• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roughly how strong is an average human villager in Touhou?

I don't know if there's any concrete answer for this one, but I've seen evidence to suspect that the average human villager in Touhou is likely well above what we would call 'normal human' level. But how much? I really can't answer that at all. I'd love to hear more thoughts, evidence, theories, etc...

Things are confusing in Touhou. Since they say a Grown man could easily rekt a Fairy, I'd say high I guess, but I dunno exactly how high (Cirno is pretty much above all fairies)

Well, there's certainly a high probability that the village is composed of some quite potent bloodlines, potentially with a tiny bit of magician and youkai blood mixed in for good measure.

And the comment about fairies is quite enlightening, actually... considering how fast they are supposed to be.

Via KE, a human going Relat would be whitin Tier 7, probably.

Also Magic is a thing, and they DO have to keep up with the Youkai Spams, so some (or all) being Superhuman is a must.

That's... quite a bit higher than I initially thought. But it makes sense.

What's a poor outsider to do in a world like... that?!

Well I did a rough calc and it is City Level, being 63699271309844856 Joules. Not bad.

Being eaten, that's a bit the reasons they are here. Poor humans.

Well that's if they can move their whole body and not just a part of it (Like if it was reaction-only) and assuming the fairies are as fast as what the playable characters shows in the game with Relat things, but yeah.

Well, speed aside, there isn't much reason to expect that they have rediculous physical strength. In fact, the manga depictions indicate that the humans only have, at best, peak human strength... from what I've seen so far from lifting feats that is. And speed is virtually impossible to judge there. Also, stamina seems to be relatively normal as well(perhaps a bit above normal).

Well Lifting Strength =/= Striking Strength, so they may be still able to hit hard without lifting hard.

This is true. Then are they durable enough to unleash said strike without shattering their body in the process? Something tells me that's an impressive durability number.

It's just so hard to imagine that the average villager would have relatavistic speed and city level AP and Dura.

In other words, If a single blast were to take out the entire village in one shot, which is significantly smaller than a city, a large portion of them might still survive! I just don't see it, especially when I have yet to see a single depiction of a village human even flying.

Well even the main Characters sometimes froget they can fly

"Marisa: Where is my ladder?"

Well there is also the fact we don't see much Guys fighting, only girls, and most of them are Youkai. Although for example, Marisa IS a normal human, and she can deal pretty powerful physical strike (The butt smash for example)

I'm starting to see that I'm trying to apply logic where there clearly is none.

edit... Marisa is a human, but I have a hard time calling her normal. XD

edit2... Actually, Alice once stated that it's extremely foolish to try to fly out of the forest of magic. I'd imagine there are other weird things going on that don't make sense to us, but do to them.

Yamatohime said:
Well, normal villagers possibly is nearby Shanghai Level without her magic. =_+
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean... Without her magic, they don't do anything.

Well, I found an actual feat involving an actual villager! Kosuzu demonstrated a feat of lifting strength. Here's a copy-paste of my own words. No, it's not a formal measurement, but it's still a feat.

"So. I was reading Forbidden Scrollery 36 and I saw Kosuzu struggling to carry a rather large stack of books. I've always suspected that the common villagers were above average, physically, so I decided to run some numbers.

Eyeballing it,the stack of books was roughly three feet wide, by four feet tall, by one foot deep. That's 12 cubic feet of paper. Looking at a simple conversion sheet for a common paper standard, that is about 900 pounds or about 400 kg of weight she's slinging on her back!"

The art is incosistent. The most common book bundle (I saw) is around half meter high and wide and around 25 cm in depth. It's only 0,0625 cubic meters. The average paper density is 800 kg per cubic meters. It's only 50 kg of weight that is heavy for the gril of Kosuzu stature but if she push herself enough - still manageable.

Width is the same as height (it's easy to see on 12 page where Kosuzu was sitting nearby the bundle). And depth... Because the books are not really big. So 50 kg is safe bet. Nothing superhuman.

Well, villagers are probably spiritualy strong. But Marisa probably lived in that village too.

Tenshi is a human too though (if Komachi wasn't telling crap)... =)

Oh, spiritually strong indeed. That's a point one of my fanfics actually points out. And Marisa DID live in that village at some point with her father before she ran off at a young age.

As for Tenshi, I've always considered celestials a higher form a hermit which itself is a higher form of human. So is she human? I'd say both yes and no are adequate answers.

Drac32Drac said:
As for Tenshi, I've always considered celestials a higher form a hermit which itself is a higher form of human. So is she human? I'd say both yes and no are adequate answers.
There are two types of Celestials: those who are humans with divine powers like Tenshi or those who are divinity (don't have actual bodies).

Reimu is a fine example of village girl too... =)

Reimu could have been plucked from the Outside World for all we know about her origins. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me one bit if that were the case and would tie her to Yukari much better.

Well, Reimu's ancestor helped Yukari to create Gensokyou Daikekkai.

Who is actualy human in Touhou? Reimu, Marisa and Sakuya. Half-blood humans are Sanae, Rinnouske and Keine. Former humans are Alice and Mokou?

Actually Sanae isn't half anything, if I understand her lore correctly. She's all human and all god.

But you did forget the Konpaku clan for half humans.

Mokou... I don't even want to try to debate whether she is or isn't human. I just know that she isn't alive or dead.

Akyuu is human, and Kosuzu... I 'think' she's human, but the resemblance to Komachi is uncanny.

There is quite a case to be had that there are few 'people' in Gensokyo that are fully human. What I mean is that it's quite reasonable to assume that youkai, god, magician, etc. blood has been sufficiently mixed with the village population to the point where there isn't really anyone left that could be called a pure human anymore. This is speculation, but a good one!

Sanae is living god but she is just descedant of Suwako... So she is not pure human like Reimu and Marisa. Well, at least they're stated to be humans.

Well, Youmu... Poor girl, I forgot about her once again. ^_^

Akyuu and Kosuzu are probably humans. Mokou is not a human since Alice stated that outright. Tenshi was one too...

P.S.: I wonder why many fanfics describe Shinki-Alice relationship like Mother-Daughter (Queen-Princess) even though all Makai creations are Shinki's creations. Especialy people like to state that Alice was a human...

For a human though, Reimu's innate ability is abnormal and clearly designed for her to transcend human being, like Yukari's power that transcend Youkai. In my mind, i don't think Reimu even came from earth.

Reimu is human. She was stated as one even by Lunarians, onis and divinites. The main difference is her innate ability to borrow divine powers. Her Fantasy Nature is probably borrowed power from almighty Dragon God.

No, that's power came from her job as the shrine maiden, and she have to train for it. There's no information for her innate ability aside from "it exist" and "it can do such" either.

Andykhang said:
No, that's power came from her job as the shrine maiden, and she have to train for it. There's no information for her innate ability aside from "it exist" and "it can do such" either.
She actualy does not train. Her innate ability - is her intuition that allow her utilize her powers without proper training as well as finding culprits of incidents.

Back