• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Future King of Vermin fights The Crimson Huntress-In-Training!

Kinda weird because that would make the ¨one point for velvet by her snappy comeback¨ make no sense, atleast that would imply that velvet was getting an advantage
They're literally exchanging dialogue.
""Feel free to quit any time," Nebula taunted "I'm tired of you thinking your better than us," Velvet said through gritted teeth. "While I was defending Beacon, where were you? Oh, that's right, on the first transport to Vacuo.""
Then Velvet does the two spear attacks, Nebula dodges and roundhouse kicks her in the back, and then...
"Velvet still gets a point on that one for that snappy comeback," Scarlet whispered to Coco, and his new teammate nodded."
My point is that the semblance is allowing her to use the techniques in a effective way
It's still skill, she fights like that 24/7, and was beat when she was doing that.

Man the photographic memory comes from hax, not natural hax or skill hax it comes from her semblance AND they directly states that her semblance was the thing that allowes her to use the techniques
B r u h. You cannot read.

YES, the memory allows her to USE them. If she uses them poorly, she is not skilled.

But if she used them in an effective manner, then that is skill. Her hax lets her use it, and then she herself actualizes these abilities into a fight to use them effectively.

USING THEM isn't the problem. It's how she does it.

They're literally exchanging dialogue.
""Feel free to quit any time," Nebula taunted "I'm tired of you thinking your better than us," Velvet said through gritted teeth. "While I was defending Beacon, where were you? Oh, that's right, on the first transport to Vacuo.""
Then Velvet does the two spear attacks, Nebula dodges and roundhouse kicks her in the back, and then...
"Velvet still gets a point on that one for that snappy comeback," Scarlet whispered to Coco, and his new teammate nodded."
Okay that makes sense i guess (still she getting suprised for velvet combining many mixed arts gotta count for something rigth?)

It's still skill, she fights like that 24/7, and was beat when she was doing that.
Is supernatural, and it's counts from hax.... yeah that ain't skill and is not the first time we have an photographic memory guy *cough cough sasuke. We never sayed it was hax never

Is supernatural, and it's counts from hax.... yeah that ain't skill and is not the first time we have an photographic memory guy *cough cough sasuke. We never sayed it was hax never

YES, the memory allows her to USE them. If she uses them poorly, she is not skilled.

But if she used them in an effective manner, then that is skill. Her hax lets her use it, and then she herself actualizes these abilities into a fight to use them effectively.

You are braindead.

¨but he didn't know that her semblance allowed her to call on those combat techniques any time.¨
This is becoming quite funny

YEAH.

THE SEMBLANCE LETS HER CALL ON THEM, AND THEREFORE USE THEM. THAT IS CORRECT.

BUT SHE DOES NOT GAIN THE ABILITY TO MAGICALLY USE THEM EFFECTIVELY IN A WAY THAT CAN DEFEAT OR EFFECT AN OPPOSITION. SHE DOES NOT GAIN SKILL THROUGH HER SEMBLANCE.
Nah

Ok can we go back into the actual skill discution please? Also 2 vs 1 is not fair btw
I don't care if it's 2 v 1. Try getting ********** in a debate by like 5 people at the same time.

Okay like deadass gonna spell this out for you.

She copies the abilities through hax. That is correct. Her semblance is hax.

But her ability to use these abilities in combat is not.

The copying itself is an ability not born directly from combat skill or talent. But, when one copies an ability, one does not gain instant knowledge on how to effectively use the ability. That's the point.

Using the skills effectively, and meshing the styles together in a way that allows you to defeat your opponent, is skill. You can copy a roundhouse kick perfectly but if you don't know where or when to throw out the kick, then there's no point.

YEAH.

THE SEMBLANCE LETS HER CALL ON THEM, AND THEREFORE USE THEM. THAT IS CORRECT.

BUT SHE DOES NOT GAIN THE ABILITY TO MAGICALLY USE THEM EFFECTIVELY IN A WAY THAT CAN DEFEAT OR EFFECT AN OPPOSITION. SHE DOES NOT GAIN SKILL THROUGH HER SEMBLANCE.

I don't care if it's 2 v 1. Try getting ********** in a debate by like 5 people at the same time.
Man i got ganbanged by

3-4 admins, 3 normals guys and weekly..... 4 times (3 of those were in a TF2 upgrade thread and the other was in the 8 bit theather thread the last one even bringed ants was really funny)

pd: Oh also the minecraft downgrade thread.... yeah i think those are 5 times

Okay like deadass gonna spell this out for you.

She copies the abilities through hax. That is correct. Her semblance is hax.

But her ability to use these abilities in combat is not.

The copying itself is an ability not born directly from combat skill or talent. But, when one copies an ability, one does not gain instant knowledge on how to effectively use the ability. That's the point.

Using the skills effectively, and meshing the styles together in a way that allows you to defeat your opponent, is skill. You can copy a roundhouse kick perfectly but if you don't know where or when to throw out the kick, then there's no point.
No just no.... they directly state that she uses her techniques VIA HER hax.... i don't even what? I posted the same quote but you are directly ignoring straigth statementes, and prefering some choppy headcanon

Man i got ganbanged by

3-4 admins, 3 normals guys and weekly..... 4 times (3 of those were in a TF2 upgrade thread and the other was in the 8 bit theather thread)
So, like, are you gonna address the argument or you just gonna dick around?

No just no.... they directly state that she uses her techniques VIA HER hax.... i don't even what? I posted the same quote but you are directly ignoring straigth statementes, and prefering some choppy headcanon
...You have the reading comprehension of an actual goldfish.

So, like, are you gonna address the argument or you just gonna dick around?
Oh yeah the argument.... isn't the argument the one i am currently debunking? Is not different is the same, just because you present it as one doesn't mean is one

Nice ad hominem

Man i literally posted a direct statment about that, you can't say that to me without sounding like a hyprocryte
It isn't ad hominen if it's both: true, and relevant to your argument as you deadass do not have the ability to properly comprehend text to the point you can form a cohesive point.

Your interpretation of the statement is objectively incorrect, you are wrong, I have proved this several ******* times.
Oh yeah the argument.... isn't the argument the one i am currently debunking? Is not different is the same, just because you present it as one doesn't mean is one
You didn't debunk shit.

Okay that makes sense i guess (still she getting suprised for velvet combining many mixed arts gotta count for something rigth?)
It means Nebula got disoriented, not that she couldn't fight it
Nah

Ok can we go back into the actual skill discution please? Also 2 vs 1 is not fair btw
You done gone and started spouting complete nonsense, which ticked me off. So sorry for that one.
If you turned around and reread that, you'd see that it means she uses them with her semblance. If she didn't have skill she couldn't effectively USE those techniques, Her semblance copies them, THATS IT. It doesn't perform the techniques for her, it just copies them, it is up to her to use them effectively.

And the final nail in your coffin of being folded like a lawn chair: ""She's been practicing," Coco replied. "Most huntsmen revel their training in the way they handle themselves in battle, but she can fuse multiple disciplines into a brand-new technique-different each time. Velvet may fight like a lot of different people, but no one else fights like Velvet.""

Though gonna be honest this whole debate is completely irrelevant. Velvet isn't the one fighting. Ruby is. And Ruby scales above Velvet through skill.

So it doesn't even matter if Velvet did it through hax or not, she isn't the one fighting here. So who gives a ****?

Though gonna be honest this whole debate is completely irrelevant. Velvet isn't the one fighting. Ruby is. And Ruby scales above Velvet through skill.

So it doesn't even matter if Velvet did it through hax or not, she isn't the one fighting here. So who gives a ****?
Notably, she scales above Velvet's skill in using everything she has, and scales above Nebula, who thrashed Velvet pretty badly.

It isn't ad hominen if it's both: true, and relevant to your argument as you deadass do not have the ability to properly comprehend text to the point you can form a cohesive point.

Your interpretation of the statement is objectively incorrect, you are wrong, I have proved this several ******* times.
That is not it works, it wouldn't be ad hominem if you atacked my argument not myself as a person

You didn't debunk shit.
I literally posted a direct statement saying that she uses her skill via her semblance not via her skill...

It means Nebula got disoriented, not that she couldn't fight it
She got disoriented by HER figthing style, what is your point there

You done gone and started spouting complete nonsense, which ticked me off. So sorry for that one.
Man your ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨teanmate¨¨¨¨¨ has been ignoring straigth statementes

If you turned around and reread that, you'd see that it means she uses them with her semblance. If she didn't have skill she couldn't effectively USE those techniques, Her semblance copies them, THATS IT. It doesn't perform the techniques for her, it just copies them, it is up to her to use them effectively.
No it literally says that her semblace allows her to ¨summon¨ the techniques, how on earth are you going to interprate that in any way

And the final nail in your coffin of being folded like a lawn chair: ""She's been practicing," Coco replied. "Most huntsmen revel their training in the way they handle themselves in battle, but she can fuse multiple disciplines into a brand-new technique-different each time. Velvet may fight like a lot of different people, but no one else fights like Velvet.""
And? is refering to the individual, like what the hell are you trying to prove with that point

Oh yey a FRA train is upcoming where only 3 people here participated and the rest only wants the ilusion of participating yey

Oh yey a FRA train is upcoming where only 3 people here participated and the rest only wants the ilusion of participating yey
dude i literally watched this thread to the beginning, i voted because i watched the argument for both and pretty much both of them agree that Ruby wins more often then Mori

Anyway my point is that mimicry in this case is not a feat, and while figting a fucktons of mixed arts is impressive isn't that much impresive (considering that mori does this), TBH i don't care the match as a whole and instead i care more about the super janky skill definition the wiki uses

Anyway my point is that mimicry in this case is not a feat, and while figting a fucktons of mixed arts is impressive isn't that much impresive (considering that mori does this), TBH i don't care the match as a whole and instead i care more about the super janky skill definition the wiki uses
1. Your wrong.

2. Then do something else and leave this match alone.

That is not it works, it wouldn't be ad hominem if you atacked my argument not myself as a person

I literally posted a direct statement saying that she uses her skill via her semblance not via her skill...

She got disoriented by HER figthing style, what is your point there

Man your ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨teanmate¨¨¨¨¨ has been ignoring straigth statementes

No it literally says that her semblace allows her to ¨summon¨ the techniques, how on earth are you going to interprate that in any way

And? is refering to the individual, like what the hell are you trying to prove with that point
And do tell where that is from, becuase it's not accepted on her profile and the dialogue I quoted directly contradicts it, hell, even what your arguing for goes against the quote.

"Photographic Memory: Velvet's Semblance, which allows her to mimic the exact moves that other people have learned and used in combat. Velvet uses her Semblance in conjunction with Anesidora in order to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. Even without using weapon copies, Velvet is able to call on multiple fighting styles at once, allowing her to disorient unprepared opponents. However, her Semblance does not allow her to mimic the Semblances and capabilities of others or perform moves that are a direct result of another person's Semblance."

From Velvet's profile, if you have an issue, make a CRT. The end.

And do tell where that is from, becuase it's not accepted on her profile and the dialogue I quoted directly contradicts it, hell, even what your arguing for goes against the quote.

"Photographic Memory: Velvet's Semblance, which allows her to mimic the exact moves that other people have learned and used in combat. Velvet uses her Semblance in conjunction with Anesidora in order to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. Even without using weapon copies, Velvet is able to call on multiple fighting styles at once, allowing her to disorient unprepared opponents. However, her Semblance does not allow her to mimic the Semblances and capabilities of others or perform moves that are a direct result of another person's Semblance."

From Velvet's profile, if you have an issue, make a CRT. The end.
Eh....what? you know that those types of things can't really be in the profile rigth? Like is extremlly especific that only applies to skill..... that is not really very detailed in the profile

1. Your wrong.

2. Then do something else and leave this match alone.
1. Ok just go and do a CRT about naruto OR better yet just do a whole rework on technique based mimicry

2. Why? It is fun and it helped explain some misconceptions about skill

1. Ok just go and do a CRT about naruto OR better yet just do a whole rework on technique based mimicry

2. Why? It is fun and it helped explain some misconceptions about skill
1. I don't need to because your interpretation about skill is wrong even if you try to meatride site standards.

2. Your explanations are both wrong and contribute nothing to the general match. If you have nothing to say on the match-up then say nothing.

1. I don't need to because your interpretation about skill is wrong even if you try to meatride site standards.
1. You can't just not use wiki standards, that is against the rule

2. I did say something about the match

1. Reading comprehension is a virtue. As if you had it, you'd be able to figure out that I was calling you wrong even in accordance with site standards, as you are the one who is arguing outside of them.

2. When.

1. Reading comprehension is a virtue. As if you had it, you'd be able to figure out that I was calling you wrong even in accordance with site standards, as you are the one who is arguing outside of them.
Oh nice why i amarguing out of the rules? asking for a friend

2. Mori having more skill??? that is why we started the whole thing i. And don't come saying that it was extremlly small, if mori was more skilled he wins if he isn't he loses

Your arguing outside of them because you think that an ability that copies powers gives the user the ability to instantly utilize these powers at maximum possible efficiency without feats lol.

And no Mori is not more skilled. Objectively, he is not.

Your arguing outside of them because you think that an ability that copies powers gives the user the ability to instantly utilize these powers at maximum possible efficiency without feats lol.

And no Mori is not more skilled. Objectively, he is not.
I never said that, i literally never said that. What i said is that her semblance is the things THAT ALLOWS HER TO USE HER TECHNIQUES, i don't even think anyone here is that skilled considering they are wanked to oblivion in terms of skill

Anyway garou FRA

I never said that, i literally never said that. What i said is that her semblance is the things THAT ALLOWS HER TO USE HER TECHNIQUES, i don't even think anyone here is that skilled considering they are wanked to oblivion in terms of skill
Yeah.

And then she uses her own skill with the techniques. Even if she can use them she has to be skilled with them for them to be effective.
Anyway garou FRA
Vote seriously or leave before I give you a clown license.

Yeah.

And then she uses her own skill with the techniques. Even if she can use them she has to be skilled with them for them to be effective.

Vote seriously or leave before I give you a clown license.
don't forget to count my vote

Eh okay... I guess mori? he is definetly more skilled here, mostly because his stuffs comes from feats insteads of statements

Back