• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Way Big Downgrade to 7A

"I'm told that characters who are what others create/destroy are just equal to them. "

Taking one good look at this statement should tell you how little sense it makes

Anyway yeah a practice like this exists, but it's nothing more than a mistake commonly made by people, being an object doesn't automatically mean being able to destroy the object in a way our system expects and it goes no less for moons and stars than it does for other things

Well, thats what I was told when I asked them about it. If you disagree, then a thread to discuss the issue more could be needed.

Anyway, If we treat characters who are living universes as 3-A's, Low 2-C's or otherwise, being a moon or any celestial object shouldn't be any different. Unless you can't fight as said object at all and is more or less just a state of being kind of case.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Anyway, If we treat characters who are living universes as 3-A's, Low 2-C's or otherwise, being a moon or any celestial object shouldn't be any different. Unless you can't fight as said object at all and is more or less just a state of being kind of case.
I had a feeling you would bring up low 2-Cs. That's a tier which is infinitely above the preceeding one and not judged through the same calculation based lens as below tiers, being an entire timespace would be impossible to consider something below low 2-C and so we just rank them at that tier as a convention

With 3-A, if you're all the bodies in the universe then no, a character shouldn't have that ranking either, if you're the space then that's a bit of a different situation than simply being the object a character is supposed to destroy in one-shot. They are both bad comparisions

As for needing a thread, sure if you can actually show me the practice being an official rule. Otherwise it's not needed, a lot of people using a bad method of scaling doesn't mean it's some kind of standard, and if it's illogical then it won't be used no matter of its prominence

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Well, thats what I was told when I asked them about it. If you disagree, then a thread to discuss the issue more could be needed.

Dude, if the only reason you are on a certian tier because you are a ceslestial body then you would be toast on battles. How do you think a battle between a planet buster and a planet go?

Stars don't emit a 4-C amount of energy. That's just what it takes to destroy them. That would apply to any star.

Ant-Man VS Thanos?

Touché because that would actually kill Ant-Man and Ben generally stays small if he switches aliens while being crushed as Nanomech, happened when he fought Gwen and he turned from Nanomech into Way Big while being trapped in her book.

Zamasu Chan said:
If Malware wasn't 5-A then the explosion would've vaporized his ass.
I argue that it vaporized his ass, but since his ass was all over the moon, it couldn't vaporize all of him and then the pieces of him that survived fell down to Galvan and those pieces wouldn't scale to him being the moon cause those pieces are smaller than the moon.

@Greenshifter Malware wasn't vaporized at all. Large pieces of his body were still intact and raining down on Galvin Prime.

He wasn't vaporized in his entirety yes and I don't think it's shown what happened to the Malware closest to the core, so the only thing we know is that large pieces of his body that did not get hit by the blast, rained down on Galvan and one of those pieces turned into third form and kept amping itself till fourth form. Yet somehow this would mean Malware is 5A?

Andytrenom said:
Low 2-C being infinitely above 3-A had nothing to do with my point Andy. My point was that if a character is the object in and of itself, whether that be anything from a planet to a universe, and they aren't treated as just simple omnipresents (since the latter is a state of being), then they would get the tier. If being an entire timespace is impossible to consider under Low 2-C, why would being an entire planet suddenly be possible to consider under 5-B?

And I also don't see why it would need to be an official rule to make a thread about it. If it's done (which it is as I know a character or 2 who have tiers based on this as well), and if its claimed to be wrong, then a thread addressing it should be made.

Immortalgodd said:
Dude, if the only reason you are on a certian tier because you are a ceslestial body then you would be toast on battles. How do you think a battle between a planet buster and a planet go?
No, it depends on factors like the character being a planet bigger than what the opponent has destroyed.

Unless you think, for example, someone who casually destroys earth can destroy a character who's a jupiter sized planet.

Since that's how stars work? What kind of star is constantly outputting enough energy to destroy itsef?

Low 2-C being infinitely above 3-A had nothing to do with my point Andy. My point was that if a character is the object in and of itself, . If being an entire timespace is impossible to consider under Low 2-C, why would being an entire planet suddenly be possible to consider under 5-B?
The fact that there's an infinite difference between entire timespaces and tierable stuff below them is why it's impossible to consider being a timespace continuum as something below low 2-C but the same doesn't go for planets. And you use universes to make a comparison when taking a look at normal physical objects shows why the assumption doesn't hold up, you can't blow up another human by virtue of being one yourself, and planet level implies doing exactly that to a planet, and if a block of iron developed the ability to move, that doesn't mean it can shatter another iron block of a similar size by attacking it.

You need to show that the sheer act of being an object would produce the energy we associate with a tier, since that isn't a given. With tier 2 stuff and above, things aren't so calc centric so this particular bit doesn't exactly apply, and because of this it's a really bad comparison when dealing with 3-D stuff

And I also don't see why it would need to be an official rule to make a thread about it. If it's done (which it is as I know a character or 2 who have tiers based on this as well), and if its claimed to be wrong, then a thread addressing it should be made.

What I mean is that there doesn't need to be a thread for this argument to be rejected, since it's not an official rule and so can be refuted without needing to bring changes first. Making a thread to address the issues is perfectly fine

Nope, they never fought.

Ultimate Way Big should, gonna try and figure out Diagon's rating after this revision.

Then what is the AP-value? Also calc was made using pure neutronium instead of treating it like a carbon-neutronium alloy I think.

I do not know if we can just assume it's the same ratio as steel. Regardless I don't see an AP value in the calc, perhaps I should ask Jasonsmith if he wants to calc it?

We do indeed, any thoughts on his consciousness and only the pieces that weren't blown up reforming into Malware?

I want to downgrade Malware tho and to be honest, since Malware fought on par with Humungousaur after this, him tanking the destruction of the moon would be an outlier for him, if he even tanked it in the first place.

There are literally no anti feats for Malware or any other 7-A characters, outlier is literally something you just pulled out of thin air. Also trying to make almost every single 7-A is a horrible idea because there's a clear distinction between the regular level aliens and the stronger ones. It's literally just stupid scaling.

Also at 21:25 Kevin in his armored form was able to survive an explosion without a scratch. It needs to be calculated and would scale to the regular aliens.

@Zamasu my apologies but I'm already thinking in terms of tier 6 and Vilgax being incapacitated for a good while by the destruction of the Chimerian Hammer at the end of AF, so just putting the top tiers in tier 5 seems like a bit too much if you ask me.

I don't think he got hit by the explosion, there are escape pods on the ship after all 17:42.

Also practically every alien scales to Kevin so while it may be stupid of Man Of Action to put everyone on around the same level, that's still what they did in my opinion.

@Greenshifter

The games were written by one of the longtime show writers and story editors Charlotte Fullerton.

Paradox: As Gwen guessed, cross-time is made up of parallel versions of the history we know. There are hundreds of them. A world where Gwen found the Omnitrix. A world where albedo turned to alien x and was trapped motionless for nearly a year. A world where you didn't have to destroy the Omnitrix to defeat Vilgax. Et cetera. Ad infinitum. These worlds are all every bit as real as our own, but they cannot must not be allowed to leak into ours. Which brings us to our problem.

@Greenshifter

Most iron alloys are steels, with carbon as a major alloying element. It should be noted that High carbo content makes an alloy very brittle and not useful directly as a material except for limited applications. Considering the jump gate is made of neutronium carbon alloy and that the Hyperspace Jump Gate was unable to be damaged or even scratched by simultaneous attacks from Murk Upchuck and his allies, it shouldn't have a high Carbon content.

Carbon steel is a steel with carbo content up to 2.1% by weight.

The carbon in typical steel alloys may contribute up to 2.14% of its weight.

Cast iro is a group of iro-carbo alloys with a carbon content greater than 2%. Carbon (C) ranging from 1.8 to 4 wt%

Pig iro has a very high carbo content, typically 3.8―4.7%. Brittle.

Yeah ok, just not sure if we could just assume it was around the same wt% but the brittle part convinced me, I already asked Jasonsith to calc it.

Back