• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel) vs Gilgamesh (Fate Series)

I just checked the absorption page and soul absorption does seem to be a subcategory of soul manip, it even links to it

Someone correct me but I don't recall servants resisting absorption, iirc the act of swallowing up a servant would work, but depending on the effect imposed while swallowed the servant could survive.

I just checked the absorption page and soul absorption does seem to be a subcategory of soul manip, it even links to it
Yes, obviously, soul manipulation is everything related to soul, but the point is, soul manipulation is too vague, it can be everything, just because u resist soul attack, doesnt means that u resist having ur soul absorbed, in the same way that u dont resist body absorption just because u tank physical attacks

Someone correct me but I don't recall servants resisting absorption, iirc the act of swallowing up a servant would work, but depending on the effect imposed while swallowed the servant could survive.
Physiology protect from energy absorption, and like I said they should resist soul absorption too. He doesn't resist biological absorption tho (unless it falls inder another resistance?)

SNI should allow him to know that getting absorbed is bad, so he will keep his distance and danmaku with anti regen, his defensive armaments should help too

Yes, obviously, soul manipulation is everything related to soul, but the point is, soul manipulation is too vague, it can be everything, just because u resist soul attack, doesnt means that u resist having ur soul absorbed, in the same way that u dont resist body absorption just because u tank physical attacks
Dont soul and body operate differently and depending on how the ability works he could be alive

and like I said they should resist soul absorption too.
Proof? I didnt saw none yet
SNI should allow him to know that getting absorbed is bad, so he will keep his distance and danmaku with anti regen, his defensive armaments should help too
What is SNI? and Gluttony has a good range
Dont soul and body operate differently and depending on how the ability works he could be alive
Does Gilgamesh have feats of surviving after having his soul absorbed after all? if not, its pointless to argue that he could

The thing is servants soul absorption isn't just tanking attacks to the souls, it straight up protect their souls from anything that could harm them, also, servant don't just absorb each other soul midfight even though they have soul absorption so that's that

The thing is servants soul absorption isn't just tanking attacks to the souls, it straight up protect their souls from anything that could harm them, also, servant don't just absorb
Does it have feats of resisting soul absorption? Because soul absorption is not just ''harming the soul'', if they have feats of resisting soul absorption, then sure

Limited SNI is he knows about the opponents abilities
Oh, is it like always working since the start? because Rimuru information analysis is always working and always is sending informations to him due Great Sage always analysing things

Oh, is it like always working since the start? because Rimuru information analysis is always working and always is sending informations to him due Great Sage always analysing things
Would need someone else to explain how efficient rimuru information is, and yes

I dunno about Sakura, does she has Soul Absorption? can u quote it from her profile?
bsorption (can absorb other's magical energy by shooting them with Matou magecraft, can take in and absorb others with the Black Shadow, which also breaks organic matter down into magical energy with a touch) can absorb others into a completely separate dimension of darkness,

, Soul Manipulation (A Lesser Grail created to absorb and collect souls, which she burns for magical energy),

Seems so

Everything rimuru has can be resisted by that tho right?
from what ive gathered on this site, unfortunately yes all of rimuru abilies get negged by A rank magic resist,
i can't speak on absorption tho cause iirc gil gets absorbed by the grail but i cant remember if he had his armor on or not
and i stopped playing fgo after shinjuku, someone more well informed could answer this.

TenSura calcs doesnt even exist as far I am searching
860255888077750272.png

from what ive gathered on this site, unfortunately yes all of rimuru abilies get negged by A rank magic resist,
i can't speak on absorption tho cause iirc gil gets absorbed by the grail but i cant remember if he had his armor on or not
and i stopped playing fgo after shinjuku, someone more well informed could answer this.
Wait, did he resisted or nah? because the other dude/girl said that he does, anyways, if he resist, idk then, as I dont know almost nothing about gilgamesh and I dont really want to debate, if he resist it, then just consider a stomp due gilgamesh eventually using Ea and rimuru having no wincon, but idk

In that case this is a stomp yes. And sakura absorption just scales above their resistances (pretty close to gilgamesh's tho I guess), it was supposed to be the ultimate anti servant move for a reason

TenSura calcs doesnt even exist as far I am searching
860255888077750272.png

Wait, did he resisted or nah? because the other dude/girl said that he does, anyways, if he resist, idk then, as I dont know almost nothing about gilgamesh and I dont really want to debate, if he resist it, then just consider a stomp due gilgamesh eventually using Ea and rimuru having no wincon, but idk
He resisted it for a while and straight up ignored the corruption iirc, well sakura body was basically an anti servant weapon so that's still kinda impressive and should prove thet he has a resistance outside of his mr if needed
Edit: mr, not RM

If Rimuru doesnt have the raw ap necessary to damage gil with golden armor donned then this looks like a stomp.
Rain Anime GIFs | Tenor

Yep, magic resistance is pretty outrageous altho it's not like it can rival authorities or something

Servant doesn't outright resist soul absorbtion. But their soul are what making them hard to be absorbed (like what happen to dark sakura or what happen to darnic when he trying to absorb the soul of lancer of black)

The part of soul of gilgamesh as a servant in fsn is equal hundred of thousand soul.

what does the amulet?
It works on the same basis as the skill protection from arrows that cu has, so whether it's energy, weapons or sound, any long range attack will "miss", although it's pointless against AOE attacks, he has to equip ot ahead of time but he would because of sha naqba

Meh, the context was just physical absorption there, which is weird, because in Rimuru profile, it is stated that Gluttony has Soul Absorption, but I just cant find the scan after all, @Metalballrun do u have it?
The context is Rimuru absorbing Charybdis's soul/magical core to prevent it from resurrecting again the next time. Charybdis is a spiritual lifeform.
Gluttony is also just the improved version of Predator, which absorbed Ifrit (spirit), and absorbed Orc Disaster Geld along with his soul (Geld chose to pass on instead of being contained in a subspace with Veldora).

The context is Rimuru absorbing Charybdis's soul/magical core to prevent it from resurrecting again the next time. Charybdis is a spiritual lifeform.
Gluttony is also just the improved version of Predator, which absorbed Ifrit (spirit), and absorbed Orc Disaster Geld along with his soul (Geld chose to pass on instead of being contained in a subspace with Veldora).
Oh, yeah, thanks, I forgot it lol

do u have discord?

do u have discord?
Full Metal FAQ#1416
So does rimuru have a legitimate wincon or what?
No idea, I'm just providing information about Rimuru that I know of lol since I have zero knowledge and understanding of Fate
When I look at Gil's profile, all I can see is that Gil's first key doesn't really resist most of Rimuru's hax, although he has abilities that Rimuru doesn't resist mainly due to Noble Phantasms I think.
Rimuru doesn't have the AP advantage but has a lot of attacks that ignore conventional durability. But it seems like Gil has a 6-B attack so no idea how that plays out.

Full Metal FAQ#1416

No idea, I'm just providing information about Rimuru that I know of lol since I have zero knowledge and understanding of Fate
When I look at Gil's profile, all I can see is that Gil's first key doesn't really resist most of Rimuru's hax, although he has abilities that Rimuru doesn't resist mainly due to Noble Phantasms I think.
Rimuru doesn't have the AP advantage but has a lot of attacks that ignore conventional durability. But it seems like Gil has a 6-B attack so no idea how that plays out.
The issue is that magic resisfance protect him from almost everything (anything magic related) then he is protected from projectiles with his amulet and I'm pretty sure he resist every kind of absorption (energy because of servant physiology, soul because of heaven's feel and I'm not sure, but servants shouldn't be valid target for biological absorption to begin with). Rimuru can technically win with swordsmanship but it's very, very unlikely because of sha naqba telling gil about rimuru abilities

Rimuru swordsmanship is not that good, at least in that key, he still was training
Yeah but gil is supposedly weak to sword attacks while he use gob, because he let his guard down or something. Against someone like kojiro, he would have to protect his head with his armor, so someone like rimuru technically CAN win

Yeah but gil is supposedly weak to sword attacks while he use gob, because he let his guard down or something. Against someone like kojiro, he would have to protect his head with his armor, so someone like rimuru technically CAN win
Hmmm... actually, how high is gilgamesh heat resistance? Rimuru can create domes that bypass several hundred millions degrees of temperature, and i dont think that rimuru can win in swords skill if I dont even know how far into 6-C rimuru is

Heat Manipulation: Servants can take heat from lava and cold from a gas giant that freezes sound with minimal discomfort

So that's a wincon for rimuru, altho it's very unlikely that he could pull it off since it presumably needs time to use

Back