• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Future King of Vermin fights The Crimson Huntress-In-Training!

doesn't he have instant kill pressure points?
Mori's Bongchim Nah Needle Ryu's offensive techniques include:

The ability to cause blood to rapidly pile up in a specific part of the body, causing that area to explode rapidly and cause immense pain.

The ability to paralyze.

The ability to just cause pain in general.

The ability to cause one to experience death-like symptoms, but not actually experience death. It is basically a knock-out technique nearly indistinguishable from the Instant Death technique.

And the ability to instantly kill by striking a pressure point in the heart.

Any of these that will kill Ruby is something that Mori will not use. He can choose what his pressure points do.

Mori's Bongchim Nah Needle Ryu's offensive techniques include:

The ability to cause blood to rapidly pile up in a specific part of the body, causing that area to explode rapidly and cause immense pain.

The ability to paralyze.

The ability to just cause pain in general.

The ability to cause one to experience death-like symptoms, but not actually experience death. It is basically a knock-out technique nearly indistinguishable from the Instant Death technique.

And the ability to instantly kill by striking a pressure point in the heart.

Any of these that will kill Ruby is something that Mori will not use. He can choose what his pressure points do.
and how would he choose when he's hitting all of them? like, every point across Ruby's Body

Mori deadass does the same thing but he doesn't have a semblance lmao.

He has pressure points that do not kill her which he can use to incapacitate her. We've also established his air pressure AoE does not encompass Meridian Points, and thus, can still harm her unless she simply no-sells it somehow(I don't know her AP).

Mori deadass does the same thing but he doesn't have a semblance lmao.

He has pressure points that do not kill her which he can use to incapacitate her. We've also established his air pressure AoE does not encompass Meridian Points, and thus, can still harm her unless she simply no-sells it somehow(I don't know her AP).
I mean the fact Aura is a forcefield helps a lot with that, and since Mori is at a stamina disadvantage... well, yeah.

Ruby FRA if it's not a stomp I guess

A forcefield that can be broken with repeated attacks, which Mori can do very well by just spamming Bo-Bup.

I'd also like to point out that Mori has RPL/Accelerated Development that affects both skill and AP, as I previously pointed out, so the longer the fight lasts the more he'll close any gaps between himself and Ruby.

A forcefield that can be broken with repeated attacks, which Mori can do very well by just spamming Bo-Bup.

I'd also like to point out that Mori has RPL/Accelerated Development that affects both skill and AP, as I previously pointed out, so the longer the fight lasts the more he'll close any gaps between himself and Ruby.
when he literally cannot keep track of Ruby?

He doesn't need to? We legit just discussed his instinctive reactions, Reaper, you keep forgetting this. The moment she comes in contact with him, he will react.

No? If he can react to her instinctively the moment her blade touches him then he can get in a counter-attack, he used it defensively like once because if he didn't he would've literally died instantly.

No? If he can react to her instinctively the moment her blade touches him then he can get in a counter-attack, he used it defensively like once because if he didn't he would've literally died instantly.
she can dodge so much faster than he can move it's not even funny.

And he can react to attacks literally thousands of times faster than him, so irrelevant.

It was defensive in that specific scenario as if he didn't utilize it defensively, he would've died. Nothing suggests it is strictly defensive.

Yet it's only showing is defensive. it takes more assumtions to assume he can do offense as well.

The notion that it is strictly defensive anyway is incorrect regardless, as if you took a look at the feats section on his profile(I know, it's hard to spot but it's there), you'll see that he can indeed use his instinctive reactions to counter-attack attacks faster than himself.

Just look for the feats section, open it, and go to the Skill and Intelligence tabber and you'll see it at the very bottom.

Forgot about this

So what stops Ruby from just moving to rely on her ranged attacks to avoid getting counter attacked?

He can just... continue running after her and spamming Bo-Bup.

She does not have a choice as he will be the one attacking her in melee, not the other way around.

How would she even know not to engage him in melee?
But how long can he keep it up lol

Because he just dodge-god'd her attack and counter-attacked effectively. She can dodge his normal attacks pretty easily and such ya know

Actually, I should probably pick a fight location for this.

The assumption that the fight is on just some open field or some shit but I could probably give a location to allow Ruby to more effectively snipe, assuming she has any decent positioning skills in complex locations. I think that'd be interesting, at least.

Actually, I should probably pick a fight location for this.

The assumption that the fight is on just some open field or some shit but I could probably give a location to allow Ruby to more effectively snipe, assuming she has any decent positioning skills in complex locations. I think that'd be interesting, at least.
I mean Mori would just dodge it anyway lol, it'd be better to use a Vindicare Assassin if you really want someone sniping at Mori.

I guess he would, but I figured it would at least be fun to allow Ruby to use her weapon in a way that isn't just swinging around and shooting.

To answer your question of how long Mori can keep it up, that's a stamina thing, I guess. Spamming any of Renewal Taekwondo's techniques, at this point in the series, especially one of the basic mobility techniques, should pose little to no issue for Mori, but, it depends on if Ruby will be able to land solid hits while keeping a range, since she can use the recoil from Crescent Rose and her Semblance to propel her speed even further.

I guess he would, but I figured it would at least be fun to allow Ruby to use her weapon in a way that isn't just swinging around and shooting.

To answer your question of how long Mori can keep it up, that's a stamina thing, I guess. Spamming any of Renewal Taekwondo's techniques, at this point in the series, especially one of the basic mobility techniques, should pose little to no issue for Mori, but, it depends on if Ruby will be able to land solid hits while keeping a range, since she can use the recoil from Crescent Rose and her Semblance to propel her speed even further.
Yeah, and even then she's got better stamina so... it'd be a fun fight to watch but I doubt this ends in any way that isn't Mori losing which is sad cause if I had to choose a character I'd choose Mori becuase RWBY frankly is okay at best

Well, I could still argue for Mori, but, more people or knowledgeable members could come in to support him as well. I particularly haven't given up on him winning, but, I think this stage of the argument has reached as far as it can reasonably go without regurgitation.

Regardless of who wins or loses, I'm just glad it'll be a close one on both sides.

At the bottom of the skill chain is aura users as a whole. While every living being in RWBY technically has Aura, actually being able to utilize it for things such as defense, regen, and senses requires years of training and a high enough degree of martial skill (and yes you actually need general skill for it) that only a small percentage of the population of the entire planet ever become skilled enough to utilize their aura. Of that small percentage, an even smaller percentage ever become skilled enough to manifest/control a Semblance (yes semblances are also skill-based). To reach this small percentage comes to the second half of the bottom of the chain: Almost every character worth their salt in RWBY has spent their entire life training in combat and can fight hordes of Grimm with little issue (Almost because Jaune exists). The entirety of the main cast of RWBY was initially enrolled at Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat schools in the world, with almost everyone who was accepted there having been trained for almost their entire life to fight monsters, and each one that was not professionally trained requiring a skill display overseen by Ozpin, who has the composite skill of several thousand professional huntsmen that he accumulated over his immortal lifetime.

TL;DR, Skill Baseline = Having a lifetime of combat training, being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being part of the single-digit population of the planet skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier and being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower, and being recognized as one of the most skilled fighters in the world by a guy with millennia of composite combat skill

Thats the baseline for skill in the verse.

Ruby is well above the average Beacon student, noted as always excelling above her peers in combat training, to the point that even though she was two years away from being eligible to join Beacon she was admitted due her combat prowess impressing Ozpin, with him noting that she was already a master at wielding one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed (Again, Oz is tens of thousands of years old and has spent the majority of his lifetimes training in combat as well as training other huntsmen and even entire armies). Even before the Beacon Arc Ruby had been personally trained by her uncle Qrow, one of the most skilled professional huntsmen on the planet, and had heavily inspired her fighting style from his. In combat Ruby is capable of taking on entire hordes of Grimm on her own and walking away without a scratch and utilizing the different functionalities of the Crescent Rose, such as the massive recoil from the rifle aspect of the weapon and the weapon's transformative capabilities, in tandem with each other and her Semblance in order to maintain an edge over her opponent. Basically every named character is around this level of skill in the early seasons.

Now for Velvet. Velvet is able to perfectly and instantly mimic the exact moves that she observes other people use in combat as well as utilize multiple different fighting styles simultaneously, both armed and unarmed. Thanks to Anesidora, Velvet is also able to copy fighting styles that utilize weapons, and she is able to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. To date that we know of, Velvet is able to simultaneously utilize the fighting styles and weapons of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Nora Valkyrie, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Coco Adel, Peter Port, Reese Chloris, Fox Alistar, Vega Bleu, Yatsuhashi Daichi, Russel Thrush, Roy Stallion, Neptune Vasilias, Brawnz Ni, Bartholomew Oobleck, Flynt Coal, Edward Caspian, and Scarlet David. Of note, every person listed spent their entire lives training in combat and several of them are professional huntsmen with decades of combat experience.

Moving up the chain we have Nebula Violette, who not only outmatched Velvet in a 1v1 test of martial arts skill, but was directly stated to be more skilled than Velvet in combat despite Velvet mixing numerous fighting styles to try to throw her off in their fight.

Simply put, Ruby in this arc is comparable in skill to Blake, who in turn is comparable to Sun who is stated in Before the Dawn to be more skilled in combat than Scarlet David who outmatched Nebula in a 1v1 fight.

As for her own feats, on top of the stuff from before, Ruby has become skilled to the point of mastering her semblance, and doing so to a degree that using it in combat is, as described by Ruby herself, effectively instinctive. She regularly uses it both in cqc and at a distance, able to constantly stay in her opponent's blind spot and using her massive speed amp to avoid attacks while also constantly attacking, as well as having the ability to use it to rapidly put a massive amount of distance between herself and her opponent if need be, allowing her to pepper the opponent with ranged attacks from unpredictable angles while keeping out of their range. Her marksmanship also increased to the point that she can curve the trajectory of her bullets to hit targets that dodged her shots.

Ruby is also a highly competent analyst, and due to her obsession with weapons she has the ability to tell the exact function and mechanics of new weapons just by looking at them for a few seconds, including understanding their weaknesses and how to exploit them. She's also the strategist and tactician of her team, having come up with plans on the fly to beat Grimm that were strong enough to overpower each member of her teams individually, as well as understanding her teammates' techniques, semblances, strengths, and weaknesses to the point of being able to create entire tandem attacks and fighting styles for each pairing of her team members to maximize their combat ability while exploiting their strengths and covering their weaknesses, something that has allowed them to defeat opponents that were sigificantly stronger than each member individually.

TL;DR, bigger than Mori's.
Eh sorry you really can´t do that, ******* ikki changed that

that only a small percentage of the population of the entire planet ever become skilled enough to utilize their aura.+
How does that have to do with figthing skill? that only sounds like a really good energy manipulation

Almost every character worth their salt in RWBY has spent their entire life training in combat and can fight hordes of Grimm with little issue (Almost because Jaune exists)
Oh that is really nice.... hunter skills aren't the same as figthing skills tho but still a good feat

The entirety of the main cast of RWBY was initially enrolled at Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat schools in the world, with almost everyone who was accepted there having been trained for almost their entire life to fight monsters, and each one that was not professionally trained requiring a skill display overseen by Ozpin, who has the composite skill of several thousand professional huntsmen that he accumulated over his immortal lifetime.
And? is evaluated to a super mega skilled guy but doesn't mean anything, i can do a physic examn evaluated by albert einstein, that doesn't mean a i am a genious for that

TL;DR, Skill Baseline = Having a lifetime of combat training, being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being part of the single-digit population of the planet skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier and being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower, and being recognized as one of the most skilled fighters in the world by a guy with millennia of composite combat skill
1. That is only experience not skill
2. Aren't those monsters animalistic in inteligence? Also aura protection sure helps and good speed advantage also helps

Ruby is well above the average Beacon student, noted as always excelling above her peers in combat training, to the point that even though she was two years away from being eligible to join Beacon she was admitted due her combat prowess impressing Ozpin, with him noting that she was already a master at wielding one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed (Again, Oz is tens of thousands of years old and has spent the majority of his lifetimes training in combat as well as training other huntsmen and even entire armies). Even before the Beacon Arc Ruby had been personally trained by her uncle Qrow, one of the most skilled professional huntsmen on the planet, and had heavily inspired her fighting style from his. In combat Ruby is capable of taking on entire hordes of Grimm on her own and walking away without a scratch and utilizing the different functionalities of the Crescent Rose, such as the massive recoil from the rifle aspect of the weapon and the weapon's transformative capabilities, in tandem with each other and her Semblance in order to maintain an edge over her opponent. Basically every named character is around this level of skill in the early seasons.
That lacks context, is ozpin impressed because ruby skill is actually good or because she is just above most of the academy in terms of skill. Also if the ¨changing modes extremlly fluid¨ would be impressive.... if she wasn't hypersonic (still good feat)

Now for Velvet. Velvet is able to perfectly and instantly mimic the exact moves that she observes other people use in combat as well as utilize multiple different fighting styles simultaneously, both armed and unarmed. Thanks to Anesidora, Velvet is also able to copy fighting styles that utilize weapons, and she is able to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. To date that we know of, Velvet is able to simultaneously utilize the fighting styles and weapons of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Nora Valkyrie, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Coco Adel, Peter Port, Reese Chloris, Fox Alistar, Vega Bleu, Yatsuhashi Daichi, Russel Thrush, Roy Stallion, Neptune Vasilias, Brawnz Ni, Bartholomew Oobleck, Flynt Coal, Edward Caspian, and Scarlet David. Of note, every person listed spent their entire lives training in combat and several of them are professional huntsmen with decades of combat experience.
She did that not because skill, but because her special ability so... eh....

Moving up the chain we have Nebula Violette, who not only outmatched Velvet in a 1v1 test of martial arts skill, but was directly stated to be more skilled than Velvet in combat despite Velvet mixing numerous fighting styles to try to throw her off in their fight.
Being superior to a girl with a fuckton of ability, to the point she just uses mixed martial arts, really good feat

What exactly are you trying to say here? I don't understand.
You can't do a skill scaling change, that is not skill works. A guy can defeat another guy even if they are the same stats not because skill (there exists matchups and different kinds of skill)

sigh I'll debate you later livin, you have a tendency to stonewall and I'm not feeling it right now.

How does that have to do with figthing skill? that only sounds like a really good energy manipulation
He specifically states Aura proficiency is equal to combat skill.
Oh that is really nice.... hunter skills aren't the same as figthing skills tho but still a good feat
Specifically mentions "combat", not hunting.
And? is evaluated to a super mega skilled guy but doesn't mean anything, i can do a physic examn evaluated by albert einstein, that doesn't mean a i am a genious for that
To get into Beacon you have to be evaluated at a certain level of combat proficiency by that same guy. That's entirely different. They aren't just evaluated, they are evaluated positively.
1. That is only experience not skill
2. Aren't those monsters animalistic in inteligence? Also aura protection sure helps and good speed advantage also helps
1. Experience can equate to skill in some cases where it is elaborated on, in this case, the experience is spent training in combat skill.

2. Said monsters can also kill these people if they make a single mistake, which means Aura does not factor in very well.
That lacks context, is ozpin impressed because ruby skill is actually good or because she is just above most of the academy in terms of skill. Also if the ¨changing modes extremlly fluid¨ would be impressive.... if she wasn't hypersonic (still good feat)
Actual incoherent argument.
he did that not because skill, but because her special ability so... eh....
Ruby scales above her WITH skill. That is the point.
Being superior to a girl with a fuckton of ability, to the point she just uses mixed martial arts, really good feat
It is a really good feat, yeah. Don't be sarcastic when you don't actually know what your talking about.

To get into Beacon you have to be evaluated at a certain level of combat proficiency by that same guy. That's entirely different. They aren't just evaluated, they are evaluated positively.
And? how do we know that he put himself as a standard for the examns

Specifically mentions "combat", not hunting.
You know that hunting is combat rigth? Especially on the setting

It is a really good feat, yeah. Don't be sarcastic when you don't actually know what your talking about.
I wasn't being sarcastic but okay

The logic is that she is capable of defeating the copycat character without using a special ability, but purely through combative prowess.
Oh ok... how do we know that was a skill feat? Skill feats are hard as hell to quantify and they need alot of context to know that it was actual skill

Actual incoherent argument.
Not an argument

Back