• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Future King of Vermin fights The Crimson Huntress-In-Training!

Pretty good without comparing it to Ruby's.

He's capable of taking multiple spikes through his stomach and his joints, lightning attacks, and various blunt attacks for an extended period of time and still capable of fighting at maximum efficiency, and is capable of enduring the backlash of his Jeahbongchim Stat Amps, which cause immense crippling pain once they wear off. He's also capable of fighting with his hearing severely damaged without issue and never really loses balance.

That's the general gist of his stamina without me digging through early GoH to find anything else.

Okay that's not saying how long he can fight though, cause Ruby can fight for over 24 hours and such

Eh, I honestly have no idea, I don't remember and the profile doesn't say.

We'll just go with what's on the profile and say if Ruby can't knock him out by over-taxxing his pain/injury tolerance to knock him out, he'll keep fighting. I know that sounds NLF as hell but that's really all we got lmao.

Eh, I honestly have no idea, I don't remember and the profile doesn't say.

We'll just go with what's on the profile and say if Ruby can't knock him out by over-taxxing his pain/injury tolerance to knock him out, he'll keep fighting. I know that sounds NLF as hell but that's really all we got lmao.
when it comes to stamina it's mostly fine to bring shit from off-file as long as it isn't changing the rating lol

I could go through some early GoH real quick and see if I can find anything concrete, but from what I vaguely remember, I don't think he can fight for a day straight or multiple days or whatever. He probably can but I don't remember, so I may have to get back to you on stamina.

Well cause they can both dodge god eachother I don't think anything but stamina is the deciding factor lol

I guess that's fair.

How does Ruby deal with having her brain shaken/directly attacked with wind pressure? If Mori can land an air pressure attack it should allow him to get closer easier, though I imagine she just goes "lol semblance" and flies away if this fails.

So... who're you taking in a stamina battle?

A guy who can fight on through severe amounts of pain with little to no issue?

or...

A girl who can last over 24 hours in a fight?

I guess that's fair.

How does Ruby deal with having her brain shaken/directly attacked with wind pressure? If Mori can land an air pressure attack it should allow him to get closer easier, though I imagine she just goes "lol semblance" and flies away if this fails.
Ruby kinda is stupid skilled at dodging and she spams her semblance so that landing is about as likely as us doing no more sex scenes for the rest of our lives.

That's not an answer.

How does she dodge it. I know her skill in combat is nutty but I've no prior knowledge on her proficiency in dodging attacks with or without AoE.
not being in the AoE when it hits. She scales to people who've dealt with AoEs of several meters before.

not being in the AoE when it hits. She scales to people who've dealt with AoEs of several meters before.
Is she going to be able to instinctively see air pressure, or can she inherently visualize air pressure attacks? Mori's air pressure shit, unless concentrated into attacks that are way restricted here, have no visual presence.

Is she going to be able to instinctively see air pressure, or can she inherently visualize air pressure attacks? Mori's air pressure shit, unless concentrated into attacks that are way restricted here, have no visual presence.
If he strikes at air said air is gonna move, so she's gonna dodge lol

If he strikes at air said air is gonna move, so she's gonna dodge lol
Obviously the air will move, but if it has several meters of AoE, if he's close enough to her, it'd be spawning directly on top of her and around her.

Did we miss the part where Mori has instinctive reactions capable of reacting to people many thousands of times faster than himself? I thought we agreed on that. He can also just use Bo-Bup to dodge unless her scythe attacks have AoE as well.

Also it's win by incap in the OP so she can't kill him, and by default, Mori cannot kill her.

Did we miss the part where Mori has instinctive reactions capable of reacting to people many thousands of times faster than himself? I thought we agreed on that. He can also just use Bo-Bup to dodge unless her scythe attacks have AoE as well.
Ah yes, because the scythe definitely doesn't double as keep-away.
Also it's win by incap in the OP so she can't kill him, and by default, Mori cannot kill her.
Okay so Ruby just outlasts because from the description on the profile Air Pressure kills

Ah yes, because the scythe definitely doesn't double as keep-away
I don't know what you mean?
Okay so Ruby just outlasts because from the description on the profile Air Pressure kills
I'm 100% sure Mori is skilled enough to decide whether or not to kill someone with like... any of his techniques. He knows where and where not to attack to deal significant damage, he knows the human body and its weak points like the back of his hand.

I don't know what you mean?

I'm 100% sure Mori is skilled enough to decide whether or not to kill someone with like... any of his techniques. He knows where and where not to attack to deal significant damage, he knows the human body and its weak points like the back of his hand.
did you even look at the size of her scythe? she can very easily play keep-away.

if it's got several meters of Aoe it doesn't matter if he can or not cause it's gonna hit everything under the sun lmao

I'll answer this once I finish eating and do some match reformatting cause I realized that I didn't even link the profiles or add tags like a ******* brainlet.

did you even look at the size of her scythe? she can very easily play keep-away.
I know how big Crescent Rose is, it simply is irrelevant when Mori can deadass just appear wherever he wants to be around her to strike, most optimally behind her, a place where her scythe will not be in the way.
if it's got several meters of Aoe it doesn't matter if he can or not cause it's gonna hit everything under the sun lmao
That would be a problem in a non-killing match if Mori couldn't control the strength of his kicks, and therefore, the wind pressure produced by the kicks.

I know how big Crescent Rose is, it simply is irrelevant when Mori can deadass just appear wherever he wants to be around her to strike, most optimally behind her, a place where her scythe will not be in the way.

That would be a problem in a non-killing match if Mori couldn't control the strength of his kicks, and therefore, the wind pressure produced by the kicks.
Ruby tends to make big arcs with her scythe lol

Proof of the air pressure not killing?

I won't address the thing about arcs as my response will simply be "Bo-Bup GG", but, what I'd ask is why would you assume Mori cannot control the power of his kicks to make sure it doesn't kill her? In fact, why did you assume it would kill her in the first place?

If your not convinced that it won't kill her I'll get scans real quick but I'll wait until I here your response, cause I'm a little confused as to why your assuming Mori's wind pressure attacks always kill, especially when he's actively trying not to kill his opponent.

Anyway what is ruby skill scaling? and please don't say that experience equals to skill
At the bottom of the skill chain is aura users as a whole. While every living being in RWBY technically has Aura, actually being able to utilize it for things such as defense, regen, and senses requires years of training and a high enough degree of martial skill (and yes you actually need general skill for it) that only a small percentage of the population of the entire planet ever become skilled enough to utilize their aura. Of that small percentage, an even smaller percentage ever become skilled enough to manifest/control a Semblance (yes semblances are also skill-based). To reach this small percentage comes to the second half of the bottom of the chain: Almost every character worth their salt in RWBY has spent their entire life training in combat and can fight hordes of Grimm with little issue (Almost because Jaune exists). The entirety of the main cast of RWBY was initially enrolled at Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat schools in the world, with almost everyone who was accepted there having been trained for almost their entire life to fight monsters, and each one that was not professionally trained requiring a skill display overseen by Ozpin, who has the composite skill of several thousand professional huntsmen that he accumulated over his immortal lifetime.

TL;DR, Skill Baseline = Having a lifetime of combat training, being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being part of the single-digit population of the planet skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier and being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower, and being recognized as one of the most skilled fighters in the world by a guy with millennia of composite combat skill

Thats the baseline for skill in the verse.

Ruby is well above the average Beacon student, noted as always excelling above her peers in combat training, to the point that even though she was two years away from being eligible to join Beacon she was admitted due her combat prowess impressing Ozpin, with him noting that she was already a master at wielding one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed (Again, Oz is tens of thousands of years old and has spent the majority of his lifetimes training in combat as well as training other huntsmen and even entire armies). Even before the Beacon Arc Ruby had been personally trained by her uncle Qrow, one of the most skilled professional huntsmen on the planet, and had heavily inspired her fighting style from his. In combat Ruby is capable of taking on entire hordes of Grimm on her own and walking away without a scratch and utilizing the different functionalities of the Crescent Rose, such as the massive recoil from the rifle aspect of the weapon and the weapon's transformative capabilities, in tandem with each other and her Semblance in order to maintain an edge over her opponent. Basically every named character is around this level of skill in the early seasons.

Now for Velvet. Velvet is able to perfectly and instantly mimic the exact moves that she observes other people use in combat as well as utilize multiple different fighting styles simultaneously, both armed and unarmed. Thanks to Anesidora, Velvet is also able to copy fighting styles that utilize weapons, and she is able to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. To date that we know of, Velvet is able to simultaneously utilize the fighting styles and weapons of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Nora Valkyrie, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Coco Adel, Peter Port, Reese Chloris, Fox Alistar, Vega Bleu, Yatsuhashi Daichi, Russel Thrush, Roy Stallion, Neptune Vasilias, Brawnz Ni, Bartholomew Oobleck, Flynt Coal, Edward Caspian, and Scarlet David. Of note, every person listed spent their entire lives training in combat and several of them are professional huntsmen with decades of combat experience.

Moving up the chain we have Nebula Violette, who not only outmatched Velvet in a 1v1 test of martial arts skill, but was directly stated to be more skilled than Velvet in combat despite Velvet mixing numerous fighting styles to try to throw her off in their fight.

Simply put, Ruby in this arc is comparable in skill to Blake, who in turn is comparable to Sun who is stated in Before the Dawn to be more skilled in combat than Scarlet David who outmatched Nebula in a 1v1 fight.

As for her own feats, on top of the stuff from before, Ruby has become skilled to the point of mastering her semblance, and doing so to a degree that using it in combat is, as described by Ruby herself, effectively instinctive. She regularly uses it both in cqc and at a distance, able to constantly stay in her opponent's blind spot and using her massive speed amp to avoid attacks while also constantly attacking, as well as having the ability to use it to rapidly put a massive amount of distance between herself and her opponent if need be, allowing her to pepper the opponent with ranged attacks from unpredictable angles while keeping out of their range. Her marksmanship also increased to the point that she can curve the trajectory of her bullets to hit targets that dodged her shots.

Ruby is also a highly competent analyst, and due to her obsession with weapons she has the ability to tell the exact function and mechanics of new weapons just by looking at them for a few seconds, including understanding their weaknesses and how to exploit them. She's also the strategist and tactician of her team, having come up with plans on the fly to beat Grimm that were strong enough to overpower each member of her teams individually, as well as understanding her teammates' techniques, semblances, strengths, and weaknesses to the point of being able to create entire tandem attacks and fighting styles for each pairing of her team members to maximize their combat ability while exploiting their strengths and covering their weaknesses, something that has allowed them to defeat opponents that were sigificantly stronger than each member individually.

TL;DR, bigger than Mori's.

I won't address the thing about arcs as my response will simply be "Bo-Bup GG", but, what I'd ask is why would you assume Mori cannot control the power of his kicks to make sure it doesn't kill her? In fact, why did you assume it would kill her in the first place?

If your not convinced that it won't kill her I'll get scans real quick but I'll wait until I here your response, cause I'm a little confused as to why your assuming Mori's wind pressure attacks always kill, especially when he's actively trying not to kill his opponent.
Because of pressure points and whatnot lol

Back