• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Awakens

It says on the Marvel wiki itself that despite Shang Chi being a 7 and Iron fist being a 6, the two have canonically fought to a draw. And there's the Cap vs Tasky thing.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Question,
  • Edelweiss' Swordplay: After his initial encounter with Edelweiss through the use of his Blade Steal, he was able to utilize her swordsmanship at the last moment before he passed out. Due to the nature of Edelweiss' swordplay, it boosted his speed to where the former Seven Star Sword King, Yuudai Moroboshi couldn't even react though he could hear the attacks and sense Ikki. Ikki can also use Edelweiss' technique for purposes other then swordsmanship, such as restarting his own heart after it had stopped. After copying the style Ikki could use the Seven secret swords even without Ittou Shura, furthermore, the style ignores energy reduction from hitting the atmosphere, making the attacks themselves silent due to not hitting air.
How do these coexist?
It was still incomplete back then:

Something impossible was happening before Moroboshi's eyes.

He could hear them. The sounds of any number of slashes, and of footsteps moving at a dreadful pace. His opponent was unmistakably close to him, and yet—

What is this, what is going on!?

—no matter where he turned to look, there was no one there.

Yet

Her steps, her slashes, everything she did was completely silent.

Sounds were waves born of impacts against the atmosphere causing oscillations. Put another way, one could call it the dispersion of physical force. So if one was able to control the energy of his actions completely, and not allow any to be consumed uselessly, what would happen? As a result of making all actions silent, one could show speed and offensive at close to a hundred percent potential.

Such a thing was not the technique of a human being, but―without a doubt, this was possible for the human in front of Ikki's eyes. Ikki understood that, and shuddered as he swallowed the saliva gathering in his mouth.

Well, my bad, comics really aren't my area. But anyways, does we count analytical prediction as an skill feat?

Firephoenixearl said:
Such a thing was not the technique of a human being, but―without a doubt, this was possible for the human in front of Ikki's eyes. Ikki understood that, and shuddered as he swallowed the saliva gathering in his mouth.
Ikki likes skill almost as much as you.

Zhong Yue can predict all the actions of dozens of opponents and hundreds of millions of skills at the same time, can use thousands of swords at the same time, battle 6 months non-stop without using the same attack twice, some of these he did in his first key. This should be enough to put him in the top 10, no?

Since he is, in his last key, thousands of times more skilled than his first key, top 3 is fine? Do any of you know the feats of the characters in 3rd spot?

I read Pray feats and since i'm not an expert in any of the 2 verses, i think they are at least comparable using ZY feats alone, with his scaling chain he should be easily above her. Does you also have one for Yujiro Hanma? Of the top 2 i think he is the weakest, Maybe ZY or any character that scales above him could be in the top 2.

XDragnoir said:
I read Pray feats and since i'm not an expert in any of the 2 verses, i think they are at least comparable using ZY feats alone, with his scaling chain he should be easily above her. Does you also have one for Yujiro Hanma? Of the top 2 i think he is the weakest, Maybe ZY or any character that scales above him could be in the top 2.
I could drown the planet with Yujiro feats and skill scaling. He's roughly comparable to Fugil and blows everyone from 10-2 out of the water (believe me, I had to have him climb from 10th to 2nd)

Well, of all the characters i know ZY has the best prediction, even better than Ikki's afaik, in his 1st key, with his 8th key there is a scaling chain for both his precog and sword skill that i think should be enough to give him 3rd place safely, and when Zara adds his next keys 2nd place will be possible?

Prediction alone don't take you that far, tbh, s the prediction chain is not even useful if you already say he has the best analytical prediction. How does he use thousands of swords at the same time, does he even has that amount of hands? I won't even ask for battling for sixth month without using the same move, it's impressive, but almost sure not Top 3 material. But I would like to hear his other feats, because he totally deserve at least Top 5.

Is there any reason to prediction not be valid to be in the top 2? He has skills that give him more hands, and he can use any hair in his body to attack btw, but i think he control the thousands of swords with TK. He has more feats in his profile, for anything else you can ask Zara.

No, I'm saying prediction alone is not going to take you to the top, otherwise characters like Black Zetsu would be #1. So by gaining more hands he can control more swords. Using any hair of your body to attack is something that Quinella does, and she is pretty much outskilled by friggin Kirito. I would check his profile later.

BZ doesn't his prediction in combat afaik, while ZY can use his to predict even his opponents thoughts. Quinella being outskilled is a feat for Kirito, not a anti-feat for Hair hax.

Im still waiting for the new volume so that Chibi Ikki starts destroying a-holes and we can then safely say Ikki > Edelweiss. Cus he's almost, there, maybe with the new chapter he'll be where he needs to be:

And then, I was able to tell after I looked at Ikki's swordsmanship――that there's not much difference in skill between you and me.

Ikki's face got puzzled by Edelweiss's words.

― That's…

― Naturally, I'm not saying there's no difference at all. But, not a dramatic difference either. Your kenjutsu is already in the domain of the supermen. And the more you master and master that technique, the longer it takes to develop, the growth rate goes from bad to worse. The eyes of Ikki fixed on the fight with《Marionette King》and company. Even if you go to the extent of mastering your kenjutsu to the same level as me, the growth gap of the real strength obtained that way won't be that big, don't you agree?

I was thinking of creating a match with Edel and ZY, but they don't share even 1 tier, is there any way i can solve this problem?

I... Literally wrote a scaling and a feat answer in this very thread.

But sigh, alright alright

Scaling with a some feats linked inside.

Pray scales above Anne who:

-Can outpredict 13 Knights, all armed with weapons, at the same time barehanded. All 13 Knights are above Knight Trainees, who are all the greatest prodigies around the universe. All those Knights were average, meaning that they are physically far superior to Anne, who bareley passed the physical aspect for Knight Training. Anne did this with utter ease.

-Rofled 5 Master Knights afterwards, far superior in every regard compared to normal knights. Utter ease too.

Sion, who:

- Can master sword techniques after seeing them once, with even far greater mastery over it than the original user. Can recreate techniques down to its theory and concept by just looking at them.

-Can make her sword strikes "invisible" by erasing the rythm behind her attacks, making them faster in the process too. Faster in a sense "that even mere speed can't achieve"

-Fought and killed Hyperio with nothing more than her sword. Hyperion passivly cuts down your physical stats down to 20%, its weapon oneshots you with its mere touch, it has danmaku that oneshots you too and it was physical superior BEFORE the stat passive even hits her. Sion fought in a near death situation against Hyperion, ON TOP of the 20% penalty.

Clint, Ray and Van who:

Read the link goddamn it.

Leo, who:

-Admittedly didnt do much, just could cut with such precision, that a spatial manip user compared it to cutting through space itself.

Pray became the Top Sword 6 months after becoming a Knight Trainee. For reference, it took Sion 2 years before archiving Top Sword. She consistently roflstomped Master Knights and Knights in full armanents barehanded as a Trainee and was called the greatest Knight in history consistently throughout the series.

I wanted to ask, what do exactly makes you state that he is thousands of times more skilled than his first key? Is there such an statement or some sort of mechanic inherent to the world that makes this likely?

His first key didn't have all the experience and training his current last key has, and he will have at least 2 more in the future, there is also the scaling chain all xianxias have, and ZY is at the very bottom in his 1st key, much like Mihawk and Zoro, who have their best feats in East Blue and now they scale much above said feats.

Eh, I only agree with such scaling when the person getting better is directly related to their skill stuff. Zoro is a swordsman and nothing else, he gets better at being a Swordsman as he gets stronger.

ZY, unless I am wrong, doesn't just have skill stuff and grows in many other ways, so concluding every single time he just gets more skilled doesn't sit right with me.

If i'm not mistaken, everything that isn't conceptual/hax is allowed, which means even if his skill with the sword isn't better (it is, i just don't know the right amount) he has other things that are allowed here, and thus should add to his versatility, which i think is part of what we consider skill.

Back