'official warning' for me just trying to defend my page here, when theres tons not of my fault wouldnt beappropriate no

Its more the fact you dont see it as anything because it was my work and why im annoyed about it, when ive made several points on the general flaws on this wikis end about it. And the fact you're acting like Spiral is at all a problem compared to every other character. Blatant Gatekeeping
Page is bad, it's staying off the wiki, instead of posting 8 textwall responses on the thread you deadass could've reverse image-searched all the scans, hell you could've read through most of the appearances at this point if you read fast enough.
'if you read fast enough'
No. I'm not interested in your homework. Im not going to read the comics.
All pages up until suddenly now, with nothing stating or reinforcing when theres so many pages, like Spiderman of all characters, that were on the exact same level as mine.
Worth revision in the future but deletion??????
And i did add references and find things. But obviously it wasnt absolutely everything so its about as useless as all the other pages you keep around on this wiki
I'm not arguing further because there isn't an argument further, it just straight up doesn't meet the profile criteria and we will not reinstate it because you just REALLY WANT IT, or you didn't know the rules.
There were no officially stated rules when most of the verse is literally on the same level of using scans with no references as mine was. You're singularly targetting mine, when Spiral isnt even that hard of a character.
I would like if my work wasnt the only one being thrown on the ground and removed when most pages are still like this in Marvel and there was no attempt at informing of these widescale revisions.
I can only offer an apology for it not being clearer on the verse page, that's the best we can do for you in terms of reparations, but otherwise guilt-tripping us to keep a bad page just, isn't a thing.

It isnt on the verse page at all.

Guilt tripping jesus christ.
Get rid of the rest of the 'bad pages' in that case. Its complete injustice and its annoying that this is what staff are fine with.

I'll make whatever pages i want lol, this is a hobby.

Especially when i had no way of knowing that the standards have suddenly changed. Trust me, this has just told me to keep well away from Marvel DC on this wiki, mistake i wont ever be making again.

Literally if you spend even 1 hour a day on the forum, you will notice all the important changes that are being implemented. It's not an excuse.
Well i didnt. And it should be stated on the main wiki because not everyone goes on this.

Me not looking and following a few threads that constantly post, especially Marvel, after ive had a long hiatus from this site isnt my bad. It should be made clear and obvious to the public about these changes. Not up to me to assume theres some sudden huge change going on with the verse, when tons of pages of even the most mainstream Marvel characters are considered bad right now.

Fr if its for DC too then its gonna be even longer. Gl

Last edited:
Either way ive seen how it is now, honestly ill just be observing marvel for the forseeable future, we dont have to continue this

Perhaps before deleting it, you could have turned it into a sandbox or something. Would have been a better option. But since it's gone, I would rather it stays gone.

If anyone wants to recreate it, I would recommend that they read the comics themselves. Especially since the scans on the RT are pretty low quality - other sites like RCO has updated scans with clear art work and stuff.
I personally do not mind copying the contents of the deleted page to a sandbox.
Jinx said they weren't aware of the standard for comic files like refs. Maybe we can add a note on all comic verse pages to list how new pages should be created and what sort of references format should be used. We currently use "Series Name Vol number Issue Number". That's essentially the standard format for references. On some old ones I have used year, but volume is much better and consistent with marvel and DC wiki which we use often for reading orders.
I am not sure, as it isn't interesting information for our casual visitors. Maybe it could be placed in our Marvel and DC Comics rules page?

Anyway, Jinx, please stop spamming walls of text and taking this personally.

Confluctor and Impress have properly explained the situation, and this is nothing out of the ordinary, as we routinely delete lots of pages that are not sufficiently reliable according to our standards. It is not in any way some kind of grudge against you or this specific character.

Anyway, Jinx, please stop spamming walls of text and taking this personally.

Confluctor and Impress have properly explained the situation, and this is nothing out of the ordinary, as we routinely delete lots of pages that are not sufficiently reliable according to our standards. It is not in any way some kind of grudge against you or this specific character.
Its done, but ive already explained why it feels like that, especially when pages that arent sufficiently reliable anymore have been allowed to stay.

am not sure, as it isn't interesting information for our casual visitors. Maybe it could be placed in our Marvel and DC Comics rules page?
If aesthetic will lead to more low quality pages... It's not really worth it. I would have a bit of unnecessary bit, probably at the bottom or somewhere, than more pages like this. Rules pages is good, but I dont think people can access it via the main verse page. Some of that content needs to be moved to main verse pages anyway. It might not be interesting but it's more important

Yeah, you're definitely going to need to make this bold public knowledge, so even if someone doesnt see it, they can be directed to where it is written beforehand. Otherwise more situations like this is going to happen while youre taking on as big of a task as fitting every vs battle wiki character page with references.

Its done, but ive already explained why it feels like that, especially when pages that arent sufficiently reliable anymore have been allowed to stay.
Okay. No problem.

If aesthetic will lead to more low quality pages... It's not really worth it. I would have a bit of unnecessary bit, probably at the bottom or somewhere, than more pages like this. Rules pages is good, but I dont think people can access it via the main verse page. Some of that content needs to be moved to main verse pages anyway. It might not be interesting but it's more important
Well, the problem is that 99,99% of our visitors to our verse pages will consider such information to be completely irrelevant and out of place, as they are not members of our community.

Well, the problem is that 99,99% of our visitors to our verse pages will consider such information to be completely irrelevant and out of place, as they are not members of our community.
Marvel/DC are literally two of the most popular franchises in the series
You dont have to put it for visitors, as its unlikely they'd all see this and be confused if its just on the Marvel Page or the editing window.
This is something that definitely needs to physically be written on the wiki somewhere if the verse is going through massive changes and upholds a new standard.

Yes, but it should probably be written in an instruction page, not in our verse pages that are mostly there for the convenience of casual visitors.

So I see the logic: (likely I am late for the party)

Mods and admins believe that new profiles should be made at set quality levels.
All old profiles are to be nuked or "improved" - the mods and admins just do not have time to do so.

Jinx666 believes that all profiles should have the same treatment and if a character scales from some others, let it be.
Also, a more unified approach could be appreciated for pages across other verses.

I also agree that, should Marvel and DC profiles here be subject to great revamps, make such announcements clearly visible at least at the verse page, with reference links to the discussion threads.

I am with Jason. I would rather have less of low quality files than having "muh not interested in this info". The same visitors could turn around and make pages. Ant, you don't have to deal with them most of the time, but we do. Just increases workload for verse supporters. So, yes, that should be added. Visitors can just ignore it.

Okay. Feel free to add instruction sections to the relevant verse pages then.

A draft for the text that you will place there should probably first be posted in our ongoing Marvel Comics revisions thread though.

Thank you for helping out,

Last edited:
Baring Beatrice's page they all don't explain multiple stats and seem to have iffy reasoning for AP
Person who made them is inactive too

That seems fine to me. Thank you for helping out.

Back