• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

What is the ability to resurrect or bring back things erased from existence, or that ceased to exist due to time paradoxes?

Resurrection.

Veeeery specific Resurrection.

Chemical manipulation: the ability to manipulate/utilize/create natural or synthetic chemical compounds for a wide variety of effects, could be used to poison, knock out, weaken, enhance stats and regulate bodily functions.

@Aguila seems kinda broad no? Not to mention most chemicals characters use as far as I'm aware come from science (of the magical kind) rather than actual ability.

@Jordan I think we decided it wouldn't be worth it because it would basically need to be on everyone's profiles.

You sure?

Plenty of people generate shockwaves via sheer power or speed, but not as many actively weaponize it as part of their fighting styles, which is what I'm referring to.

Hence, Shockwave Manipulation rather than just Shockwave Generation

I've got nothing against it but it's have to be a big part of a character's fighting style (Tremor, Arkhamverse Bane and Aganos)

SomebodyData said:
@Aguila seems kinda broad no? Not to mention most chemicals characters use as far as I'm aware come from science (of the magical kind) rather than actual ability.
It's quite broad, but adjustments could be made to it, an ability doesn't have to be innate to a lot of characters to be valid.

Its main purpose is to outline a different method characters may utilize to achieve certain effects, for example, a character who can resist hypnosis that puts them to sleep may not be able to resist being pumped with tranquilizer/drugs since the former is more a metaphysical method whereas getting drugged puts you to sleep by inducing chemical reactions within your body.

How about inorganic physiology?

It would apply to things like elemental monsters and robots (Since apparently cyborgization doesn't cover them)

It's useful since it protects you from many abilities like Biological manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Poison Manipulation etc.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So uh, anyone ever think of adding Dung Manipulation as a power?
I mean, even if that was to be considered, that'd still be Organic Manipulation, so...

How about Stickyness Manipulation for characters who use glue and other sticky stuff, usually as a means of incapacitation. Eg. Mineta from MHA, all variations of Spiderman, Paste Pot Pete etc.

Mr. Bambu said:
Acrobatics.

Please, for the love of god, Acrobatics.

Similar real-world abilities that should be added might be Lockpicking or Torture/Interrogation/etc.
Arrogant Schmuck said:
Hey sorry to resurrect an over 2 month old thread, but what about Superhuman Digestion?

Essentially the ability to eat anything normal humans can't without any negative effects.

Here are a couple ideas:

Precision strike: an attack that targets an incredibly small portion of an opponent's body. For instance, anyone who can target individual cells, molecules, atoms, etc of an opponent would have this.

Direct Attack: an attack that circumvents barriers between the user and the target, bypassing walls, armor, shields, magical barriers, skin/shells, or defending summons/allies. Examples include: telefrag, almighty attacks from SMT, critical hits in some RPGs, cards that can use direct attacks in Yu-Gi-Oh, thread manipulation that can go through cracks and gaps in armor, shockwaves that travel through skin and shells to directly affect the internals, etc.

Those seem pretty specific. Precision Strike is just a specific form of Matter Manipulation, and the other is just negging a forcefield.

I think he means stuff that forces someone to use a specific ability, for instance encore can force the opponent to use their previous attack.

Mr. Bambu said:
Those seem pretty specific. Precision Strike is just a specific form of Matter Manipulation, and the other is just negging a forcefield.
I disagree about it being a form of matter manip, but I guess Precision Strike is too specific.

I strongly disagree with you on the other one though. Stuff that hits the opponent without going through things like armor, skin, scales, or shields are different from just stopping someone's forcefield from working.

I'm going to make a draft about Reality Manifestatio or Imagination Manifestatio which is the power to bring anything and everything you want into reality, not only Tangible but also intangible stuffs like "think to this guy die and die" or other things like that.

It's a sub power of Creation but this one basically count Tangible stuff and isn't really as Imagination /Reality manisfestation

I agree with Bambu at that point, sounds like limited intangibility.

@Causality sounds like reality warping and like you said, its a sub-power of creation. Though most creators can bring their imagination to life, so not sure if its entirely necessary.

Idk whether this hasn't been mentioned but I think that Skill/Ability Creation should be a thing

I'm pretty sure Rimuru has shown the ability to create new skills

The Causality said:
I'm going to make a draft about Reality Manifestatio or Imagination Manifestatio which is the power to bring anything and everything you want into reality, not only Tangible but also intangible stuffs like "think to this guy die and die" or other things like that.
It's a sub power of Creation but this one basically count Tangible stuff and isn't really as Imagination /Reality manisfestation
The first is Creation, the second is Death Manipulation.

SomebodyData said:
@Causality sounds like reality warping and like you said, its a sub-power of creation. Though most creators can bring their imagination to life, so not sure if its entirely necessary.
Class everythings as RW is pretty boring (owo), the exigence of this isn't for "classic" creators, you need clear statemate or at least feats like:

• Being Able to bring into Reality whatever you Imagine or said (like The Devil in Black Clover or gremmy thoumaux)
  • Need to be a specific power and not from classics Creator (like Universal God or lambda creator)
  • Being Able to Imagine Intangible event (like the death of the target or other)

Mind Manipulation though? Time travel is a bit different, but I don't think we really need both time stop and manip.

Back