• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transdualism in WoD

Ultima isn't putting WoD into 1-A based upon the Author thing, we can all forget that now, it's become irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

The merging with the Tao isn't proof of that, because it's not, no one is trying to prove it with that, it's proving that Mages can work their way backwards through Duality and into the Tao. 1-A is merely a byproduct of the original Scan about Wuji, Taiji, Duality and Trinity.

The support for 1-A is also not based upon if I get the statement, it's based upon that WoD has all things True as Platonic Truth and all lies as Archetypal lies, coming together as infinite Archetypal-Platonic concepts, that is the support for 1-A that Ultima supported.

I also spoke to Ultima in DMs and I appreciate him spending time with me to talk with me about WoD as it's a messy topic and we're coming together on what WoD is.

Taoism page is a broken link

I do think the in verse Taoism stuff qualifies for type 3 and as such 1-A, but how can we know that the generic statement of "no duality" from mages refers to the entire idea of duality within the setting, ie the greater Taoism stuff?

Ah, well the Taoism page literally explains all, as me and Ultima's have gone through in DMs, it talks about The One (Wuji/Taiji) Then The Two (Duality) and then The Three (Trinity/Taote T'ien-tzun/Three Heavenly Worthies)

Heres the page again: https://m.imgur.com/xn7JGh3

For reference, Taiji and Wuji as well as Heaven (Chinese Heaven, not Christian Heaven) are big deals in Taoism, Wuji being stated as the "Undeniable beginning of all things" and Taiji is what creates Tai-Yin and Tao-Yang, Ultimate Yin and Ultimate Yang respectively, which are as it describes, their ultimate versions.

From the other scans that wasn't the whole thing (ones you showed ultima after he questioned) i'd also be fine with 1-A if that was to be surpassed. My issue is how can we know that the first statement that they created a world free from death and duality can be scaled out to the Taoist explanation as opposed to a lesser duality due to the vagueness of that statement? Were these things both in the same manual or something?

Well, firstly, it's worth noting at there's 3 series of WoD, 1. oWoD (Old World of Darkness), nWoD and Chronicles of Darkness.

Now, old and New are connected, and Chronicles and nWoD are connected.

Usually, anything found within these catalogues, oWoD, nWoD and Chronicles are all cannon to each other, for example, within this book, They talk about the Supernal, which is a Higher realm, a possibly infinite collection of Realms which contain a "Nigh-Infinite amount of Platonic Truths", Anima Mundi is one talked about a lot, as it relates to the Soul, which is very very powerful in WoD.

Additionally, these are found in the same catagory that being firstly, nWoD and Mage, The Awakening.

I can see if Anima Mundi is talked in the book.

I suppose that works for these characters then.

PsychoWarper said:
PsychoWarper said:
So if 1-A WoD is accepted (Which isnt 100% yet) how far into 1-A will they be?
^^^
So, if Platonic concepts are 1-A, then the difference between tier 1 Mage and Tier 2 Mage is the same difference between 3-D and Platonic, as Tier 2 gain the ability to manipulate and create Platonic concepts, then the difference between each is greater than the last;

Tier 1 >>>>> Tier 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Tier 3 etc. As infinium.

1-A stuff usually gets asked to DarkLK, Sera, and Azathoth, but you probably aren't going to get a response from the latter right now. Can't hurt to ask DarkLK and Sera though.

Yeah it seems like most mods agree with the 1-A rating. Assuming no other major counter opposition it can likely be applied. Although who exactly does this scale to? Just WoD God or is this a widespread upgrade?

It applies to the Mages and beings who rank above them.

Mages, Caine, Lilith, Angels, Demons, The One Giver.

No one else should scale, unless it's scaling to another aspect of the 1-A stuff like the Infinite Platonic concepts

Matthew Schroeder said:
That or Type 2. 1-A rating has been rejected and debunked time and again and I can't believe people still trust Udl's word at all.
You're not really in any position to deny this at all if there are a majority Staff agreeing with Type 3 as well. Also, we shouldn't be using past upgrades to demote someone's credibility. You're trying to attack someone's credibility rather than address the argument with something like this.

Can some staff member(s) provide a summary of the premise and conclusions here?

Back