• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

I have also considered a page for that as well, although when I have put that ability down on profiles I have always refered to it as Damage Translation. That ability would also include things like Cursed Arm Hassa's ability to mirror damage between his illusory heart and the target's real heart, as well as general voodoo doll type stuff

When we make the damage translation page, Cursed Arm Hassan and the God of Inconclusives himself, Thunder McQueen, definitely need to be listed in the examples

Since it isn't covered by Surface Scaling, I suggest we make Water Walking a page - for characters who can walk on the surface of liquids without breaking through surface.

Obvious example of users that comes to mind is Shinobi from Naruto, and also some insects due to surface tension.

Maybe? Would we include those who walk on water through speed? we don't for surface scaling.

Only problem is that it may be a double standard. It also kinda seems similar to giving vibration manipulation for hitting the ground hard enough or deconstruction for firing a really powerful laser at a human.

I don't think you should include characters who can do that via sheer speed.

This was brought up in Earl's Battle Ideas #2. There should be a page for Skillful Persuasion. This power is for characters who can use intelligence and charm in order to make people do what they normally wouldn't without the usage of any kind of mindhax or hypnosis.

This would apply to characters who can brainwash via knowledge of psychology, RPG characters who have charisma stats, characters who can pacify via talking to the aggressor etc. Essentially, this would be Talk no Jutsu but officially recognised.

Hmm. You're probably right Andy.

We should restrict it to just characters who stand, walk & run on water without doing it through pure speed.

@Tac That seems like it should just be treated as intelligence rather than a power.

Damage3245 said:
Hmm. You're probably right Andy.

We should restrict it to just characters who stand, walk & run on water without doing it through pure speed.
This view is always as I seen it. I didn't known people believe it can be given by superspeed, honestly. Perhaps, there should be a note on the page explaining it is not associated with Superhuman Speed, prerably from a Content Revision Thread.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Yeah, morality manip is just a more specific form of mind hax. This is just being good at persuasion with no mental manipulation aspect to it
So at best, it would be like Talk no justu

Andytrenom said:
@Tac That seems like it should just be treated as intelligence rather than a power.
High intelligence in no way guarantees that you will have amazing communication skills. I am living proof of this ovo. Usually the intelligence stat only determines the level of tactics, inventions and creation, knowledge of stuff that a character would have.

Skillful persuasion actually kind of reminds me of another ability, which is Presence...that is the best word i can think of.

It's also about influencing others without the use of mindhax but just through charisma and "presence".

What makes this notable as an ability is the extent it reaches in many verseS, The Kenichi Masters are able to take out people through mere eye contact, The God of Death can explain to a classroom how he's going to cut someone into pieces while keeping them in a calm and relaxed state, dozens of other verses where you can communicate your power and make someone sweat bullets while standing perfectly still.

Now while I being this up I'm not really dying to have this ability here and if it's unnecessary or covered by something that's fine.

@Elizhaa

That is the most famous example. However, there are also people like Saber Caeser who can destroy his enemies spirit with his Incitement, or Kumagawa's Cruel Trial

I am not dying to have this ability either. I do believe it is under Charismatic Aura in this wiki. Naruto's charisma was alluded as bright chakra by Karin

@Tac Intelligence isn't supposed to be a single stat, it is supposed to be an explanation of what area someone's intelligence excells in and what kind of stuff they can/have pulled off by using their brains.

being rated "high" in intelligence doesn't mean they will have amazing communication skills true, but having the description of being an amazing communicator, like how it should be with an intelligence rating, does.

Isn't speech based persuasion more an intelligence feat?

Can we seriously drop the whole "it's already covered by other stuff" argument? It's by far the least important variable in page creation, and is borderline useless

Wokistan said:
Isn't speech based persuasion more an intelligence feat?
Yes, this is true as well. In case, like Naruto, it is help supernatural characteristics like chakra or Aura against smarter enemies

Superhuman Physical Characteristics is also absolutely useless then, since people can just look at AP, durability, speed, lifting strength and striking strength to know that.

That is just a "two wrongs justify a right" argument even if it's true, we shouldn't make more useless powers just because some existing ones may seem like it.

Intelligence is supposed to be an explanation. Files that just say "high" with no further context or explanation aren't really using the stat right, since it's such a fluid definition. Explaining the persuasiveness of a character would be a perfect fit for giving them an impressive rating in emotional intelligence or something.

Andytrenom said:
That is just a "two wrongs justify a right" argument even if it's true, we shouldn't make more useless powers just because some existing ones may seem like it.
You're missing the point. It was already agreed that we already do this because redundancy is less important than notability in powers

Once again, redundancy is everywhere in this wiki already

It is true for few older abilities, it doesn't mean that we should used this fact as excused to add more redundant abilities. Some redundant abilities like smite and one hit kill have been removed, in fact. Many recent redundant abilities have been deleted.

Back