• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel) vs Gilgamesh (Fate Series)

Heat Manipulation: Servants can take heat from lava and cold from a gas giant that freezes sound with minimal discomfort

So that's a wincon for rimuru, altho it's very unlikely that he could pull it off since it presumably needs time to use
it doesnt seems to take that much of time according to the statement, the only problem is the range that was keep as Low range, but Rimuru is willing to kill here and he doesnt need to hold back, which means that he doesnt need to care that much about keeping low range in his attacks, according to him, ''such foccus wasnt necessarious if it was just using it normally, but defining a specific range required full control of it'', or something like that

it doesnt seems to take that much of time according to the statement, the only problem is the range that was keep as Low range, but Rimuru is willing to kill here and he doesnt need to hold back, which means that he doesnt need to care that much about keeping low range in his attacks, according to him, ''such foccus wasnt necessarious if it was just using it normally, but defining a specific range required full control of it'', or something like that
He needs to cast 2 spells, one for the dome then one for the fire, which then needs to go intonthe dome, it's not that long but not really short either. Also he would just die too without a dome, and the heat would disperse
Maybe 7/10 for gil? Or 8/10? It's not like it would be rimuru first move

The issue is that magic resisfance protect him from almost everything (anything magic related) then he is protected from projectiles with his amulet and I'm pretty sure he resist every kind of absorption (energy because of servant physiology, soul because of heaven's feel and I'm not sure, but servants shouldn't be valid target for biological absorption to begin with). Rimuru can technically win with swordsmanship but it's very, very unlikely because of sha naqba telling gil about rimuru abilities
It kinda depends on how magic resistance works. Rimuru has fought against characters that can resist or nullify magic, and Rimuru himself has magic-nullifying abilities.
Rimuru also has a lot of attacks that aren't projectiles. Hell Flare is technically a projectile but the attack itself is more like creating a dome of heat that's apparently over 13x hotter than the sun's core.

It kinda depends on how magic resistance works. Rimuru has fought against characters that can resist or nullify magic, and Rimuru himself has magic-nullifying abilities.
Rimuru also has a lot of attacks that aren't projectiles. Hell Flare is technically a projectile but the attack itself is more like creating a dome of heat that's apparently over 13x hotter than the sun's core.
Yeah hell flare works as it's more of an area attack than a projectile, but magic resistance gives some stupidly high layered resistances

I guess its because Gilgamesh have 8-D magic resistances? I honestly dont know, my knowledge in fate its too limited, I am currently only in the start of the VN of Fate Stay Night :cry:

I guess its because Gilgamesh have 8-D magic resistances? I honestly dont know, my knowledge in fate its too limited, I am currently only in the start of the VN of Fate Stay Night :cry:
Wrong key. Magic resistance is just a very high layered immunity to magic

The one who block his attack was Herc, and he was buff with Sitonia, Skadi and the Valkyrie sisters. Kinda forgot where the others are though.

You can say its low 1-C to 1-C though, because Surtr Authority is about flames and Absolute Zero.

If the Gil used have MR Rank E then the things of Rimuru work until he wear his armor. If his rank is above then he resist.
The one who block his attack was Herc, and he was buff with Sitonia, Skadi and the Valkyrie sisters. Kinda forgot where the others are though.
Herc was in the figth with Surtr 2? I honestly don't remember him, and the rest of servants were also around in the figth.

C Rank MR are surely can resist, but it's still lower rank so Rimuru hax can be still work albeit not in effective way

Anyway i'm voting Gil now FRA

Herc was in the figth with Surtr 2?
He was not really fighting Surtr, but mostly protecting Sitonia
J7S80TH.jpeg

I mean, if rimuru have no wincon after all, it is a stomp, and how strong is gilgamesh magic resistance?
He definitively has heat (dozens of times hotter than servants best heat feat) so it's not a stomp but gil should take it most of the time

Gil magic resistance under Tokiomi is C then on Kirei E. But his Golden armor raise it above Artoria's A, and with his various magical items in GoB.

He definitively has heat (dozens of times hotter than servants best heat feat) so it's not a stomp but gil should take it most of the time
I see, and its most likely that Rimuru would use the flames in the start due Great Sage analysing things and giving informations that others attacks would most likely be useless, and Gilgamesh wincons, outside of Ea, what are his winconsw

I see, and its most likely that Rimuru would use the flames in the start due Great Sage analysing things and giving informations that others attacks would most likely be useless, and Gilgamesh wincons, outside of Ea, what are his winconsw
Anti regen weapons, merodach
sha naqba has better analysis than great sage so I don't see gilgamesh attacking after rimuru

Low godly

Merodach is a prototype to caliburn (meaning it's much stronger) and could rival excalibur so it should totally destroy rimuru (?)

Merodach is a prototype to caliburn (meaning it's much stronger) and could rival excalibur so it should totally destroy rimuru (?)
if it can destroy low-godly, then yes, rimuru regen is just high in that key, anyways, if gilgamesh resist all of the stuff then the match is a stomp

The best would be that the OP change it so Gil incarnation is used since that Gil MR is E (which mean that the things of Rimuru work and he only lessen the damage a bit) and he don't begin wearing the armor. In this case both would have win cons.

Yeah but gil is supposedly weak to sword attacks while he use gob, because he let his guard down or something. Against someone like kojiro, he would have to protect his head with his armor, so someone like rimuru technically CAN win
Gil outskills Rimuru in Swordsmanship by the simple virtue of having kept up with Artoria.

Gil outskills Rimuru in Swordsmanship by the simple virtue of having kept up with Artoria.
That much is pretty obvious, he was even toying with her, the one who outskill him is kojiro who could just decapitate him if gil is using GoB, so I would still see it as a possibility for rimuru, although it's obviously highly unlikely

Back